Canadian Politics

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Rckcanada, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Rckcanada

Rckcanada Member

Albums:
    Views on Canadian politics? Conservitives, Liberals or the NDP.? Good and Bad?

2. fun21

fun21 New Member

Typically, I've always rooted for the Liberals in the past...but this year I really liked Jack Layton. Now that he has passed away and there are new leaders for the liberals and NDP I'm not really sure, kinda ABC right now (Anything but Conservative). I'd like to be more informed about the politics in Canada, but currently I am voting based on local MP's rather than trying to support one of the big three parties.

3. Rckcanada

Rckcanada Member

Albums:
    I agree fun21. I miss Mr. Layton. I live in.alberta, I have always voted orange. Provincial or federal. I hope federal ndp choice a leader I can get behind.!

4. Crataegus

Crataegus Member

I've always been very much the black sheep in my family (both sides, although as an Albertan, it's not especially surprising), as I'm the only NDP supporter in a whole clan of Tories.

I didn't used to have a major problem with the Tories, but to be quite honest, the thought of Harper at the head of a majority (especially considering he leads it as though we had an American-style head of government) scares me, and it's only worse now that it's a reality.

The only consolation I have at the moment is the fact that he's done almost nothing but decrease in the polls since the election, and it looks like he won't get another majority when 2015 comes around.

5. houtx48

Gold Member

wish i were a politician you would get behind........damn!!!!!

6. Rckcanada

Rckcanada Member

Albums:
    I live in alberta, liberals and ndp are rare here. But I think we need a change.

Draft saved Draft deleted