Can you really call yourself straight if...

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Reese, Aug 13, 2007.

?

Does sexual contact with another male make you bisexual?

1. No, you can still be straight with same-sex oral.

62 vote(s)
    37.8%
  2. Yes, getting a blowjob from a bloke makes you bi-.

86 vote(s)
    52.4%
  3. Yes, but only if you suck him off in return.

16 vote(s)
    9.8%
  1. Reese

Reese New Member

Can a guy really call himself straight if he enjoys the occasional handjob or blowjob from another male? To mind mind, that would make you at least a bit bisexual!

Case in point: The wife & I are avid swingers and often invite single males, females & couples to share our bed. While many of the guys we meet describe themselves as "100% straight", they certainly don't seem to mind me sucking them off whilst they bury their faces in the wife's cleavage.

Granted, "couples" situations like that might be a bit different because there's a woman involved but, seeing as I'm not averse to the odd cock in my mouth every now and again, I've always personally described myself as bi-.

So my question is thus: Does enjoying the oral attentions of another male automatically make you bisexual? Or can you still legitimately consider yourself to be straight?? And what if you reciprocate?!

2. arliss

Gold Member

Albums:
    straight as defined by LPSG takes on a whole new meaning....

3. needthesupport

needthesupport New Member

Agreed.

But more importantly, why the need to label? It drives me nuts.

4. Fire Agate

Fire Agate New Member

i agree labels are stupid, why care what someone else thinks? i'd get a bj or hj from another dude, and i dont consider myself ghey:cool:

5. Reese

Reese New Member

I not terribly fond of labels either, but some of the swingers' sites from which we gather potential partners include sexuality as a required field in the member profiles, and most of the blokes thereon - whether single or part of a couple - tend to choose "Straight".

6. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Reese, those "100% straight guys who enjoy sex with other guys" are the reason I wrote my current sig line.

Of course, if they are self-loathing and won't even call themselves "bisexual", then they are going to rationalize whatever they need to in order to avoid admitting their true sexuality. They re-define what "having sex" is. One of the most common rationalizations is "if another guy sucks my cock, and I just lie back and enjoy it, I'm not having sex." That's kinda stupid, though. By that reasoning, if Jim sucks Joe's cock, Jim is having sex with Joe, but Joe is not having sex with Jim. I suppose you could even extend that reasoning to "he stuck his cock in my ass, but since I wasn't moving, we weren't having sex."

7. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    I think labels are ridiculous and selfdefeating but I really don't think getting a hj or bj from another guy makes you gay.

8. B_cyrus

B_cyrus New Member

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it is this thread still the fail?

9. earllogjam

Gold Member

Getting a blowjob from a guy means you like your dick sucked period. It means you are sexual, your equipment works and gives you physical pleasure.

I'm not sure why you need to label yourself gay, when you are like most men who enjoy the sensation of a blowjob.

10. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

So, it's ridiculous and self-defeating for me to call myself 100% gay? I don't really think so, or I wouldn't describe myself that way. And just curious - do you consider a handjob or a blowjob to be sex?

11. Eva

Eva New Member

I feel like it should be called "emotional orientation" over "sexual orientation." You can have sex with anyone really. I mean, close your eyes and anyone is cute/male/female/alien/whatever.

I can't personally fall in love with a woman; I need the polarity of the MF dynamic. But I like to sex 'em up. I don't really consider myself bi because I don't form emotional, sexual relationships with women. I just fuck 'em.

Labels schmabels.

12. gjorg

Gold Member

People don't want to be called gay because they think that makes them a limp wristed,S dropping,hip swinging,pink loving,FABULOUS person etc...
    The word gay came around at stonewall when cops were arresting drag queens and NYC post reporters called the tv's some name and he/she shot back "thats not who we are". The reporter's asked , well if not then what should we call you,and the tv's said were just happy fun people you know happy fun gay people. Of course the POST ran wild with the word "GAY".
    I have said it before, the NEXT BIG THING will be understanding human sexuality. Just 2 decades ago men did not discuss Jerking off, even denying it. Now look , Its joked about on the simpsons.If more regular men would come out we could start to make a change.

13. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Well, I guess that's true if you are bisexual, Eva. I am in love with, and emotionally bonded to, my partner. If I were to have a sexual tryst with another person, though, it would have to be with a man. I'm not sure I could even get enough of an erection to have sex with a woman. I'm not "grossed out," I'm just not attracted. I've always figured that's how it is for a truly 100% straight man... and I've known quite a few.

And as for the "labels, schmabels..." :biggrin1: I don't define myself by the label, I define the label by who I am. Labels are not useless. "I'm flattered, Amy, but not interested. I'm gay." is actually a rather useful type of phrase.

14. dreamer20

Gold Member

Hello Reese!:wavey:

Yes, he can.:rolleyes:

15. B_Monster

B_Monster New Member

heres a label for you, your sexier than socks on a rooster

16. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

I can call myself a fried green tomato, but that doesn't mean I am a fried green tomato, right?

17. fortiesfun

Gold Member

I'm not gay. I just like to get laid by men who are.

18. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

No no no... why is this question dissected so much. Chalk it up to curiosity and figuring things out.

19. D_Harry_Crax

D_Harry_Crax Account Disabled

A blowjob is sex. A handjob is just exercise.

20. Eva

Eva New Member

Totally disagree. If I don't have to remove a stitch of clothing, I'm certainly not adding a notch to my lipstick case.

Draft saved Draft deleted