Can you do any impersonations?

Cicero77

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Okay, I have a theory that people who can do really good impressions of someone (when they totally nail someone's voice) must have quite a good musical ear.

This is just based on people around me. I can do quite a few pretty good voices including:-

- Mr Bean (oh yeah, that gets all the hotties flocking to me... :eyes: )
- Al Pacino in Scent Of A Women (I can only do the 'Ahoo-waah' bit though)
- Inspector Clouseau (Peter Sellers version natch)
- Kenneth Williams (the nasal Brit from the Carry On movies)

So...who can you all do and do you have an ear for music too? :)

Ian.

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
oh, sure. some are easier than others, obviously, but I can do pretty much any impersonation with a little observation and practise. I used to do that a lot when I lived in new york, but I don't really bother anymore (probably cos there ain't any amusing people to impersonate around here :( )

B_HappyHammer1977

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Bit of a party peice for me...I'm no Rory Bremner, but you name 'em I can do a half decent impersonation.
Gimme a name and I'll do it!

'ello my name is Michael Caine, not alot of people know that!

-See, uncanny!

:shrug: :dunce: :shrug:

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I can do the most famous - they have distinctive voices, inflections and mannerisms that are easy to caricature.

Most of today's TV & "Movie" stars though are pretty bland and very hard to imitate. (Ever see anybody do Ben Affleck or Noah Wylie?)

You are right, Cicero - it takes a good ear to catch the right sound and to be able to imitate it.

ONe of my all-time favorite mimics was Vaughn Meader - he did John F. Kennedy better than Kennedy could do himself.

But the best ever had to be Frank Gorshin.

orionsword57:
Originally posted by Cicero77@Oct 10 2005, 10:48 AM
Okay, I have a theory that people who can do really good impressions of someone (when they totally nail someone's voice) must have quite a good musical ear.
[post=350342]Quoted post[/post]​

I (still) have a better than average musical ear and I've mimicked acquaintenances over the years, ie.. once called up a girl in high school and pretended to be a friend of mine who didn't have the courage to ask her out (she accepted the date), etc... I have a female friend who claims that I "do her husband (Ted) better than Ted does himself". Stupid trick, but it's been good for a few laughs.

Cicero77

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hey, that's a cool trick orionsword57 hehe (sorry, i don't know your name).

Frank Gorshin eh Pecker? I shall look out for him if I ever see any old US TV shows. Was he from a long time ago?

It's true that there are many celebs these days that are quite 'ordinary' and so have little to latch onto when mimicking them.

It's good to hear that my theory stands though - although I don't have a strong voice I can sing in tune pretty well and my piano playing (although very basic at the moment) has a certain charm to it if I do say so myself hehe!

Cheers guys,
Ian.

absinthium

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
For some reason I can only do impersonations of tertiary characters from cartoons. Probably because I watch waaaaay too many of them. For instance, for a while I was pretty damn good at the Mayor from the Powerpuff Girls. There are other examples, but they escape me at the moment.

I've been told I can do Kate Hepburn fairly well. Oh, and I can do a mean impression of a friend of mine from Germany. She had the most amazing voice.

I guess I have a pretty good ear for music... Regardless, I agree with your theory.

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
I can do:

Bill Clinton

John Grisham

THE VOICE (the man's voice you NORMALLY hear when movies are being advertised on T.V)

Elmer Fud and Foghorn Leghorn

And some of my family members and friends, whose names are pointless to even mention as you most likely do not know them.

Cicero77

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Darn, I wish lpsg had sound so we could hear em all hehe!

Not sure what a furby sounds like, Axex (that's the ickle furry toy with the big eyes n beak right?).

Foghorn leghorn - yeah! I can do him a little but my voice isn't deep enough to nail it.

I thought of another i can do pretty well - Droopy! I love his little cameo as the lift attendant in Who Framed Roger Rabbit ("Have a good day, Sir"). Sorry, I went off on one there didn't I hehe ;)

Ian.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I'm such a good impressionist, I can do it in writing:

Be vewy vewy quiet. I'm hunting wabbits. Hehheheheheheh!

Who's on first?
Yes!

Lovely gown, Scarlett.
Oh, it's just something I saw in the window!

I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

You might be a cunning linguist but I'm a master debater.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.

You might have seen a housefly, maybe even a superfly, but I bet you ain't never seen a donkey fly!

I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way!

He's a nig...*BONG!!*

What happened? Did somebody step on a duck?

Hasta la vista, baby! :hi:

yaoifun

Just Browsing
Media
I know exactly how that is Julianna...I can do some cartoon character voices (I used to be better, but my voice is going crappy lately) probably because that's what I usually watch on TV... before my voice changed I could do Sailor Moon's voice perfectly...yes I AM a guy! (HOW I started doing that is a long story, but it's quite humorous to me at least.) That's not the limit to it though, I can do more, I'm just too lazy to list them :p I've been told by many people that I should consider being a voice actor, but I'm not so sure that is what I want to do.

Also, just on a funny note, I can still do Ms. Swan from MADTV. I know, most annoying voice ever, but oh well, that's just life! Annoying voices are just more fun to do sometimes.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm not a very gifted impressionist. I do a passable Elmer Fudd, but not as good at it as my ex. The only other voice I do, and only in a comical context, is Eartha Kitt. And no ... I am not a drag queen!

dlcs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by Cicero77@Oct 10 2005, 12:48 PM
This is just based on people around me. I can do quite a few pretty good voices including:-

- Kenneth Williams (the nasal Brit from the Carry On movies)

Ian.
[post=350342]Quoted post[/post]​
If you can do a Kenneth Williams voice half as well as Chris Barrie, I'll fly to England and do your laundry for a month.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper@Oct 13 2005, 01:01 AM
I'm not a very gifted impressionist. I do a passable Elmer Fudd, but not as good at it as my ex. The only other voice I do, and only in a comical context, is Eartha Kitt. And no ... I am not a drag queen!
[post=351095]Quoted post[/post]​

Eartha, I can imagine, Jacinto. But Elmer?...

"I got ju wabbit right here!"

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i've seen people's jaws drop when they hear me talk like ross perot.

"ah don't haive a free reserved parkin place at nayshunull erport. whah should mah servants?"