Can you be to open or close to your best friends?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by BirdinMo, Jun 12, 2009.

1. BirdinMo

BirdinMo Member

Albums:
    I went to an "adult store" today with my best friend who I have known for 13 years now. When we got back to her house her mom ask us where we had went, we told her "adult store" she looks at us and told us that its great we are friends and that we feel comfortable enough around each other to go to "that type of place" but to please stop being so close and open with each other.
    We both just kinda looked at her with this "oooooookkkkkkkkkk" look and walked off. This has me wondering now, can you be to open or close to your best friends?

2. EFH33

EFH33 Member

Albums:
    I think it depends on the person. I am more open with some of my friends than others. I think it just depends on the type person you are.

I don't think anyone has the right to tell you that you're too close with someone though, unless you're in danger of hurting yourself or them.

3. Principessa

Gold Member

No, but you can be with their parents. :tongue: Seriously, I would have made up something to tell her. I am not comfortable discussing sex with people old enough to be my parents.:cool:

4. D_Brecock Evileye

D_Brecock Evileye New Member

No, but you can be to open with you friend's mom. Dont tell her when you go places like that.

5. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

You and only you and your friend can decide how open you guys could be to each other.

6. Lynx

Lynx Member

Albums:
    Sometimes, I find that its easier to be close with those who arent good friends as sometimes I think that close friends are biased and may only give you thr answer you want to hear. Those who are less close might be more honest. Is that crazy??

7. D_Humper E Bogart

D_Humper E Bogart New Member

The guy with the crazy Lynx avatar has a point!
    I find it better to judge the character of a person, although at least with someone of an opposite gender, if you're too close, you're going to overlap into a relationship, I feel.

But with parents...ewwwwwwww!!! God, I like not knowing my parent's nasty shit!

8. BirdinMo

BirdinMo Member

Albums:
    no relationship between us. we are like brother and sister. I know what people will say about that though but its true we consider our selves brother and sister (some times sisters)

9. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    That's a question that can only be answered between the friends themselves. No one else's opinions really matter.

This thread, however, has me wondering if you paid attention to your teachers in school for more than two minutes at a time, or if you were too busy being a fuckup instead?

10. BirdinMo

BirdinMo Member

Albums:
    Well if I was not in the hospital or physical therapy then most of the time I was off in my own little world trying not to think of my next operation.:smile:

11. D_T_Frothingill_Bellows

D_T_Frothingill_Bellows Account Disabled

I don't think so... I think best friends get as close as they want... but I agree with njqt466

I probably wouldn't have said so to her parents

12. Lynx

Lynx Member

Albums:
    Haha, thanks I think! He is a dancing baby Lynx...before I became neurotic LOL

13. MovingForward

MovingForward Member

My best friend and I talk about sex but never been anywhere together

14. Reese

Reese New Member

Too open or close? There's no such thing, imho! The best friendships I've shared have been alarmingly intimate - some even in the physical sense - and I wouldn't trade these for anything. It's just wonderful to see two people connect on whatever level they're comfortable with, so I'd say you've got a great thing going with your mate!

Draft saved Draft deleted