Candidate VP picks.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Obama/Clinton simply won't work either. American voters will look at it and say amongst themselves, how much will Hillary sabotage the President. President's need VP's that are in their corner. Hillary has gone on record and indicated Obama doesn't have the experience. Try telling your boss that at work and see where your career goes ? Same holds here. And if I'm McCain's group, that's one of the many issues that will be brought up. That the Dem's VP even thinks their Presidential candidate isn't capable of doing the best job.
Its the best chance for the dem's to win. This will happen. They will kiss and make up as many in politics do. Many democrats will vote for McCain this is a given. To not have her even more will. Then again we have to wait and see his choice for VP. Its still early.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

McCain is the only one of the two who will get a choice in running mates.

If Clinton stays in the race to the convention, then it will be up to the guys in the smoky rooms to determine who will run with Obama. That person will likely be a loyal Clinton supporter, if not Clinton herself. Obama won't have much say in the matter because he doesn't have the necessary delegates to make such demands. Clinton can push far harder to have Michigan and Florida brought into the fold and can cause chaos over the fight for superdelegates. The last thing the Dems want is a divisive convention. She will have to be appeased; will demand concessions, appointments, and get them.

This is what happens in a brokered convention and that's what this will be.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
McCain is the only one of the two who will get a choice in running mates.

If Clinton stays in the race to the convention, then it will be up to the guys in the smoky rooms to determine who will run with Obama. That person will likely be a loyal Clinton supporter, if not Clinton herself. Obama won't have much say in the matter because he doesn't have the necessary delegates to make such demands. Clinton can push far harder to have Michigan and Florida brought into the fold and can cause chaos over the fight for superdelegates. The last thing the Dems want is a divisive convention. She will have to be appeased; will demand concessions, appointments, and get them.

This is what happens in a brokered convention and that's what this will be.
Yes this is very true. I think they will have it ironed out before then. If they dont it will be a disaster.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Its the best chance for the dem's to win. This will happen. They will kiss and make up as many in politics do. Many democrats will vote for McCain this is a given. To not have her even more will. Then again we have to wait and see his choice for VP. Its still early.

I really hope not. This race has been too nasty. I think it has gone beyond the kiss and makeup stage. I think Bill Richardson would be a good choice for him as a running mate.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I really hope not. This race has been too nasty. I think it has gone beyond the kiss and makeup stage. I think Bill Richardson would be a good choice for him as a running mate.
Im reading today that there is talk between the two sides of Hillary and Obama. Its still early. We shall see.

Mickactual

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
:rofl:People still talking about VPs for Hillary...that's so cute...
It's even cuter that people are still talking about VP's for Obama. Everybody knows Oprah's been trying to carpetbag herself that appointment since the onset of Obama's campaign.
:shhh:

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What a bunch of poor sports. They aren't dems anyway. Let them vote for McCain... so they can lose TWICE. :p

Even with Clinton as the VP, those 30% are going elsewhere anyway. They didn't vote for Obama because he's not one of them. PA & WVA makes a strong case, it's the blue collar vote, they didn't vote for Obama based on race, Edwards even got votes and he's not even in the race anymore. And when some of these rednecks get to a voting machine in November, it's going to be "black & white" that day too. This election has simply turned into an experiment to see whether race or gender has come farther since the 60's & 70's. And that really pisses me off. And what's even worse, both the Democrats know it and they're pussy footing around it like a lot of voters are too. Poor losers ? That would be too convenient an excuse, but you know what, it's what will be cited as a/the reason. What is so damn hard about admitting that people vote/support what is most associative with them. Hell, you can go and observe that even in Africa, yes, apartheid was what it was, but even in native Africa, lighter and darker skinned blacks war against one another. Africa has it's own ethnic cleansing issues. How can anyone expect America or any other nation to rise above that, to be any different ? I know this post may be inflammatory to some, but let's keep it real amongst ourselves. Hope and change, yeah, I was 20 something too at one stage of my life. That's what Mondale/Ferraro was in the 80's. Sorry for my cynicism, but this world and the reality of it will do that to you over the years. Sooner or later you have to acknowledge it for yourself. Idealism vs reality, idealism loses every time, unless the game is rigged/fixed. I don't fool myself, not any more, and it's high time I stopped acting like I was too stupid to know the difference. Opportunities have gotten better for many, but at the expense of the middle class and below. The reality is, Bush's kids won't be left behind, but many others already have and will be left further behind. That's just the way it is.

D_somebodyswatchingme

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
she's not gettin the nod after what she said earlier

she's a fuckin destructive idiot..basically sayin her campaign isn't over cause "remember Robert Kennedy got killed in June"

that's 1 insensitive bitch and I don't use the bitch word that much but that encapsulates her for sure

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's even cuter that people are still talking about VP's for Obama. Everybody knows Oprah's been trying to carpetbag herself that appointment since the onset of Obama's campaign.
:shhh:

WHy would she want to do that? She has much more power in the position she has created for herself now.

wispandex_bulge

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I beleive in Clinton's ability and competence above all, then McCain, and least of all, Obama.

That being said, I want whats best for Hillary's long term political future. And so I have come to the conclusion that she CANNOT accept a VP bid under Obama.

Heres why:

Best case scenario: Obama wins, and does very well. However, all of the credit will go to Obama and Hillary will be somewhat left out in the cold.

Worst case scenario: Obama wins, and does very poorly. However, the people will not blame Obama alone. Hillary will get a bad rap and be thrown out into the cold.

Middle ground: Obama loses, Dems begin the blame game, in which Hillary would have some very convincing arguments that woudl keep her boat afloat in such stormy seas. Future nominations iffy.

NOBAMA!

Mickactual

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
that's 1 insensitive bitch
Can someone explain to me why the slightest word uttered against Obama is immediately decreed to be racist, but nobody so much as flinches when even the most vulgar sexisms are flung at Hillary? How many sets of rules are we playing by here?

D_somebodyswatchingme

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
umm she just compared stayin in the race to Bobby Kennedy getting killed..like you never know what could happen..during a time where silly racist OR sexist people are coming out in full-force

how is that not an insensitive bitch-move?

Mickactual

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
WHy would she want to do that? She has much more power in the position she has created for herself now.
I dunno. Why did Liz Taylor marry John Warner? Love or an eye on being First Lady?
If there's one thing I've seen to be consistent among most celebrities and politicians, it's that: A) One can never have enough power. B) One can never have enough money.
Oprah just reeks of ulterior ambitions. I found her blatant Obama promotion to be a huge turn off. Apparently a lot of folks did. Her favourability rating dropped from something like 75% to 55% because of it. The main reason it was such a turn off for me was because she was such a huge Clinton supporter from Bill's Presidency right through 'til Obama announced his candidacy. Then all of a sudden it was "Hillary who"?
Of course, there's no bigger carpetbagger than Hillary. ...But then again, who ever decreed that ambition is a bad thing in a politician? I still think she'd have been our best hope.
This was supposed to have been so easy. It was supposed to be Giuliani vs. Hillary, and Hillary was supposed to be elected. I find all the turns this melodrama of a campaign has taken to be fascinating.