Can you date someone using drugs

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Island Club Guy CT, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Island Club Guy CT

Island Club Guy CT New Member

Albums:
    I am starting to get very close with a guy but he uses drugs, is it possible to have a healthy and lasting relationship with someone on drugs or should i just forget about it, You advice and experiences welcome.

2. MrGoodDate

Gold Member

You know the answer to that one already. Illegal, mind altering drugs, definately not.

3. mtdew123

mtdew123 New Member

Really depends on what drugs and the extent of his use. Are we talking a little weed now and then or heroin addiction - or something in between? If it's not a daily thing and he doesn't get out of control under the influence or spend too much money on the drugs then I'd just see if it is something you can live with.

4. Wish-4-8

Gold Member

At some point, he will love the drugs more than you.

5. invisibleman

Gold Member

Anything is possible. If you aren't happy with him because he does drugs...you shouldn't be with him. You have to decide that for yourself.
    Is he good to you? Does his drug activity affect you?

6. OCMuscleJock

Gold Member

Albums:
    not a good idea... just sayin'

7. powdersnow

powdersnow New Member

like he said , anything is possible.
    he even could quit using it
    but if it gets worst at some point then you will be effected by it too :/

8. D_Passmoore Fearsomgas

i dont do them so i wouldnt date someone that did.

9. Principessa

Gold Member

:no: NO! :no:
    :angryfire2: HELL NO! :angryfire2:

What are you 19? Cause that's how old I was when I thought I could date an alcoholic pothead successfully and possibly even change him. :rolleyes:

I can't even date a man who chain smokes because I'm asthmatic.

Why on earth would you put yourself in the position to be guilty by association? He's never gonna like you as much as the drug(s) he does. Move on, he's a loser and you do not need that kind of drama in your life. :no:

10. invisibleman

Gold Member

Anything is possible because I don't know the guy and the entire situation. He may have to leave him as an act of love too. If his partner's drug use affects him.

The guy has to decide for himself...does he want to stay with his lover on drugs? Should he leave? He has to do some thinking about that considering himself.

11. Island Club Guy CT

Albums:
    He uses crystal meth , He uses it like 3 times a day. He keeps saying he wants to quite and become normal. I don't use drug myself and will never touch the stuff. However i am in love with this guy and really want to try , Is their any Good / lasting dating experiences out their.

12. Principessa

Gold Member

Clearly you don't know any drug addicts. Their drug use ALWAYS ends up affecting you. They may not mean to, but it does. There just isn't a way around it. :no:

13. Principessa

Gold Member

Oh you stupid child, :frown1: run, run NOW! There are no happy endings involving crystal meth. :no: It is one of the most horribly addictive drugs out there. I think it's second to heroin and tobacco. :frown1:

You haven't mentioned anything about him loving you back. If he is doing meth 3 times a day, he LOVES crystal Meth, NOT you. :frown1: The best thing you could do is check him into a month long rehab and find him a good dentist. 'Meth Mouth' ain't pretty and it's sure to be a problem soon, if it isn't already.

More importantly, the man you think you love is not the real him. You are in love with a meth addict. Once he stops and finds a new normal, you may not find him so attractive.

14. D_Relentless Original

Albums:
    No. Been there and escaped to tell the tale. Took me 5 years to work through and leave, tried every support mechanism going to no avail, looking back it was hell and my life lost 5 years with anxiety and worry. Although i am a supportive partner, sometimes you have to support yourself first, mentally and physically.

15. crossy

Gold Member

I classify drug addicts, gamblers, smokers, drinkers all with the same broad brush even if they have very large cocks.
    I still have no compassion for these folks.
    I personally don't know any drug addicts.
    I share the counsel of Principessa.

16. Island Club Guy CT

Albums:
    I am not stupid , thats why i am hear to get advice , if their is a 1% chance of success i would like the advice and try it as well. Deep down he really wants to stop but obvously the drug is overpowering him. He is a good person. I personaly don't think he would ever consider Rehab as he runs a business and could not just leave for months. I really do hope i will get great advice from you all around the Globe.

17. BigDallasDick8x6

Gold Member

Albums:
    No I can't date someone on drugs. Depending on the drug, I can fuck them though.

Let me tell you two crystal meth stories I know --

A guy was kissing another guy at a circuit party and suddenly felt rocks in his mouth. Rocks?? He spit them out and it was the other guy's teeth!! Several of them fell out when they were kissing and wound up in his mouth. Gross. Apparently LT meth use does that.

I and my BF at the time once brought a guy home for a 3 way. I'm an antique collector and he pointed to a piece and said he used to have something similar that his grandmother gave to him. USED to have his GM's expensive antique?? What happened? Said when he was out of town his BF who was on meth sold it for drug money. I would have come unglued and the only drugs he would have needed from that day forward would have been painkillers.

18. BigDallasDick8x6

Gold Member

Albums:
    So let him quit the drug first, THEN start dating him.

There is NO WAY to have a future with an addict (of any kind).

19. D_Relentless Original

Albums:
    Hi Island, basically, people can only give you advice of their own experiences, mine was horrendous, although people warned me, distanced themselves etc, the choice was with me, like i said it took me 5 years and alot of support, financially and mentally was wasted, i gave up, my own life was passing me by and i have a duty to myself also.
    Wish you luck, but remember to look after you too.:smile:

20. Jojo51623

Jojo51623 Member

No, I would never date anyone that uses drugs. I don't care how hot she is. It's a total turn off for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted