Can't Stay Hard

carter2006

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
When it comes down to condoms, I don't find them very comfortable. I guess it's because I'm not circumcised, and so my foreskin kinda gets in the way; I'm not as stupid as to not use one when having sex, but it just isn't a nice sensation and I think that contributes to nerves etc. Should I just practice wearing one while masturbating? I'm from the UK, and we have a scheme where 16-25 yo people can get free condoms (from a range of 12 or so different types/styles), so it's not really a problem getting them.

Hi man, not many of us British guys are circumcised and the bottom line is noone really likes to wear condoms - it's a necessary evil. Kudos to you for sticking with them though. Even though the free condoms are good, it's worth trying lots of different types so you know what fits you best. Also, who puts your condom on? Do you do it yourself or does your gf do it for you? Mate, I highly recommend getting her to do it, and incorporate it into your foreplay. That way the process of putting on a rubber becomes a sexy part of the whole experience, and not an unwelcome interlude.

jonglobe

Just Browsing
Media
Carter, what sort of styles would you recommend then, just so I can get a picture? I thought what was offered by the C-Card scheme was a relatively large variety.

carter2006

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Carter, what sort of styles would you recommend then, just so I can get a picture? I thought what was offered by the C-Card scheme was a relatively large variety.

Hey mate, I don't know what's on offer by C-Card as I've never used them, and I'm too old now to qualify, but there are hundreds of different condoms. There are plenty of places to get free condoms other than that scheme, but generally they're quite generic. It depends on so many different things, not to mention simple preference.

Best thing to do is experiment... you'll find the best one for you.

For example...

• Size - it's got to be the right size for your cock.
  • Shape - you can get 'easyon', flared condoms, straight, studded, ribbed and more.
  • Material - most condoms are latex but some people have allergies so you can get different types.
  • Flavour/colour/other novelty...
My o/h and I don't use condoms any more but when we did we used to prefer Theyfit condoms. You can't get them in the UK any more but you can order them from overseas. A bit pricey though.

Sorry not much help, but without knowing about your requirements my best advice is to try as many different types as you can.

baldyboy8000

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have too much foreskin. With a condom, I pushed my foreskin back and put it on while it was retracted. Initially I used a condom that was snug, not too tight, just snug...worked sort of ok

carter2006

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have too much foreskin. With a condom, I pushed my foreskin back and put it on while it was retracted. Initially I used a condom that was snug, not too tight, just snug...worked sort of ok

jonglobe, might sound obvious but it absolutely goes without saying that you have to retract your foreskin right back before you put the condom on.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Erratic, what sort of things do you mean when you talk about 'stretching boundaries'?

You mentioned not being comfortable coming on your girlfriend. Frankly, it'll be pretty hard to go your whole life without coming on your partner(s). In fact, some people (including, believe it or not, some women) like getting cum on them from time to time - especially when you're avoiding coming inside someone. So maybe you'll have to just force yourself to cum on her some day. That's all I mean. Do things with your gf that stretch your limits a bit. That's the great part about having a steady partner - safely testing your limits.

And I don't really know how tight my grip is - I am trying to cut down on masturbation though, and when I do it to use the other hand.

Frankly, I think the kung-fu-grip-causing-insensitivity thing really only applies to cut guys (I think...I'm generalising from cut guys I've known). I only mentioned that in case you were cut. Nevermind.

When it comes down to condoms, I don't find them very comfortable. I guess it's because I'm not circumcised, and so my foreskin kinda gets in the way;

I don't know your familiarity with condom use. Carter has great advice about it, but it's key to roll back your foreskin and apply some lube (not gobs) to your cock first, before rolling the condom on. This allows something closer to your foreskin's normal motion.

I'm not as stupid as to not use one when having sex, but it just isn't a nice sensation and I think that contributes to nerves etc. Should I just practice wearing one while masturbating?

Yeah, condoms aren't the best, but you get massive respect from me for sticking with them. Good on you, and good for showing such respect for your partner. Anyway, it could very well be that it's hard for you to get used to, and is messing with your nerves. Masturbating a few times with a condom couldn't hurt.

Also, for the record, I don't mind not coming every time - I can make my gf come through fingers or oral,

Your girlfriend has found herself a great catch. You wouldn't believe how many female friends and acquaintances have complained to me that their boyfriends think all they need to do is shove their dicks in and go for five unsatisfying minutes. There are women out there who would kill to have a guy who is willing to eat them out to orgasm.

again, as I've said, it's just that I don't want her to think my sexual hangups are down to her.

Tell her that. Then eat her pussy until she's weak in the knees. She'll believe you. :)

jonglobe

Just Browsing
Media
Thanks for all the advice guys - I now feel much more comfortable and kinda less nervous about it all. I don't really think there's anything else I want to ask, unless there's any advice people want to give me? :)

carter2006

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thanks for all the advice guys - I now feel much more comfortable and kinda less nervous about it all. I don't really think there's anything else I want to ask, unless there's any advice people want to give me? :)

Just let us know how you get on mate. Good luck!

D_otfcgvkl

Just Browsing
Media
here are a few things that have worked for me...

1. exercise...a daily cardio workout does wonders for the heart, and you can do cardio daily unlike weight training.

2. high intake of raw foods...i cant stress enough the importance of having as high raw food intake. it helps to rid your body of its toxins, and cooked food does nothing for the body nutrition wise

3. water water water... 8 to 10 glasses per day is what we all need. lay off of the pop and alcohol, smoking is a no no as well.

jonglobe

Just Browsing
Media
Sorry for bumping a thread that hasn't been active for a week or so, but I want to say that the advice really helped :)

I just took it easy and tried to not worry/think about it ('going with the flow'), and it was all great! So thanks again everyone. :)