CancelMyCaed.com

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Personally I think it's time the people start to overthrow the credit card companies. I don't think it's going to happen unless we all band together worldwide. I know it's going to be hard but think we all need to cancel all our credit cards and just try to pay them off.
Recently all my credit cards sent me letters saying my interest rates were going up from 9% to 26-29%. Are they kidding? They are obv taking advantage of new laws that are going into effect.
I think we all as consumers need to band together and CANCEL ALL our credit cards. If we could get a real movement together we could probably make a real statement and make a difference. Esp if we eventually pay them off. WE NEED to dismantle these banks that hold us prey to their rules. We need to liberate ourselves from credit serial killers. Is there anyone else willing to get this started by cancelling their cards and getting a movement started? If enough of us do this, and you post it to your other discussion boards we REALLY can make a difference. If enough Visa/mastercard people cancel and eventually pay off we CAN kill that whole BRAND!

blg3floor3

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Because I was jobless and moneyless for so long, I don't have a card anymore. It wasn't by choice, but after the fucking bullshit they pulled on me, I definitely won't be getting another card. After years of being faithful and flawless, they refused to give me any sort of break, acknowledge my situation, or work with me. They are exactly like mafia thugs; they don't care about you, it's all about "where's my money? do you have my money? where's my money? give me my money OR ELSE". I spent years building up and being proud of my credit, and at the first sign of trouble, they slit my throat. So, fuck them.

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If you really want to stick it to them, you should actually use your credit card to pay for everything and then pay it off on time every time. That's screwing them over far harder than you cutting up all your cards.

Aren't the people who pay off every month and never carry a balance called "deadbeats" by the credit card companies? Because the credit card companies really don't MAKE any money from charging loan shark rates to those people? :biggrin1:

*yes I know the cc companies get a % of each sale but that pales in comparison to the interest rates they charge.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Because I was jobless and moneyless for so long, I don't have a card anymore. It wasn't by choice, but after the fucking bullshit they pulled on me, I definitely won't be getting another card. After years of being faithful and flawless, they refused to give me any sort of break, acknowledge my situation, or work with me. They are exactly like mafia thugs; they don't care about you, it's all about "where's my money? do you have my money? where's my money? give me my money OR ELSE". I spent years building up and being proud of my credit, and at the first sign of trouble, they slit my throat. So, fuck them.

They ARE mafia thugs. And they're gonna do all they can before the laws change (is it in Feb 2010?).

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Aren't the people who pay off every month and never carry a balance called "deadbeats" by the credit card companies? Because the credit card companies really don't MAKE any money from charging loan shark rates to those people? :biggrin1:

*yes I know the cc companies get a % of each sale but that pales in comparison to the interest rates they charge.

Exactly, x704. People who pay off every month are basically taking advantage of the best loan available--not only do they have 0% interest, but they almost always have perks like 1-3% cash back or airline miles. Credit card companis HATE us. :biggrin1:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I have been without a credit card for nearly 8 years and I'm perfectly fine without one. It's taught me how to spend within my own means and how to better manage my own personal finances, yet still get many of the things that I still want.

The more we wean off the credit, the better we all will become financially.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The SAD fact of the matter in the USA at least is that w/o a financial rating in good standing you are nothing to any other institution. The fact that the credit cards raised all my rates overnite has made my ranking sink almost 200 points. At this point if I wanted to buy an apartment or get a loan I'd be S.O.O.L!
We consumers need to fight back somehow and our elected people in government ARE NOT looking out for us on this. We need to take some action NOW and and get a movement going soon and show them what the people can do! Our president is doing nothing about it either,,,in fact he gave them more time to fuck w/us. WE need to do something. NOW

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Exactly, x704. People who pay off every month are basically taking advantage of the best loan available--not only do they have 0% interest, but they almost always have perks like 1-3% cash back or airline miles. Credit card companis HATE us. :biggrin1:

I haven't paid credit card interest in yearrrrrrrrrrs so my rate is irrelevant. Don't even know what my rate is these days but now I'm curious and will look it up on my next statement. Won't change anything though -- I'll still need a credit card to get rental cars on vacation etc. If anything I'd just change banks if my rate is high enough to insult me.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I always pay the fuckers on time. My mum taught us this when we were kids. She'd get letters every month from them telling her "you really don't need to pay off the full balance". She'd just laugh and make some comment about the idiots giving her free money. They tried everything from giving bonus cards, raising the limits, gold cards, platinum cards, but she's never paid a cent of interest since the days of Chargex.

One of the things that is not fair is that people with lower credit ratings have to pay more for credit. I think there ought to be a flat rate across the board.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Two months ago the Turkish government set new limits on credit card interest rates. The maximum is now 4.01% per month. That's 48% per annum. The banks were charging 70% per year in 2005! Apparently, one of the reasons they have enacted this bill is the high suicide rate among card users.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Two months ago the Turkish government set new limits on credit card interest rates. The maximum is now 4.01% per month. That's 48% per annum. The banks were charging 70% per year in 2005! Apparently, one of the reasons they have enacted this bill is the high suicide rate among card users.

I have no doubt that that happens. There's almost nothing emotionally draining as being in debt. Fighting, fighting, fighting and working and workiing to plow your way out and a year later and 7000$ later you're 20$ less in debt.....there outta be a law!

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wish I could do this, but having gone through some tough times I've had to use my credit card for paying rent and utilities, not to mention car repairs and stuff. When I had a steady job I had very low credit card bills, if any.

dude252007

1st Like
Media
Several of my cards canceled and I had balances on them. Now it shows available credit as zero but with my balance which is negative on my credit score because it looks like I am over my limit even though I was not before they canceled it. They also charge me now to make a payment and an monthly fee. Am I mad? Yes. Do I think it is unfair? No, I agreed to the contract. If you signed a contract that someone was going to pay YOU and they did not, you would be mad the contract was not enforced. Contracts must be enforced.