Can't Get Your Hand Around It...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by D_Martin van Burden, Dec 19, 2003.

1. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

I've heard some guys describe their dicks as being so thick that they can't get their hands around them. I suppose that's a pretty good indication of girth, but I think it needs some clarification.

Here's the thing. On my "everyday" boner, I can grasp it with my hand -- meaning the section of palm beneath my thumb rests on the shaft while I curl my fingers around my dick -- and the fingers won't connect to the palm. Literally, I can't get my hand around it.

Of course, if I try to encircle my dick with thumb and index finger -- the OK sign -- they touch no problem. If I'm ragin' hard, of course, it's a little more thickness to capture between thumb and finger, but I can do it. (Long fingers help.)

So, which is it? Can those guys literally not get their hands around it? (If so, I'm tempted to think a dick wouldn't have to be particularly thick to achieve that.) Or is their no overlap between the thumb and index finger when they grasp it that way? (And even then, not all guys' fingers are the same size...)

I'm not really worried about the issue. I'm usually 6" in girth and it usually plumps up fatter than that when I'm really riled. (I've been rather surprised at it the past few times I've had sex -- guess I'm eating my spinach or somethin', haha.) I'm just curious what you guys (and gals) think.

2. B_RoysToy

B_RoysToy New Member

You give a very good descriptive difference, Dee, and I'm looking forward to reading some of the reports of dudes using your two ways to encircle the dick. The shorter guys will probably have shorter fingers (anywhere there is bone), but dicks come in all shapes and sizes regardless of the structure of the one they're attached to.

Mine is just 5.75 around and if I use my thumb and middle finger I can encircle with it being really tight. But with index finger and thumb, nope, won't work. Thx for coming UP with an interesting way to test the appendage.

Luke

3. Imported

Gold Member

Thumper_10x7_CA: I'm pretty sure when someone says "put my hand around it" they mean grasping it they way you'd hold a hammer, or a baseball bat, or a glass of water. Your palm flat against it with your thumb around the circumference towards your body and your index, middle, ring and pinky fingers around the circumference away from you. If your thumb and any of the 4 other fingers can't touch then you "can't put your hand around it."

That's the way mammals with opposible thumbs grasp things. It's more powerful by giving a more secure grip. Primates on the other hand can't grasp this way because their thumb is not opposible. Primates have to grasp with the palm flat against the object and all 5 fingers encircling the circumference in the same direction.

Geeeeesh, how technical can we get?

4. B_RoysToy

B_RoysToy New Member

On LPSG where the dick is concerned, there's no limit to our technicality, Thumper_10 x 7 CA! We're just a bunch of technicians! :D

Luke

5. Imported

Gold Member

throb919: Let's hope our members' members are only measured by mammals with opposible thumbs.

(Dee--y'know I always enjoy the analytical way you think...)
    ;)

6. Imported

Gold Member

Inwood: This to me is like the issue of where people measure the length from-- top or bottom of the dick.

I would prefer the measure of girth be by attempting to touch your longest finger to your thumb. If you can't do that around your dick then you can't get your hand around your dick. To just do the flat grab would probably mean most guys couldn't get their hand around their dick.

Not that my opinion holds much weight but that's the way I'd vote.

7. Imported

Gold Member

Tender: ***Of course, if I try to encircle my dick with thumb and index finger -- the OK sign -- they touch no problem.***

uh, i have a question.
    lol dont laugh at me!
    the ok sign is the pointer finger, not the index finger, right?
    the index is the longest finger, 2nd in line. or if you count the thumb its the third.... right?
    the pointer finger is shorter than the index...
    :-/
    Tender

you know....
    where is thumbkin,
    where is pointer, HERE i AM!!
    .... very well i thank you ....
    ~~ ugh! Too much Barney for me, lol!~~

8. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

[quote author=Tender link=board=meetgreet;num=1071857544;start=0#6 date=12/19/03 at 20:41:40]the ok sign is the pointer finger, not the index finger, right?
    the index is the longest finger, 2nd in line. or if you count the thumb its the third.... right?
    the pointer finger is shorter than the index...
    [/quote]

The index finger and the 'pointer' finger are the same. The middle finger, the longest, has as its Latin 'scientific' name medius, not index. (As a bonus, the names of the other three digits are pollex {thumb}, anularis {ring finger}, and auricularis {pinky}.)

9. D_Martin van Burden

Heh. Good points.

Not to ultimately "shut down" this topic, but I guess the most reliable way of learning whether or not one has considerable girth is to learn how your partner or lover feels about it. Even though I can get my hand around me thanks to these spider fingers I'm carrying (Mom always said I should have played piano.), the girth has impressed people. For the few instances I've compared size with other guys, girth got about as much attention as length, so...

Smile and shrug, perhaps?

10. Imported

Gold Member

LittleMike: Well, I've taken to describing my bf as having a dick so thick I can't wrap my hand around it! His dick is 6.5" around and my thumb and middle finger can't touch! (awesome!)

11. B_RoysToy

B_RoysToy New Member

Your b/f's dick is the same thickness as the one of a long time friend of mine, LittleMike. He's 6.5 inches around anywhere you put the tape measure on his shaft and he has many inches for encircling, too. (8.5 when fully hard).

He's bi and has one particular g/f that always gives him a skinned dick on the right side. It renders his dick untouchable for several days after intercourse with her. He ignores the suggestion of using a lube, b/c he says he likes to hear them cry out during intercourse.

I understnd your descriptive word "awesome"! Big Todd is just that!

Luke

12. Imported

Gold Member

LittleMike: Luke, yes, that was my first word on seeing my bf's dick for the first time. I think he liked the way I said it! ;D

That's still the way I look at it - that thickness is what amazes me - totally awe inspiring!

As for your friend, I've done that to myself jerking off a few times over the years - no lube on my cut cock and I can get a nasty tender red burn on my dick so I can't touch it for a few days - that taught me to always use lube!

13. B_RoysToy

B_RoysToy New Member

You're a wise man, LittleMike to keep the lube handy for your cock workouts! Take care of the appendage, buddy.

I know just what you experienced when you first saw your b/f's cock. He is really a lot like Todd, who gets his ego stroked when the admirer shows his/her admiration for the size.

I would think that first time you saw it is a very hot story, you could tell, maybe even in a separate thread.

Luke

14. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

I've often tried to remember how it felt to get my fingers completely around my dick, but that was a long time ago. Funny how we adapt.

Pecker

Hear about the terrorist who hijacked a 747 full of lawyers? He threatened to release one every hour until his demands were met.

15. Imported

Gold Member

Thumper_10x7_CA: being able to get your hand around a cock also depends on how big your hand is. It's funny how obvious that is but hasn't been mentioned yet. I have big hands so my hand has been able to reach completely around every cock I've been lucky enough to handle. Now if I ever find a cock I can't fully grasp I'll be sending out the wedding invitations the next day!!!

16. Imported

Gold Member

gigantikok: Being short doesn't always ensure that one will have small hands. I'm pretty short and my hands are pretty huge. Even still, with such large hands I can only barely get my thumb and middle finger to touch around the middle of the shaft. If I had it in that "baseball bat" way that you guys have been talking about, then no, I can't get my hand around my cock.

17. D_Martin van Burden

I guess my hands are bigger than I thought. For the hell of it, I decided to test the hand grip thing on my dick. While I was at it, I did the ol' string method to find out my girth. It surprised me that the thickest part of my shaft -- the middle, though it looks pretty uniform top to bottom -- is 6.25" around. I gripped it there; I can get my fingers to touch.

I'm with Thumper. I don't have particularly broad hands but they're still large, at least large enough to get my fingers around my bone with no problem. I guess it's not really reliable to compare your girth with how well you can or cannot get your fingers and thumb to touch. Of course, to be sure, I made the OK shape with my fingers (tried index, then middle) and tried to thrust my dick through that hole. (It's hard to do but I could do it.)

18. benderten2001

Gold Member

I've been following this thread with some amusement these last several days. (Thanks, Dee, for starting this subject!) Makes me recall--

I've noticed the same net pix as perhaps other members in our forum--you know, where the guys have "beer can" dimensions and the so-called claims where they "can't get their hands around it". Honestly, I have often wondered...okay, --really?

Their (visually depicted) dimensions of "beer can size" often didn't seem to outdo me (by all that much).
    I know I can most certainly "lasso" mine with my fingers,--no sweat. So, what about that hand reference stuff? 'Never really thought much about interpreting what we're REALLY talking about here--"how to grasp it". But, getting one's hand around it and surrounding it with one's fingers truly ARE different matters, aren't they!

Some of the bigger-girth sizes (i.e. 7 inches or better) would HAVE to prove to be a challenge (if indeed holding it like that aforementioned hammer or baseball bat.) And, individual hand sizes would HAVE to play in here, of course. You betcha! --VERY interesting stuff to ponder. The internet is filled with (often) quite cleverly deceptive photos achieved by those tricky camera angles! You can't believe everything you (think!) you're seeing. But, it's all part of the fun? I suppose.

[quote author=DeeBlackthorne link=board=meetgreet;num=1071857544;start=0#16 date=12/23/03 at 13:27:49]

"... the thickest part of my shaft -- the middle, though it looks pretty uniform top to bottom -- is 6.25" around.  I gripped it there; I can get my fingers to touch..."  

[/quote]

The same with me, Dee. The same with me.
    BTW---I have those long "piano fingers", too! ;)

19. Imported

Gold Member

Thumper_10x7_CA: Here's a way to be able to give a graphic representation of how thick your dick is. Well, for guys who have American currency available.
    Take a $1 bill and wrap it around your cock with good ol' George right side up but on the underside of your shaft. Do the ends meet? Do they overlap? If not, then how far apart are the ends? If they overlap, by how much do they overlap? Are the 1's in the corners touching?
    Pretty much everyone (American) will be able to replicate it on their own and be able to see how thick it is. Plus it makes exchange rates seem so much more exciting! :D

By the way, when I do that the ends are just millimeters from touching.

20. Imported

Gold Member

bigdick8_84: I can't get my hand around mine and my thumb and index finger dont meet. And in answer to the dollar bill question the ends dont meet there is maybe a quarter to a half inch space. Its a little annoying that i can't get my hand around it but i would rather have a bigger hand than a smaller dick.

Draft saved Draft deleted