Can't Access My Own Website! HELP

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Okay so I have a website hosted on BlueHost. But the web address doesn't work. I get 'could not find server'. So I thought hmm...maybe I messed it up.

BUT I can't even access the FTP via CuteFTP. Which I could the other day. I only deleted some .TMP files and surely I should be able to access the FTP since none of the ftp logins have changed?

Does this mean the site host/server is down? ie I haven't broken it? BTW the .tmp files were not a part of the website, just a part of a website addon and in their own folder, separate from the public_html root...

I need to access the site urgently. Also, the 'submit a support request' function of BlueHost isn't working :rolleyes: - I get could not find server too. Although the rest of BlueHost is working and I can login.

HELP!

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
How the hell can we help?! I mean, I'd love to and all, but I don't see how. It sounds like there is something wrong at their end and you need to keep trying to contact them.

Not particularly helpful - but about the best I can do...

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Okay, I just wanted to know if it was their fault and to make sure it wasn't mine...

Managed to send a ticket, the Helpdesk 'cannot find server' errors seem intermittent.

And now...we play the waiting game. Thanks MB...so you're sure its THEIR fault? :tongue:

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
Whenever I have problems with a site I head straight for a large cock discussion group for technical help. :rolleyes:

If you had FTP access before then you should still have access. It seems that one of their hosting servers is down. It's totally possible that Bluehost's website would work but not one of their hosting servers.

If you broke the server by using an FTP client then congrats... this is almost impossible. Shoot tech support a message to let them know and then just have patience. If you want more help then PM me.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Okay, I just wanted to know if it was their fault and to make sure it wasn't mine...

Managed to send a ticket, the Helpdesk 'cannot find server' errors seem intermittent.

And now...we play the waiting game. Thanks MB...so you're sure its THEIR fault? :tongue:

The problem is, that from the very limited information you've supplied it's all but impossible to ID the problem's location.

1. Ping the domain - does the sever respond (not definitive)
  2. Do a Whois - check the DNS servers for that domain
  3. Check those DNS servers are working
  4. Check your end (firewall, ISP dns etc)
  5. Wait 6 hours (typical zone refresh time)
  6. Try again
Hope it works out!

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I came here for a quick reply - and it worked!

The ping says could not find host...so I now assume it is a hosting problem.

And yes I only deleted some .tmp files and downloaded a backup of some files which I have done before with no problems. I use CuteFTP which I'm told is the best. When I used the hosts' own File Manager, it corrupted some of the perl scripts etc.

Guess I'll just wait and see...

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah CuteFTP keeps things as they should be.

Anyway, the site is back up now. Although they haven't emailed me to tell me that or tell me what the problem was...

:smile: