Can't find a torture thread in these parts anymore...

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What happened... California beauty queens that respect opinion and choice still the enemy? Swine flu gone awry? I thought torture and "who knew what, and when" was the soup du jour?! Bombing innocent civilian number #1 just hit... that was quick.

Please... let your boy Barrah go rampant on "torture" and waterboarding... or is he going to tuck his tail (AGAIN) and protect Pelosi? She knew (as did Barrah) exactly what was going on.. and just now they care?!

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just a follow-up...

REASON NUMBER ONE why torture and blah blah blah will never be heard from again (from the ultra lib Wash Post): CIA Says Pelosi Was Briefed on Use of 'Enhanced Interrogations' - Capitol Briefing so move on to your beauty queen woes and Sarah Palin's third uncle.... (AKA biznezz as uzual)

Intelligence officials released documents this evening saying that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) was briefed in September 2002 about the use of harsh interrogation tactics against al-Qaeda prisoners, seemingly contradicting her repeated statements over the past 18 months that she was never told that these techniques were actually being used.

In a 10-page memo outlining an almost seven-year history of classified briefings, intelligence officials said that Pelosi and then-Rep. Porter Goss (R-Fla.) were the first two members of Congress ever briefed on the interrogation tactics. Then the ranking member and chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, respectively, Pelosi and Goss were briefed Sept. 4, 2002, one week before the first anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I may be mistaken about this, but I believe that I was the first one to bring up the fact that Pelosi was full briefed on Bush's illegal torture plans over two weeks ago. At the time, her biggest concern was whether or not the "harsh interrogation techniques" were harsh enough.

There's blood on enough hands to go around. Eventually it'll all come out. Patience, Grasshopper.

JuanChido

Just Browsing
Media
The bombing of innocent civilians by our military in Pakistan really pissed me off. How many more enemies did we make? Shit like that is why my brother came back from Iraq messed up in the head.

D_Tully Tunnelrat

Experimental Member
Media
I may be mistaken about this, but I believe that I was the first one to bring up the fact that Pelosi was full briefed on Bush's illegal torture plans over two weeks ago. At the time, her biggest concern was whether or not the "harsh interrogation techniques" were harsh enough.

You were on it!

When you remove the torture from the detention question, it is really a very interesting legal conundrum because if these guys were returned to their home country, say Yemen, they would no doubt foment more mayhem, and if you bring them into the US, the ACLU would love to assign them the rights of US citizens by virtue of their physical location, rather than where the alleged combat, or crime took place. The other option is the military courts, but I have to imagine there are strict rules about trying enemy combatants, according to the Geneva Convention, even if they were not citizens of the country, or military representatives of the government, where they were fighting.

If there are any JAGs, or lawyers in this group, I'd like to get their take.

D_Tully Tunnelrat

Experimental Member
Media
The bombing of innocent civilians by our military really pissed me off. Shit like that is why my brother came back from Iraq messed up in the head.

I can only imagine what it was like for him. Please let him know that his sacrifices are deeply appreciated.

I just hope no one else will have to suffer as he, and they did.

JuanChido

Just Browsing
Media
Id tell him but he doesn't leave his bedroom often anymore. He says he can't even look at kids anymore without remembering all the evil stuff they were forced to do.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
So what ever happened with Obermann's offer to Hannity vis-à-vis the waterboarding challenge? I don't get those TV stations here and it occurred to me hadn't heard anymore about it.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I leave an open invitation for Insanity Hannity to enjoy himself as a guest at my pool party, too. I wonder who can hold their breath the longest? Hannity or Faceking? Regardless, I'll have to drain the pool and have it scrubbed down just to ensure there are no Faceking or Hannity cooties left in it. I'd hate to have any future guests suddenly discover themselves with an unwanted free-range cootie up their ass after Hannity and Faceking had polluted the water.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
The reponses to his original post (and his second post mentioning the CIA briefing logs) actually prove his point.
Whatever point he was trying make about Pelosi, kind of gets negated by the race baiting. Calling a grown black man "boy" or "your boy" in this day and age is nothing but pot stirring by underhandedly using a race-baiting expression. He has being doing it repeatedly for months and I'm surprised he hasn't been given the heave-ho for it. Find another insult Faceking, or just stick to splooging on the coffee table, because what comes out of your dick has more value than anything you have to say.

pym

Just Browsing
Media
Whatever point he was trying make about Pelosi, kind of gets negated by the race baiting. Calling a grown black man "boy" or "your boy" in this day and age is nothing but pot stirring by underhandedly using a race-baiting expression. He has being doing it repeatedly for months and I'm surprised he hasn't been given the heave-ho for it. Find another insult Faceking, or just stick to splooging on the coffee table, because what comes out of your dick has more value than anything you have to say.

How fucking amazing is that.....I have been calling that son-of-a bitch out{as well a few others here too} for the last year over the same things. AND I GET BANNED......For Harrasment{OF ASS-HOLES}

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Would that last sentence be a reference to variety of parasites that have sought refuge up his butt? Nick8, you punster, you. :smile:

It was less that than a reference to his not-so-veiled secret fantasies which, herein, he's clearly made a stab at making a reality.