Can we just skip Xmas this year?

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's just a week or two away, I'm totally unprepared for it and needless to say I'm not in the spirit at ALL this year. It's been such a shitty year regardless.

It's raining and I don't want to go shopping in the cold damp weather. I feel obligated to endure this holiday.

How about just skipping it this year?

I need an airline ticket to Aruba or something.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Have fun in Aruba. I love this time of year to much to skip it. But truth be told I started getting ready for it this past summer and shipped all of the gifts that needed to be sent right after Thanksgiving. Try planning ahead next year and you can actually enjoy the spirit of the season.
PS... I guess this means you wont' be baking holiday goodies this year either?

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You can definitely skip it :)

Me, however, I enjoy it waayyyyyy too much so I'm going to celebrate :)

Bah Humbug. lol

Have fun in Aruba. I love this time of year to much to skip it. But truth be told I started getting ready for it this past summer and shipped all of the gifts that needed to be sent right after Thanksgiving. Try planning ahead next year and you can actually enjoy the spirit of the season.

This year I wish I were a straight guy and just bring in the tree and have the wife do ALL the work as I sit on my ass watching football games.

Online gifts...there's an idea but I think everyone's gonna end up with gift certificates or a bottle of wine from Bev Mo this year. Can I buy a frozen Xmas dinner for 8 somewhere? Maybe do a potluck...or is that a bit cheesy for Xmas?

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Skipping is fun at any time of the year :biggrin1:

I really enjoy Thanksgiving but Christmas is another animal.

I hate the traffic, crowds and the awful Xmas music everywhere this time of year, obilagory gifts to give. I just hate everything about it.

I detest it so much that I usually spend it in another country usually where it's warmer and where it's much more bearable.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Bah Humbug. lol

This year I wish I were a straight guy and just bring in the tree and have the wife do ALL the work as I sit on my ass watching football games.

Online gifts...there's an idea but I think everyone's gonna end up with gift certificates or a bottle of wine from Bev Mo this year. Can I buy a frozen Xmas dinner for 8 somewhere? Maybe do a potluck...or is that a bit cheesy for Xmas?

You have given me a great idea for a business. I think I'll call it "The Jew That Brings Holiday Joy." I'll buy the gifts and wrap them, decorate your house and cook and bake so that it feels just like when you were a child. Beware... it's going to cost you! Jews bringing holiday joy does not come without a price tag. Ask Jesus!

PaulF

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
To me you have to put in to Christmas what you what out of it! I just love it. It does not matter how old you are, this is the only time of the year where you can be a child again for one day! and not think about the stresses of life!!!
If you think of Christmas as what it is and not as a time to go out and spend half of your yearly money on gifts, Think of it as time for friends and family.
Just enjoy Xmas as you what and not how others tell you how to enjoy it!!!!

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
needless to say I'm not in the spirit at ALL this year. It's been such a shitty year regardless.

How about just skipping it this year?

I think that I would really be happy NOT buying stuff for peeps and having to cook for family.
Next year, I am taking it easy. I am not buying anything for anyone. I am not cooking. NADA.
I think that I am going to get a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken and some mashed potatoes. And a fifth of Domaine Ste. Michelle SEC. :smile:

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I"m baffled by how people in a financially constrained environment, seem to ratchet up the gift giving even more? fortified with delusion they rally against reality.

it's completely counter-intuitive, you'd think this might be the one time people would actually be more in touch with (however cliched it is) the tru meaning of xmas.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You have given me a great idea for a business. I think I'll call it "The Jew That Brings Holiday Joy." I'll buy the gifts and wrap them, decorate your house and cook and bake so that it feels just like when you were a child. Beware... it's going to cost you! Jews bringing holiday joy does not come without a price tag. Ask Jesus!

Isn't Neiman Marcus already offering this service? I thought I saw it in their Christmas catalog...

I don't want to hear anyone else's bitching.

You know what I get for Christmas?

Jehovah's Witneses
... by the hundreds.... and a Watchtower.

You're town can be the next Salt Lake City! Rejoice!

You'll need to install a electric fence in your front yard and keep some pepper spray at your front door.

HUNGHUGE11X7

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Earth/USA/GA! DEEP IN YOUR THROAT,See vid TO SEE H
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
How about just skipping it this year?QUOTE]

hahaha we did that last yr in deference to the impending depression but since we are slowly coming out of the recession and hope is renewed we plan to go ahead witrh the familial celebrations.
On a personal note we have an aunt with Alzheimers who more than likely will see her last XMas .
Because of all of this we have decided to do it up big, not with the gifts though. We are buying only for the close family .

HH

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

Ho Ho Ho! Your idea of what str8 guys get away with these days is a bit dated!
I'm not skipping it. I'm flying 6000 miles into the teeth of it... But I shopped for books and socks online and they are being delivered and I'm just taking a few fabrics for the girls, so it's been pretty easy. Can't wait. Most of the family is gathering at the folks and we're taking a trip to the everglades to do some photos and paintings. It should be mellow.

You're town can be the next Salt Lake City! Rejoice!

You'll need to install a electric fence in your front yard and keep some pepper spray at your front door.

I don't think JWs sing as well as Mormons.

In any event I have two vicious pumis who will tear them limb from limb!

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
I love this time of year to much to skip it. But truth be told I started getting ready for it this past summer and shipped all of the gifts that needed to be sent right after Thanksgiving. Try planning ahead next year and you can actually enjoy the spirit of the season.

Maybe some frottage would rub some of your holiday cheer onto me.

You know what I get for Christmas?

Jehovah's Witneses
... by the hundreds.... and a Watchtower.

Awake! Makes for better kindling.

Bah!

NotSoDumb_Blonde

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Beware... it's going to cost you! Jews bringing holiday joy does not come without a price tag. Ask Jesus!

I spewed my juice out my nose and all over my computer screen with this one!!! Funny! :biggrin1:

And great idea, btw!

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
To me you have to put in to Christmas what you what out of it! I just love it. It does not matter how old you are, this is the only time of the year where you can be a child again for one day! and not think about the stresses of life!!!
DaveyR is a lucky man.

Ho Ho Ho! Your idea of what str8 guys get away with these days is a bit dated!
You straight guys get away with murder when it's time to prepare for holiday dinner parties. Don't tell me you voluntarily send out the invitations, decorate and clean the house, shop for the groceries, cook, entertain and clean up the mess the next day with no prompting from the wife. Yeah right. lol. Oh and yard work does not count nor does barbequeing as no one does that in the dead of winter outside.

I think that I am going to get a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken and some mashed potatoes. And a fifth of Domaine Ste. Michelle SEC. :smile:[/COLOR][/FONT]

KFC is open Christmas day?

I don't think JWs sing as well as Mormons.

In any event I have two vicious pumis who will tear them limb from limb!

I think the JW's would have those dogs converted in no time flat.

I think the JW's would have those dogs converted in no time flat.

Ha! Little do you know! They may look cute but they're vicious I tell ya! Bloodthirsty monsters who will tear you limb from limb while chomping on your guts! VICIOUS!!