Can you avoid STDs?

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by B_thickjohnny, Dec 11, 2011.

1. B_thickjohnny

B_thickjohnny New Member

I don't usually go cruising but last night I went to a place with glory holes etc and got a few BJs. The first was a young guy who wanted me to bareback him - I declined but he had already sucked my dick once and bit the tip. I think he meant to bite my PA and got the tip of my dick too.

Then got two other BJs but didn't come until I JO'd alone to a video. Then I left.

My question is if you can avoid STDs by doing simple things like wiping you cock with Purell or putting on anti bacterial ointment. After each BJ I went to the bathroom and washed my cock off but still I wonder.

So I'm curious. Besides the obvious - abstinence - is there a way to avoid STDs?

2. buffaloboy

buffaloboy Active Member

Albums:
  3. MarkLondon

Gold Member

Albums:
    Back in the 1970s (before the advent of hiv) there were regular advertisements in the gay press advising the use of soap and water immediately after sex. It wasn't government advice, the ads were funded by a charity. They claimed it could dramatically reduce the risk of gonnorhea and syphylis, the STDs of concern in those days.

4. OhWiseOne

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Sorry but its to late after the deed is done. Washing isn't going to help.

5. B_thickjohnny

B_thickjohnny New Member

Yeah, I figured. Too many guys moving around that I'm sure it only takes one guy having a STD to infect the others.

6. LUM_1986

LUM_1986 Member

Albums:
    We do have to remember that a sexually transmitted infection is like any infection. It can be prevented by your immune system. People tend to talk about a sexual infection as something that MUST happen if you come into contact with someone who is infected. This isn't true.

SOME people will catch a cold when someone sneezes on the bus, but others won't, and that is true of sexually transmitted infections too.

Now, that isn't to say that you should solely rely on your immune system to prevent infection. The immune system is fallible, like any other biological process.

But, by keeping a healthy immune system you will help to decrease your infection rate.

Personally thou, I would use a condom... :)

7. LUM_1986

LUM_1986 Member

Albums:
    Double post... Damn... lol

8. AtomicMouse1950

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I took basic training with a prior service man in his 40's, he had mostly been stationed in Panama. Where he said to me, there were plenty of ladies to waste his off time with. He claimed, to me anyway, the best remedy for avoiding STD's was to take a piss immediately afterwards. I have no real idea if this worked, only because when I finally got to my permanent duty station, I used condoms. At the time, in my young mind, it seemed reasonable.

9. B_thickjohnny

B_thickjohnny New Member

I heard that about peeing immediately after any sexual activity and about the strength of the immune system.... so we'll see.

Thanks for the comments!

10. Hoss

Gold Member

Albums:
    No. Once you have entered any orifice it is a possibility that you will get something. Add to this that he took a nip at your tip, raises blood to blood (if he had any cuts in his mouth).

Not really even a matter of too many. Here is what happens,

Joe has sex the very first time, he has sex with a man or woman who has been with a only 1 other, but in that encounter had picked up an std. They pass it to Joe. Joe shows up where you were last night, gives you head and passes the std to you. Joe had only had that one previous encounter, you were his second. That is all it takes. Get yourself to a doctor and have yourself tested in a few days (time for any std to manifest itself in your bloodwork) and then again in a month and even 6 months.

Best of luck.

11. Adrian69702006

Gold Member

Peeing immediately after sexual activity is beneficial in terms of reducing the risk of an std infection although I would caution that it's not a foolproof safeguard as such. Also if you make sure you have sex when you need to wee that should help to make you a bit harder and hornier than if you're performing on an empty bladder.

12. UKlady_4_extra_thick_cock

Draft saved Draft deleted