Can you ever be friends with your ex?

HorsemanUK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Its best not to be freinds with a ex it makes moving on much easier. If they are always in your sight its going to make you think, remember and wonder. Its better to make a clean break and not to see them at all anymore.

bastige

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I am friends with one ex. Or maybe two. I am usually the one to leave the relationship and it seems that this leads to my ex-gfs turning into Bunny Boilers and trying to slander me to anyone who will listen. Not sure why, but it's a theme. I think that I am brutally honest and that only goes down well when it's good news.

Infernal

Superior Member
Media
Phoenix, Arizona, United States of America
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
For me it depends on why we broke up. One relationship just faded away, but the romance was replaced by a deep friendship. It really fucked me up when he died a few years ago. Another we split on good terms and then I found out he had knocked up the married woman who lived next door to him. All I could do was laugh every time I saw him. Another was emotionally abusive and fucked me over financially. I haven't seen or spoken to him since I threw him out the door.

I've become very good friends with one of my exes. We see each other regularly and agree that we're much better friends than lovers. She has a boyfriend who knows we used to date, but there's never been anything awkward.

So yes, I think you can be friends with your ex, but it depends on many factors.