cancer and swallowing sperm

dub702

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hello all. I have recently been diagnosed with non hodgkins lymphoma. My lymph nodes near my groin swoll up to the size of a grapefruit. It was removed 2 weeks ago. And i am starting 6 rounds of chemotherapy 3 weeks apart starting this friday ( treatment is called CHOP ). My question is will the chemo treatment i recieve affect my sperm? And can my lover who loves to swallow my man juice get sick from it ( its basically poison )? Thanks in advance for your replies and comments. Viva LPSG!:biggrin1:

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
Sorry to hear man. But in my opinion, your love can still swallow. Chemo does not make things toxic. It's radiation, it will make you weak, but not toxic.
Good luck. Hodgekins is a hard cancer, good friend had it, but overwon it.
good luck.

sexplease

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Do ask your Oncologist. But you are correct: chemo is poison. It's usually a chemical that stops the growth of fast growing cells (hair, stomach lining and cancer cells[normal cells that don't stop growing])

Much luck and positive vibes for you and yours!

papaya may help your diet if nausea happens.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
With out the risk of stating what others have already said...I am very sorry for what you are going through and wish you a very speedy recovery. One of the things you should talk to your doctor about is fertility. Chemo can effect this so if you have even the slightest notion that you ever want to have children... Freeze some sperm before you start the treatment.

FuzzyKen

Expert Member
Media
The main thing to consider with this is that your own body will be punished a great deal during chemotherapy. I held the hand of a friend after multiple bouts of "NHL" about 15 years ago. This fellow had so many relapses that it was incredible. The good news is that he is doing great and still with us after 7 courses of chemotherapy and finally a stem cell transplant. He has now been cancer free for over 10 years.

Your attitude even when you do not feel well is the most important.

The main thing to consider here is not your own seminal fluid or sperm (other than reproduction which may be a problem after extensive chemotherapy) Your main problem is that chemotherapy will affect your own immune system response. If your sex partner were to have for example either alpha strep or lyseria bacteria, you can end up with NGU as a result of your own immune system being compromised by the chemicals you have injested.

It will depend on the chemotherapy and the agents used on you. These agents can in some cases cause pretty horrific birth defects in children conceived from the sperm of former cancer patients. You may want to consider a vasectomy and or other things as well as a conference with your oncologist on the subject of reproduction if your child siring days are not over.

My blessings and prayers will be with you on your journey.