Can women be in heat?

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was just having this discussion with my girlfriend tonight we both found it curious that we seem to be men magnets right around the time between ovulation and the beginning of our period. PMS not withstanding. I find it to be very curious. It made us both think about how male dogs can always tell when female dogs are at that point. Do women send out more pheromones around that time?

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was just having this discussion with my girlfriend tonight we both found it curious that we seem to be men magnets right around the time between ovulation and the beginning of our period. PMS not withstanding. I find it to be very curious. It made us both think about how male dogs can always tell when female dogs are at that point. Do women send out more pheromones around that time?

Yes, I believe so.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I need me some of those pheromones!

Other than my friend with benefits in Indiana, the last time a guy approached me (in person, not just online!) for anything like this was in 2004! :eek: I must be doing something wrong! (and no, I don't remember where I was in my cycle back then in 2004 when I was approached/commented on - by two guys in the same night no less! I wasn't interested in either of them, unfortunately, but it was flattering.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes they do. One sister told me its Mother Nature working Roots. I thought that was interesting. The moon and the stars effect our bodies in sometimes amazing ways. Is this Alchemy? I think so. Alchemy is an understanding of everything we are and everything around us. Two hearts beating as one:smile:

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't mean to gross anyone out, but haven't you ever noticed other male mammals notice when women menstruate? Even though I don't have periods since my cancer, I remember even our male horses (gelded and studs) would 'drop' their penises when ridden by me or other women on their periods. I often see male dogs show far more interest in women when they are on their periods, as well. I guess being a country girl its something I just accepted and saw as natural, but knew it had some type of hormonal foundation. Surely there is some connection to the pheromones you speak of? (even though personally I have noticed it only during active menstruation)

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Do women send out more pheromones around that time?

Yes.

I say this completely without any backing, but I have always noticed, since college-age, that I can smell differences in my girlfriends. Something different in their hair, typically. Something difficult to quantify, but something differentiable nonetheless.

moderateman8,5"

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Very interesting topic.. Yes, I too have noticed and sensed a coming menstruation a couple of days before it happened.. In addition to that, I sense when my girl is in heat or horny.. No words or touching is needed for me to smell it... It's funny because psychology and human behavior really fascinates me and I think I have a pretty good knowledge of the human nature. Just my opinion..

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
About hair:

When a girl has her hair 'up' or tied, she is sexually restrained. When her hair is down and flowing, she is more sexually 'open'. This is what I remember of Snow Falling On Cedars and I'm not sure if its just a literal device or actually true to life.

If a girl is at her most fertile, she will be sending off signals, physical and non-physical, verbal and unspoken. Which some men will pick up on.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
About hair:

When a girl has her hair 'up' or tied, she is sexually restrained. When her hair is down and flowing, she is more sexually 'open'. This is what I remember of Snow Falling On Cedars and I'm not sure if its just a literal device or actually true to life.

If a girl is at her most fertile, she will be sending off signals, physical and non-physical, verbal and unspoken. Which some men will pick up on.
I always have my hair up... mostly because I don't like the feeling of it on my neck. maybe I am sexually restrained.... I'm not totally sure yet.

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
More on studies done about human pheromones and their impact on us:

Other studies have suggested that people might be using odor cues associated with the immune system to select mates who are not closely related to themselves. (See Disassortative sexual selection) Using a brain imaging technique, Swedish researchers have shown that homosexual and heterosexual males' brains respond differently to two odors that may be involved in sexual arousal, and that the homosexual men respond in the same way as heterosexual women. The study was expanded to include lesbian women and the results were consistent with previous findings meaning that homosexual women were not as responsive to male identified odors but their response to female cues was similar to heterosexual males.[6]sexual orientation.[7] Another study demonstrated that the smell of androstadienone, a chemical component of male sweat, maintains higher levels of cortisol in females. The scientists suggest that the ability of this compound to influence the endocrine balance of the opposite sex makes it a human pheromonal chemosignal.[8]
Interesting.