Can you really call yourself straight if...

Does sexual contact with another male make you bisexual?

• No, you can still be straight with same-sex oral.

Votes: 62 37.8%
  • Yes, getting a blowjob from a bloke makes you bi-.

Votes: 86 52.4%
  • Yes, but only if you suck him off in return.

Votes: 16 9.8%

• Total voters

dreamer20

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
No, you can still be straight with same-sex oral.
Yes, getting a blowjob from a bloke makes you bi-.
Yes, but only if you suck him off in return.

Aha! So I only have to tie someone up and blow him to "turn him bi!":tongue:

http://www.lpsg.org/members/someone.html

sdg475

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I don't think an experience can "make you gay." It sounds more like desperation or horniness is the real culprit. In saying this I'm assuming that the reciever of the bj or hj is not ordinarily turned on by the same sex, and shows no attraction to another man.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Can anyone tell me - for a sexually active person, what other category is there besides
(1) Has sex exclusively with the same gender,
(2) has sex exclusively with the other gender, or
(3) has sex with either gender?

I'm not talking about falling in love, or getting married, or being emotionally involved... just the sex.
Alright, so thanks for your answer, rob_just_rob, but I'm going to ask this again!

Can anyone tell me - for a sexually active person, what other category is there besides
(1) Has sex exclusively with the same gender,
(2) has sex exclusively with the other gender, or
(3) has sex with either gender?

To answer your question, no.
LOL it wasn't a "yes or no" question, but your answer is easily understood.

SlimGuySB

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No, you can still be straight with same-sex oral.
Yes, getting a blowjob from a bloke makes you bi-.
Yes, but only if you suck him off in return.

Aha! So I only have to tie someone up and blow him to "turn him bi!":tongue:

http://www.lpsg.org/members/someone.html

<sigh> if we add the word consensual in there would it make you happy? Of course a forced sex act wouldn't count. This bizzare distinction between giving and receiving for oral/manual makes no sense. If you willingly engage in sex acts with a member of the same sex that you aren't straight! It isn't a bad thing! Call yourself curious, call yourself versatile, open minded, sexually evolved or whatever you like! But you aren't straight.

Of course, the real question is still 'who gives a stuff?'

D_MarquisDeSodOff

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think a guy getting anything from another guy means you are homo- or bi-sexual. But, if you only ever have feelings for girls that you are hetero-romantic. There really are two different sides of this, at least for me. But, then again who wouldn't like someone sucking their dick as long as they are doing a good job? The sexual orientation you choose to label yourself as, I think, actually is your romantic orientation.

marko88

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
i dont really see what the big deal is bout "lables" its like sum1 bein black, or white! it doesnt matter what the name is, all that matters is how u feel inurself, an that ur not treated differently by it! by defenition

staight ppl have sex with only the oppisite gender

gay ppl have sex with the same gender

an bisexual ppl have sex with both!

so i guess that makes you bisexual! nothin wrong with that, doesnt change who you are inside, but your bi guy!

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
:confused: It was phrased as a "yes or no" question.

("Can anyone tell me..." is the beginning to a binary question. Anyone either can or cannot tell you.)
That tricky little appositive phrase made it less clear...

but yes, you are technically correct... and you notice that still, so far, you are the only one who dared answer.

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
I like to think of sexuality in "fluid" terms. When discussing sexuality, if a person has a tendency to do one thing, as opposed to something, very rarely will that cause me to apply one, hard-and-fast label to their orientation. (For instance, if a heterosexual man likes to receive oral sex from another man, that doesn't automatically make him "gay" or "bisexual", in my opinion -- yet, he could turn out to be one of these orientations, possibly.)

Be that as it may, if there is a person that likes to engage in some sort of sexual interaction with a member of the same sex, I have a difficult time believing that person is 100% straight.

D_Ball Walker

Just Browsing
Media
Can a guy really call himself straight if he enjoys the occasional handjob or blowjob from another male? To mind mind, that would make you at least a bit bisexual!

Case in point: The wife & I are avid swingers and often invite single males, females & couples to share our bed. While many of the guys we meet describe themselves as "100% straight", they certainly don't seem to mind me sucking them off whilst they bury their faces in the wife's cleavage.

Granted, "couples" situations like that might be a bit different because there's a woman involved but, seeing as I'm not averse to the odd cock in my mouth every now and again, I've always personally described myself as bi-.

So my question is thus: Does enjoying the oral attentions of another male automatically make you bisexual? Or can you still legitimately consider yourself to be straight?? And what if you reciprocate?!

1. my answer is yes a bit bi if the guy gets his blow job from a man or a woman on a repeat basis
2. couples already know what's up when they join the scene that they might have to be intimate with a man during the threesome or foursome. but some guys are bi and never will say that they are bi but their actions, in my humble opinion, says that they are bi
3. if you do it once it's experimenting, if you do it again and again and again then one should consider themselve bi. if you reciprocate once then the guy is experimenting. if they kept doing it then to me they are bi.

D_Iskepee_Longwoodee

Sexy Member
Media
"I'm not bisexual, I just like sex with both men and women."

It's just a theory I have, but I'm guessing that men who have sex with other men, but claim to be "straight," are insecure, and think that being gay or bisexual makes them "less of a man." Yet another discreet form of homophobia.

They are insecure to admit to being anything other than "straight"!

As long as you think of gay/bi as "other," then you can rationalize that you are neither because you are not different no matter what you do. That seems silly, but even sex researchers have trouble figuring out how to classify men in prison, boys in private schools ("public" for Brits), Military dudes, etc. They are having sex with each other, but allegedly only because there are no women available. I'm not defending it, but just noting that even at very academic levels the whole idea of non-conforming sex practices get tricky.

This is still bisexual or gay...

It certainly makes you more than a little curious!

Absolutely!

<sigh> No, of course "getting a hj or bj doesn't mean a guy is gay." It means he's getting a hj or a bj. I'm just saying that a straight guy doesn't have sex with men, and a gay man doesn't have sex with women. The men who have sex with both is known as "bisexual."

Can anyone tell me - for a sexually active person, what other category is there besides (1) Has sex exclusively with the same gender, (2) has sex exclusively with the other gender, or (3) has sex with either gender?

I'm not talking about falling in love, or getting married, or being emotionally involved... just the sex.

He is bisexual if he has sex in anyway with another man...and only if he is able to be have sex with female as well!

Sorry, I should have made it clearer that I was responding to the whole thread, rather than just you. I was quoting you because you triggered the thought, but I can see how that reads as a direct response.

WE all have had amazing encounters with the miraculously virginal. I've known guys who assumed because they were topping they were still str8. I've even known men who assumed, since they were just lying there, that while bottoming they were not giving up their het status.

I think there are legitimate conceptual oddities about the way our society treats sex, but I also think there are the self-delusional.

I call BS! They just don't wish to admit to anything less than the minority "straight" label. Not many people, males nor females, fall into that category on the spectrum. Most people are bisexual from birth.

do ANYTHING with another guy and your gay

or bisexual...

I think a guy getting anything from another guy means you are homo- or bi-sexual. But, if you only ever have feelings for girls that you are hetero-romantic. There really are two different sides of this, at least for me. But, then again who wouldn't like someone sucking their dick as long as they are doing a good job? The sexual orientation you choose to label yourself as, I think, actually is your romantic orientation.

Your either bisexual or gay, if these are the circumstances...

1. my answer is yes a bit bi if the guy gets his blow job from a man or a woman on a repeat basis
2. couples already know what's up when they join the scene that they might have to be intimate with a man during the threesome or foursome. but some guys are bi and never will say that they are bi but their actions, in my humble opinion, says that they are bi
3. if you do it once it's experimenting, if you do it again and again and again then one should consider themselve bi. if you reciprocate once then the guy is experimenting. if they kept doing it then to me they are bi.

Experimenting only is classified as a one time encounter..after that, your bisexual or gay.

SoFla8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Romantically I'm straight.
Sexually i'm Bisexual.

I could only really love a woman, but I love to suck cock.

dudepiston

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Sure, there's another one... "autosexual." Autosexuals have sex with themselves only.

Chiming in with the discussion, though, I do think people have in intrinsic need to be labeled. We need to be able to define ourselves and there are times, as has been pointed out, when it's necessary to do so.

In fact, a major problem here may be that we don't label effectively ENOUGH. It is, as doc described, too nebulous & hard to discern.

Imagine living in a Utopia where perhaps people would go from the time that puberty begins to around the age of 25 being labeled "sexual." That is, their behavior isn't allowed by society to define them. At 25, they can choose a label for themselves. It'd all be nice & orderly....gay, bi, straight, gay/bi, bi/gay, straight/straight, who knows, I'm just making this up. There could also be another label...'fluid.' That would be the label one takes when one feels his or her sexuality is changing, possibly moving from one gender to another, or moving inward, toward themselves (autosexuality.)

At that point, you'd go to the sexuality board & apply for a license, and then you'd....wait...that's maybe carrying it a bit too far. :rolleyes:

Anyway, in my opinion, it's more important what you're sexually *attracted* to than your actual, real-life sexual behavior and that really it should only be YOU that is allowed to make this distinction, and wear the label of your choosing.

-dP

I don't agree with the blatant generalization that labels are stupid. It's important to be able to self identify. Not having an identity is a huge problem. Case in point, people of mixed ethnic background. Some don't know if they're one or the other. At least in the example of race/ethnicity, one can easily be both. However, with regard to sexuality, you're either gay, str8 or bi. I really don't see what other choice there is.

As far as I can see, homophobia/shame is the only reason someone would be afraid to just be gay or at least admit to whatever "label" confirms your attraction for the same-sex. BJs and HJs are sex. Sorry, guys. Regardless of how horny I am, I can't keep it up for a woman, anybody I think is too old or out of shape, or whatever. It just doesn't work like that. So there has to be some sexual attraction somewhere.

hindupridemn

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
That depends on what culture you are in. I call myself "Indian straight" because for an Indian I am straight even though I have sexual contact with other guys. But in the American context, I call myself bi. Part of why I prefer to call myself straight is because I have no romantic feelings for guys though, It's all sex.