Can you smell pics and vids?

arrivaderciroma

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Hi all. I know this sounds crazy but sometimes a pic or vid will give my nose a powerful smell and it tells me if i'm attracted to or turned on by someone. The most powerful scents are mostly stinky ones and when it happens I can't look at that persons pics anymore.

Does this ever happen to any of you?

burns1de

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hi all. I know this sounds crazy but sometimes a pic or vid will give my nose a powerful smell and it tells me if i'm attracted to or turned on by someone. The most powerful scents are mostly stinky ones and when it happens I can't look at that persons pics anymore.

Does this ever happen to any of you?

You're right...

...it DOES sound crazy.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You might have a very interesting condition called Synethesia, where stimulus of one sensory kind leaks over into another sense. People with Synethesia sometimes find that a particular range of numbers invoke particular smells or cause them to recall certain colors.

It is usually a very benign thing and might be a great gift for you if you put it to work.

You might have a very interesting condition called Synethesia, where stimulus of one sensory kind leaks over into another sense. People with Synethesia sometimes find that a particular range of numbers invoke particular smells or cause them to recall certain colors.

It is usually a very benign thing and might be a great gift for you if you put it to work.

Wait wait wait. Is it unusual for numbers to make you recall colors or colors to recall sounds?

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wait wait wait. Is it unusual for numbers to make you recall colors or colors to recall sounds?

Yes, you might say it is unusual. It might be more accureate to say that only some 1 out of 25 people exhibit this as strongly as you imply. The rest of us don't have this kind of reaction to numbers, etc.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, it is

OMG! I saw a show about what y'all are talking about maybe a year or two ago. Fascinating stuff, unfortunately I do not have that ability.

To answer the OP's question, no I do not have such an ability.

Yes, you might say it is unusual. It might be more accureate to say that only some 1 out of 25 people exhibit this as strongly as you imply. The rest of us don't have this kind of reaction to numbers, etc.

Wow. I never thought anything of it. How strange! This explains why I imagine musical chords when I look at Mark Rothko's paintings.

0 = white
1 = black
2 = maroon
3 = pale yellow
4 = chestnut brown
5 = sky blue
6 = butter yellow
7 = steel blue
8 = dried blood brown/red
9 = dove gray

Monday = steel blue
Tuesday = brick red