Canadians: Circumcised or Un?

ballantyne

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Interesting to see reports above that the cut/uncut rate in BC is 50/50. I've been at the local pools a lot this year and have only seen one or two other foreskins - it's a 90%+ circumcision rate here by my observation. Even when I see younger guys, 20s or 30s, all but one have been cut. Could reflect local demographics and trend - I'm in Victoria, where it's very white and often traditional.
What part of BC are you in? I'm in Vancouver (29 yo) and almost all my friends who were born here or on the island are uncut. I'd estimate 70% uncut.

S

SirConcis

It's also a question of "when". Circ in BC stopped at about the same time as in Québec in early 1980s. However, those are "official" statistics which one has to take with grain of salt.

I put a link to an Ontario study that seemed very comprehgensive, comparing circ rates across regions of Ontarion (Kingston being at about 6% and other areas well above 45%.). BUT... there is a "fine print" statement in the text: they only count circumcisions done at hospitals. With hospital stays shorter and shorter, more and more parents get the circ done later, and it is ofetn more convenient (and no cheaper) to go to a circ clinic nearby. And those are not counted.

In Québec, roughly at year 2000, the impact of the uncut generation could start to be seen in locker rooms. At first, it was quite easy since anyone too yount to have chest hair was uncut. Now howvere, the uncut generation spans up to 40 years of age, so there is no longer a clear distinction between the 2 generations.