Can you pinpoint the moment you fell in love with someone?

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It has with me before, and the feeling never went away for that person, although it wasn't meant to be. And it was defnately love, not just lust. It is very rare, I think, but does happen.

D_Asston Kutcher

Account Disabled
Media
I don't tend to care for many people. Too narcissistic and untrusting I suppose. But when I do, it's deeply and for a lifetime.

The exact moment I realize I've fallen?
Usually a month after I've completely lost them.

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
There was this one time in band.... (American Pie)

But yes, it was a band trip and I was in a swimming pool playing chicken with friends... My (now) husband was standing on the balcony watching us play. There was a moment when he caught my eye and something jolted inside of me. I will never forget that expression! I waved to him to come join us and he waved me off. Next thing I new I was under water and forever in love with that strange boy who wouldn't come swimming.....

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
1h 34m after i met my ex-girlie.
met her at a gallery party.
was hooked for life by the time we killed off a bottle of wine.
we were an us for about three years.
she's still one of my closest friends.

the boy.. he was an oddity.
he was my best friend for years.
then we started spending almost all our time together.
had the first indication of love about one week before i got slammed by it.
it was a very "oh, fuck.. NOOO. damn it! i'm in love"

even if you don't fall in love with someone at first glance, has always seemed to be a moment when everything sorta falls just right. like a second of revelation, between breaths "i love you".... just takes some folks longer to get there.

D_Sam Rockswell

Experimental Member
Media
Was over my then girlfriends house. We were just relaxing and watching tv. I had already knew i liked her, she was one of thee funniest people i've met in my life. Could make me laugh at the drop of a dime. Don't get me started on the facial expressions lol. She was just as lively with her mannerisms as i am. The sexy level was already peaked because of the way she moved and told me exactly what she wanted when she wanted it.

The kicker though was when a campaign commercial came on. We got to talking about certain issues that lead to certain others issues and she would one up me every time with new information i hadn't though of. Was like brain pong on acid laced with speed.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
this woman I met online...

First writing, then over the phone... the most comfortable conversations I had ever had with another human being... just a perfect vibe... and all the good discoveries... similar artistic sensibilities, political perspectives, life arcs, and spiritual insights...
and laughter.... so much easy, effortless laughter.

It just felt like I understood her, perfectly... and she, me.

Then we finally met IRL...

I walked up to her, put my arms around her, and she just was perfect.
Her size, her scent, her smile, her eyes...

At that moment, I knew. Totally around the bend and gone, crazy for her.

From there everything just fell into alignment.
First kiss... of course it was spectacular
First intimacy... of course it was mind bendingly good

So, yeah... I know the moment, on the phone, when I first felt like I was falling... I told her...

And yeah, with that first embrace, I just let go...

Its been over a year and a half now, and I am falling still

bigbulgelicker45

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
When my best friend at the time introduced me to my ex, he shook my hand and we both knew. I tried to shrug it off since I had a mad crush on someone else but whenever we were at the bar he'd follow me around like a little lost puppy.

Years went by and one night one of my former co workers and I went out and we ran into him (those two had dated) and when he saw me he lit up like a Christmas tree and I did the whole "I'm not interested" thing. We kept "running" into each other and one night I was on a date and he did look kind of hurt. A few weeks later (on Thanksgiving Eve) he had been drinking all day and when I went up to the bar he was smashed and started saying I didn't care for him etc.

Since we're not together anymore I try not to think of him and I'm almost 99.9% sure he and his "current love" still frequent the bar around the corner from me. Or at least he does.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've noticed it right away; it's like a line in the sand that you've suddenly passed and you feel completely differently about someone. You suddenly need him/her in your life with an urgency that can feel chemical.

Captain Elephant

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hell yeah! I remember it like it just happened.

I was playing a gig at home in Atlanta, which in itself was unusual because we rarely played locally. I think it was the third number when I saw her in the crowd. Seriously, I couldn't focus on anyone else but her. Of course she had long blonde hair that shined like a beacon and wearing a red shirt that drew my eyes like a magnet. She had a look on her face that no one else in the place had. I found out later she was thinking the same thing about me.

At the time I had been a professional musician for over 10 years, and nothing like that had ever happened to me before. I had to meet this woman, but it was going to be virtually impossible unless there was a way I could get a message to her. That was sort of impossible to without being blatant about it. Yeah, I could talk to the stage manager and point in her direction (No, that one over there. Not her! Her!).

I took a chance during sets and broke the fourth wall and went to introduce myself. Yes, it was weird going out like that, but this was a terribly strong attraction. I honestly had nothing planned to say and all of a sudden I felt completely and utterly stupid.

But when she spoke a feeling washed over me telling me that I had to have this woman forever. That's the only way I can explain it. She made me feel like the most important person in the place - in her life.

We celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary this year. I'm still playing gigs and she's still beautiful and we're both hopelessly in love.

And I'm not stupid. I know she wants to smother me in my sleep sometimes, but the fact she hasn't done it yet just adds to her charm. (Ow! Stop punching!)

molotovmuffin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The man I'm seeing now was probably the most intense "love at first sight" that I've ever had but it was really more than that. It was like I'd known him forever. It took a few months for us to actually talk but when we did, again it was like we'd been friends/lovers for eons. It was the weirdest sense I've ever had.

I fell in love with my first husband at first sight as well. It was instantaneous and it was like both of us were on fire. My second husband, we started out as friends and I gradually fell in love with him but this new one...I tell ya, he and I have loved many, many lives together.

D_yabbadabbadont

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
We met and played in Europe for 6 days. 6 months later I followed her to the States and we've been together since. The 6 months we were apart I had zero interest in other women. It was like a sledgehammer !!

B_R_I_E_F

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Within 3 months of meeting her at an airport baggage claim I knew I didn't want to be with anyone else.

She lived 3 hours away from me then. I figured she'd be a "weekend thrill" from time to time. We started e-mailing and calling each other daily. Then it was steady dates on alternating weekends to a Wednesday night sleepover because 4 days without seeing her was just too much. I moved in with her and felt so strongly that we were meant for each other it seemed stupid to be away from her just for a job.

Together 9 years married for 7. Still going strong!

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Love takes more than a moment for me. I mean how do you know he doesn't snore in bed in a moment.

I have felt attraction or affinity for a person in a moment but it usually ended up in heartbreak or unrequited love.

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The minute I saw her and she saw me at a party there was an instant connection. We spent the whole night talking and making out in my truck. The kissing was the best I ever experienced and I fell completely in love with her.

shard38

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Sitting around a fire with a couple of friends. We had been working together all day and it all went seamless. Thought to myself: this guy is rapidly becoming a great friend. Then we grilled some burgers, I handed him his plate, our hands touched, eyes met and we both knew something had clicked. Two days later we spent our first night together and although our relationship is really complicated, we still love each other now.

SprinkleMe69

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
It hit me on the way home from work one day. He was getting on my last fucking nerves with a coworker of mine that was tutoring him. I recall telling him to leave my office because he was irritating me (we'd been friends for a few months). He asked why I felt that way. I looked at him, he gave me the biggest beautiful smile ever and I said oh the hell with this I'm going home. Hit me at the stoplight and I laughed all the way home. ;)

thorskol

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was bouncing in a bar in college and had hurt my foot in a rugby match earlier that day, so I just went to the bar to have a beer, not work. I was sitting in a booth by the front door with my back to the rest of the club, just working on a pitcher of beer. A girl came and sat in the booth behind me, we were back to back. I accidentally elbowed her in the head and proceeded to apologize. She told me it was ok, she plays soccer and is used to it. We talked for like 3 hours over the back of the bench, all I ever saw was her face. We both said that we had a "serious attraction" to each other and neither one of us have seen the other standing up. About 4 years later we got married, and we are still to this day.