Can you believe the cheek and hypocrisy of some people.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I needed to vent some anger here.

We live on residential complex in Tenerife. We have nice terraces to the front with nothing in front spoiling the view to the Atlantic. It's a great complex and very quiet.

The guy who moved in next door has suddenly become a pain. He often has a pal round at night and they sit drinking getting louder and louder until really late. Complex rules are that noise should be minimal after 11.30pm. The people above him him told him to keep it down many times. I've never said a word as it doesn't bother me. It not that loud and because of the climate most of us spent a lot of time outside so I figure there's going to be some noise. I don't care about what other people do.

Yesterday a good pal (who happens to be the wife of our complex President) came round for coffee about 6pm. We were just chatting normally and the guy from next door appears at my gate. He asked us to lower our voices to a normal level. I replied that I never complain about his late night noise which is usually much louder than our chatting and to go away immediately before I got really angry. He leaves straight away. My pal and I just look at each other in amazement.

5 minutes later my phone rings. It's the complex President, my pal's husband, who can barely speak to me for laughing. He explains that the asswipe next door has been to complain to him. The guy told him that we are normally quiet but "that" woman is always loud when she comes visiting and she is getting on his nerves. I manage to control my anger and just forget it.

3am this morning we come home after a night out with pals. The guy next door is on his terrace with his pal. Both drunk and being very loud. I take the dog for a walk and on my way back stop at his terrace wall. Here's what I say " I can't believe you have the cheek to go complaining about us talking at 6pm and look at you two now. You fucking hypocrite. I'm not even complaining about you now but don't you ever complain about me again. In fact don't speak to me or even fucking look at me." I then just walk away and come into my own terrace. He immediately appears at my gate talking incomprehensibly. I just yelled at him to get away ( less politely than that) which he does.

Can you believe some people? Would you have done anything different?

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

<.....>

Better out than in. Hard to see what else you could do. The ability of some people to recoginise in themselves behaviour they whine about in others is an endless source of amusment and occasionally, frustration.

Best of luck....:smile:

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Better out than in. Hard to see what else you could do. The ability of some people to recoginise in themselves behaviour they whine about in others is an endless source of amusment and occasionally, frustration.

Best of luck....:smile:

I should have added that we have all had a bloody good laugh about it too.:wink:

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Noxious asswipes.

Where he lives next door to you the only thing I could suggest is keep a log of these incidents for future use. How long has he been living there and how long ago did this become an issue.

I'm lucky in that my neighbours aren't so inconsiderate. Only a few times have there been considerable noise disturbances. The worst was a drunk cursing out his girlfriend for cheating on him in the building next door. Sadly the police arrived before I had finished filling my water balloons.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
We've lived next door to each other for about 6 months. In the past I've helped him sort out his TV's PC etc etc. His noise is not that bad and never bothers us. We just laugh about it. Yesterday was the first time he has moaned at us.

biguy2738

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
As one of the trustees in our complex, I can completely relate with how you feel...and to top it off, one of my portfolios is to deal with people that constantly break rules. Things have gotten so bad at times where on of the previous tenants that made it a hobby for him and his girlfriend to drink themselves into a coma and then start having a "bar fight" on their premises. When I confronted him, things got so ugly that I received death threats from twit face for a couple of days afterwards.

He rented the place and the owner showed no interest in the tenant. Despite getting a court order, there was no improvement at all and finally instructed our managing agents to apply for an eviction order. About a month later we cracked champagne and had streamers and balloons all over the complex (figuratively speaking, of course).

I guess that the point that I'm trying to make is that just talking about it won't help, though I do acknowledge that it's the hypocrisy more than anything that's grating you. Regardless of where he is just a tenant or an owner within your complex, there are rules to be abided by and I am certain that the Sectional Titles Act (not sure what it's refered to in America) should provide guidelines as to what kind of legal action can be taken.

Point of the matter is (and I'm assuming that you're an owner) it isn't only about the noise or the hypocrisy, your complex sounds pretty upmarket and thus it's not only a place to stay, but an investment as well. If 90% of the complex was occupied by tenants like him, what kind of effect would it have on the property value as well as the marketability of such a complex?

Just some food for thought... I am pretty good at hiding bodies if you'd like some tips!

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Here in Spain the relevant law is called " The law of horizontal division". The president of any complex has huge power to uphold the complex rules so long as those rules are legal. The President can impose fines for rule breaking and often does. Taking the hard line is the only way to keep a complex upmarket and a nice place to live.

Just some food for thought... I am pretty good at hiding bodies if you'd like some tips!

I'll bear that in mind.

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media

We live on residential complex in Tenerife. We have nice terraces to the front with nothing in front spoiling the view to the Atlantic. It's a great complex and very quiet.

The guy who moved in next door has suddenly become a pain. He often has a pal round at night and they sit drinking getting louder and louder until really late. Complex rules are that noise should be minimal after 11.30pm. The people above him him told him to keep it down many times. I've never said a word as it doesn't bother me. It not that loud and because of the climate most of us spent a lot of time outside so I figure there's going to be some noise. I don't care about what other people do.

Yesterday a good pal (who happens to be the wife of our complex President) came round for coffee about 6pm. We were just chatting normally and the guy from next door appears at my gate. He asked us to lower our voices to a normal level. I replied that I never complain about his late night noise which is usually much louder than our chatting and to go away immediately before I got really angry. He leaves straight away. My pal and I just look at each other in amazement.

5 minutes later my phone rings. It's the complex President, my pal's husband, who can barely speak to me for laughing. He explains that the asswipe next door has been to complain to him. The guy told him that we are normally quiet but "that" woman is always loud when she comes visiting and she is getting on his nerves. I manage to control my anger and just forget it.

3am this morning we come home after a night out with pals. The guy next door is on his terrace with his pal. Both drunk and being very loud. I take the dog for a walk and on my way back stop at his terrace wall. Here's what I say " I can't believe you have the cheek to go complaining about us talking at 6pm and look at you two now. You fucking hypocrite. I'm not even complaining about you now but don't you ever complain about me again. In fact don't speak to me or even fucking look at me." I then just walk away and come into my own terrace. He immediately appears at my gate talking incomprehensibly. I just yelled at him to get away ( less politely than that) which he does.

Let me visit you for a week. I'll have the fucker on the run.

I had a neighbor in an upstairs apartment who was a flight attendant. She used to come in at all hours and throw parties whenever she got home. I positively hated getting out of bed at 3AM and going outside, climbing a flight of stairs, and beating on her door until somebody answer and asking them to turn it down. Complaining to the resident manager did little good, because I hadn't the heart to awaken her to show her what was going on.

So...

On one of my days off I heard until I knew noisy neighbor was home, and then put my speakers on the top shelf and aimed them at the ceiling. I calculated that she had been asleep since about 4AM and should be deep in her dreams. I put on "Won't Get Fooled Again" and turned up the stereo until the phono cartridge was starting to feed back. I lowered the needle to the record, and played 45 seconds of the record. I did this twice more before leaving for work that morning, and continued to do it at off intervals when I knew she was asleep. I especially enjoyed doing it when she was about 6.5 hours into her rest, because it meant she usually wouldn't be able to get back to sleep that day.

I did other things to her, but her nerves ultimately wore out and she moved away. I would love to make a house call to Tenerife. :saevil: :saevilw: :saevilw: :saevilw:

B_Cocktale

Just Browsing
Media
Indeed... noisy neighbors with no sense of thoughtfulness.

They're the bain of my existence. I hear everything you write DaveyR yet my predicament is other people's kiddies and their endless shrieking at fever pitch.

Had I wanted some myself I'd have had a litter. I didn't so I didn't.

KEEP YOUR CHILDREN AWAY!