Canine Social Experiment

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
Apparently, if 3 Beagles and a fourth non-Beagle dog live together for long enough, the Beagles will form a doo-wop band and perform on atleast a once-nightly basis. I just heard the lead whining upstairs because it's almost performance time and the alto is asleep in a different room.

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
Yeh, these dogs fucking sing. I mean, it's not just howling. It's howling with melodic shifts in pitch and tone, accompaniments that seem to have been premeditated and an actual sense of rhythm in their stops, starts and intermittent barks. As soon as I can catch them on video, I'm getting them on one of those funny home video shows.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Yeh, these dogs fucking sing. I mean, it's not just howling. It's howling with melodic shifts in pitch and tone, accompaniments that seem to have been premeditated and an actual sense of rhythm in their stops, starts and intermittent barks. As soon as I can catch them on video, I'm getting them on one of those funny home video shows.

lol I hear ya....My parents have 5 weiner dogs, a Jack Russell and a Golden Retriever, and when they howl....well its like they are singing....lol just another reason I love dogs.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Have the 5 weiner dogs cut off and formed their own breed-exclusive group, where they face each other and howl together? Because that's when it gets awesome.

lol well, I have approached them with the idea (and proposed that I become their manager) but alas...they are too loyal to the group :biggrin1:

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
I can attest that dogs do indeed sing, and the ones here go on howling sessions when one of them gets upset, it sets off the other three. And dogs do have different pitches. Here I have two tenors and one baritone and one basso. The basso dog does not like to bark.

Not that they ever would perform enough to put on uTube or even a CD.

Some guy looped together the dog songs enough to produce a Beatles album (of dog barks), called LIVE AT THE POUND, annoying one Yoko Ono, who could have contributed.