Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
umm she just compared stayin in the race to Bobby Kennedy getting killed..like you never know what could happen..during a time where silly racist OR sexist people are coming out in full-forcehow is that not an insensitive bitch-move?
Hillary wasn't comparing her staying in the race to Kennedy's assassination (WTF?). She was comparing the length of her campaign to how long her husband's and Kennedy's each ran. Her "Kennedy was assassinated in June" comment was to establish a time-frame....that Kennedy had ran up to his assassination after the June Calif. primary.
Obama supporters really need to stop taking this out of context, and get the facts correct before jumping on it as another opportunity to Hillary bash!

Can someone explain to me why the slightest word uttered against Obama is immediately decreed to be racist, but nobody so much as flinches when even the most vulgar sexisms are flung at Hillary? How many sets of rules are we playing by here?

In fairness, they both get shit flung at them just like every other politician. How many times has Bush been called an asshole? A douchebag? A motherfucker? The English language just doesn't have a sexist/racist word of comparable offense to what Clinton or Obama are sometimes called.

D_somebodyswatchingme

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hillary wasn't comparing her staying in the race to Kennedy's assassination (WTF?). She was comparing the length of her campaign to how long her husband's and Kennedy's each ran. Her "Kennedy was assassinated in June" comment was to establish a time-frame....that Kennedy had ran up to his assassination after the June Calif. primary.
Obama supporters really need to stop taking this out of context, and get the facts correct before jumping on it as another opportunity to Hillary bash!

Obama has been hit the "assisination" shit twice this week

like that's what needs to be thrown around..so miss me with the bullshit

there's no reason to evoke that kind of imagery when a certain someone been getting threats like that since he announced his bid for presidency

it's crazy people out there;you don't evoke that dumb shit

if the shoe was on the other foot,i'll be bashing Obama straight out

That's a reach. As soon as it was seen that Obama really had a shot at the oval office, people old enough to remember started whispering Bobby Kennedy's name in comparison with an air of foreboding. My mom is a dyed-in-the-good-Republican-wool-coat conservative, but even she is afraid for Obama. It's something people speak about in hushed tones with the caveat of, "God forbid."

The way Hillary said it (I saw the clip) made her sound, at best, as if she was being cold-blooded; at worst, as if she was betting, perhaps even hopeful, for Obama's possible assassination. For the anti-Clinton people out there who buy into the Clinton Death List, the remark was most ominous.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I find it interesting that when it comes down to this Democratic nomination, we're constantly reminded of the ugliness and events that happened in the 60's nearly 40 years ago. Hillary's assassination reference of Kennedy, in my mind she might as well have just said or even added Martin Luther King Jr.'s name. But you know, Chris Rock makes a joke about it, it's funny. Huckabee makes a joke and it's racism, a hate crime almost. Clinton comments on it, she stays within her race, it's offensive because Ted Kennedy has medical problems ? And it doesn't help any to realize that the Kennedy's have pledged their allegiances to her opponent.

And what's even more sad about this, the three of these running, simply don't have a plan to save the middle class. The past decades have been about winners and losers, deregulation and competition breeds that. And during all this, we had the women's movement and racial equality that were the equivalent of leveling the playing field, if that's what you could call it at the very best and in reality it was more like rigging and fixing the game for select "spotted owls" on the endangered species list.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I dunno. Why did Liz Taylor marry John Warner? Love or an eye on being First Lady?
If there's one thing I've seen to be consistent among most celebrities and politicians, it's that: A) One can never have enough power. B) One can never have enough money.
Oprah just reeks of ulterior ambitions. I found her blatant Obama promotion to be a huge turn off. Apparently a lot of folks did. Her favourability rating dropped from something like 75% to 55% because of it. The main reason it was such a turn off for me was because she was such a huge Clinton supporter from Bill's Presidency right through 'til Obama announced his candidacy. Then all of a sudden it was "Hillary who"?
Of course, there's no bigger carpetbagger than Hillary. ...But then again, who ever decreed that ambition is a bad thing in a politician? I still think she'd have been our best hope.
This was supposed to have been so easy. It was supposed to be Giuliani vs. Hillary, and Hillary was supposed to be elected. I find all the turns this melodrama of a campaign has taken to be fascinating.

Mick,

just because she supported Bill does not mean that she would automatically support Hilary.If you remember Obama is the senator from Chicago her base of operation. SHe has been supporting him way before he decided to run for President.

Mickactual

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
As soon as it was seen that Obama really had a shot at the oval office, people old enough to remember started whispering Bobby Kennedy's name in comparison with an air of foreboding.
Obama and Hillary have both received threats. Obama by redneck racists, and Hillary by redneck sexists.
Clearly a lot of voters will be influenced by this come Nov., and it's one of the very unfortunate reasons I fear we'll be suffering another 4 years of Repuglican rule.

Obama and Hillary have both received threats. Obama by redneck racists, and Hillary by redneck sexists.
Clearly a lot of voters will be influenced by this come Nov., and it's one of the very unfortunate reasons I fear we'll be suffering another 4 years of Repuglican rule.

True. It's different with Obama though because there is a sense that someone might just do it for real. The spectres of not just RFK but Malcolm X and MLK haunt Obama in a way that they do not haunt Clinton.

Mickactual

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
True. It's different with Obama though because there is a sense that someone might just do it for real. The spectres of not just RFK but Malcolm X and MLK haunt Obama in a way that they do not haunt Clinton.
Don't fool Yourself my friend. There are a lot of people who do not want to see a woman in the White House. So much for 21st century forward-thinking...

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Don't fool Yourself my friend. There are a lot of people who do not want to see a woman in the White House. So much for 21st century forward-thinking...

Exactly, and that's why somewhere in the back of my mind, McCain has that as an advantage. The thing about McCain detractors, he's older than dirt. So guess he gets AARP discounts and their vote as a bonus. One thing's for sure though, he'll be up at 5 AM everyday watching the weather channel ?

This almost reminds me of the Reagan era & James Watt:

James Watt

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That's a reach. As soon as it was seen that Obama really had a shot at the oval office, people old enough to remember started whispering Bobby Kennedy's name in comparison with an air of foreboding.

I guess it comes with the territory since there are a lot of obamaniacs also comparing him to JFK with respect to his positive attributes. The river runs both ways for ye obama faithful.

For the anti-Clinton people out there who buy into the Clinton Death List, the remark was most ominous.

Yes I thought of that immediately; Hillary put the hit out on him Soprano style. Don't fuck with Billary!

blkpussyboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
At this point Obama badly needs HRC in order to beat McCain....anybody else would send McCain straight to the White House....

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
McCain is the only one of the two who will get a choice in running mates.

If Clinton stays in the race to the convention, then it will be up to the guys in the smoky rooms to determine who will run with Obama. That person will likely be a loyal Clinton supporter, if not Clinton herself. Obama won't have much say in the matter because he doesn't have the necessary delegates to make such demands. Clinton can push far harder to have Michigan and Florida brought into the fold and can cause chaos over the fight for superdelegates. The last thing the Dems want is a divisive convention. She will have to be appeased; will demand concessions, appointments, and get them.

This is what happens in a brokered convention and that's what this will be.

Very well said.

Clinton is not leaving this race without getting everything she wants (short of the nomination). The Clintons are too powerful within the Democratic Party to be brushed aside. Obama needs to appease them if he wants a real chance at winning in November and having a successful Presidency. I suspect Obama knows this and knows it well. Hillary is far too intelligent to still be in the race if she did not see some sort of a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. I don't think it would get to a brokered convention (that would be playing with fire and both Obama and the Dems probably want to wrap this up ASAP).

McCain needs to be really careful with his pick. He needs someone to ply to the base of the party, whilst at the same time not be too conservative so as to alienate his independent support. I would think the governor of Florida would be near the top of the list.

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Obama needs someone with solid foreign policy credentials to balance out the ticket. Richardson is a good choice and so is Gen. Clark but I just don't see Edwards adding much to the ticket. I think there has been too much water under the bridge for a Obama/Clinton ticket at this point (but stranger things have happened).

McCain needs someone younger and with more conservative credentials. I am amazed that Jindal is being suggested (3 months into being a governor and literally half McCain's age is not plus points plus being born Hindu won't play well with the base). Rice, while being a good choice on paper, will make it impossible for McCain to distance himself from Bush. The gov. of Florida is a good choice; the waffling dem from Connecticut is not.

I think with the current situation they are in McCain needs to think outside the box, while Obama needs to pick an establishment candidate. It will be interesting to see them go through the process.

I was just looking through this thread.
Excellent analysis for back in May.
McCain went outside the box.
Obama went establishment with foreign policy credentials.

What does your crystal ball say now?