Canada Appreciation Thread

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Isn't Canada great - I love her more everyday and I thank LPSG for bringing us together again. Brimming with stalwart sons and fair maidens, let's hear it for Canada.

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Glad there is at least one civilised country on the continent we share.

I wish Alaska could secede from US and (while independant nationalise Exxon) join Canada.

I have expressed my admiration in other threads and don't want to be too repetative.

Enjoyed the bit I heard on NPR about the CBC series 'Little Mosque on the Prairie'.

Pumblechook

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Isn't Canada great - I love her more everyday and I thank LPSG for bringing us together again. Brimming with stalwart sons and fair maidens, let's hear it for Canada.

Canada seems sweet. Technically, I've never been there, even though I'm like 45 mins away. If I get fed up enough, I'm coming over ;) ... or to Mexico... whichever works better for me at the time :p

B_spiker067

Experimental Member
Media
I appreciate Canada for the moral counter balance it has afforded the U.S. This country does at least listen to Canada and its opinions.

The best people I've ever met were Canadian (and American) Peace Corps people.

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Altitude (gay snowboard week) at Whistler, and Victoria day. In Vancouver, the best anthropological museum on the west coast, Elizabeth Park Botanical Garden, and pride week at Stanley Park.

Canadians are so polite and considerate, if you are standing on a street corner, drivers stop for you to cross, so you have to go across, even if you didn't intend to. (In US, a driver would never yield to a pedestrian, if you are on foot, you have to run and dodge) On the highway, drivers pull over and let you pass as soon as you come up behind them (maybe they just prefer to have Americans where they can see them).

B_Eben

Just Browsing
Media
So'k enough.

The people seem fairly level-headed compared to their southern neighbours but it's too fucking cold.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
:eek: Canada's a DUDE!

Shut your mouth!

We are all genders represented, have a look at the map.

You'll see the PENInSula of Nova Scotia dangling off to the East, eager for the Atlantic to blow. To the North you can see the magnificently hung Baffin Island suspended in perpetuity above the gaping, wet, yet sadly frigid Hudson Bay. To the West can be seen Victoria Island teasing at Seattle's damp little opening. And finally, to the Southernmost point. The Ontario PENInSula thrusting itself down into America proudly proclaiming, "We're bigger and we're on top, Beyotch!"