Capitalism & Christianity

Klingsor

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
:confused:

And Untermensch? The nazi philosophy of those in need of extermination.

The words have such dreadful connotations, I have to ask why anyone would use them.

Regarding "untermensch," you'd have to ask yourself that question, wouldn't you? Since you're the only one using it in this thread.

As for "mensch," just in the past couple of days a Jewish friend of mine has repeatedly called me that, while thanking me for helping him out.

I don't think he means it with any dreadful connotations. :smile:

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Regarding "untermensch," you'd have to ask yourself that question, wouldn't you? Since you're the only one using it in this thread.

As for "mensch," just in the past couple of days a Jewish friend of mine has repeatedly called me that, while thanking me for helping him out.

I don't think he means it with any dreadful connotations. :smile:

Well, I mention untermensch becuase i find the irony of the OP's name a bit too post modernistic to be credible, given that the theory of untermensch had its blueprint in the antisemitic writings of Luther.

Maybe I was the only one to know of Luther's nasty side.

B_curiousme01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hmmm...I think the root of all the hate passionately shared in these kind of threads is the fact that SOME men (not all by any means, just the visicious, egotistical, wants to kill ones) have dominated the world forever by imposing and forcing their personal ideals on people in general. Rarely even willing to have a respectful discussion with someone who thinks differently. You all even created something called "Law" to make sure the masses not only accept your viewpoints, but submit and live our lives by them because of your personal desires.

Men can and have givin birth. Did you know that?? The requirement to eat and fuck birthed both religion and politics. Those two came together and created another favorite male toy: War.

And it's still happening. Every day. Modern technology now allows you the ability to use your words as weapons to easily reach the masses. Why can't you abide an opposing position without attacking, disrespecting, demeaning and repressing other people by forcing your personal ideals down our throats in every way possible with only ugliness? Apparently, the killer instinct is alive and well. Republican, Demofrat or "Independent."

I choose to be a Republican. Let me be without trying to tear my beliefs down and constantly shredding the reputations of others who think similarly just because you don't like us because of a viewpoint or five.

F-ing winers!

Klingsor

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Why can't you abide an opposing position without attacking, disrespecting, demeaning and repressing other people by forcing your personal ideals down our throats in every way possible with only ugliness? Apparently, the killer instinct is alive and well. Republican, Demofrat or "Independent."

I choose to be a Republican. Let me be without trying to tear my beliefs down and constantly shredding the reputations of others who think similarly just because you don't like us because of a viewpoint or five.

F-ing winers!

"Shut up and agree with me."

Noted.

Mensch1351

Cherished Member
Media
In the only other State that begins with "K"!
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

D_Percy_Prettywillie

Account Disabled
Media
Capitalism will not survive hopefully.

Just... out of curiosity, what would you suggest as a reasonable, viable, applicable alternative? By asking this question I'm setting myself up for an affiliation with the radical right that I've no wish to insinuate. I'll say now, for the record, I'm not against any form of economy based on what Rush Limbaugh told me.

JSZ

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Maybe you don't know "Yiddish!":rolleyes:

I know enough German :rolleyes:.

Just... out of curiosity, what would you suggest as a reasonable, viable, applicable alternative? By asking this question I'm setting myself up for an affiliation with the radical right that I've no wish to insinuate. I'll say now, for the record, I'm not against any form of economy based on what Rush Limbaugh told me.

JSZ

I have been wrestling with this question, JSZ, for some time.

What is enough? Even on a primary level, it is wise to have a surplus in case next year you can't have enough. We also have to produce a surplus to fund the type of societies that we wish to live in.

But then there is all the stuff we don't really need, the stuff we waste, and the fact that those who fund the system make more seemingly than those who produce what we need.

Then in my country we have a system whereby you can have been generating $100K a year for the government but if it goes wrong for you, you get $100 a week back. It's tough and I think this fear drives people to think that they always need more. Older people are living in fear that their money will run out and they will not be able to continue to afford their own homes and medical care. This after a lifetime of contributions.

I think we need to look at the deal for wealth creation.

dandelion

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Brilliant invention, the internal combustion engine. Sit one on a rig, connect it up, floor the throttle and watch it tear itself to pieces because it overspeeds.

Capitalism is a system which allows people to be inventive and make money. Making money just means I persuade you to give me your money. I trick you into into giving me more money than it costs me to make something I give to you in return. So we have rules which stop me ripping you off quite so much. This is absolutley essential. The alternative is that after I give you the item, you bash me over the head and take back your money too. So we have rules and do it all politely.

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Brilliant invention, the internal combustion engine. Sit one on a rig, connect it up, floor the throttle and watch it tear itself to pieces because it overspeeds.

Capitalism is a system which allows people to be inventive and make money. Making money just means I persuade you to give me your money. I trick you into into giving me more money than it costs me to make something I give to you in return. So we have rules which stop me ripping you off quite so much. This is absolutley essential. The alternative is that after I give you the item, you bash me over the head and take back your money too. So we have rules and do it all politely.

Capitalism is the market system, and the basic idea of every market transaction is that BOTH sides win. The seller sells at a profit; the buyer buys at a price they regard as reasonable. Yes of course there are market distortions, but most of the time the market works.

And there is NO viable alternative. State intervention in markets is inefficient and leads to economic stagnation. Taking capitalism out of the system entirely takes us back to barter in a subsistence economy.

Fiasco21

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The problem with the system in the U.S. isn't capitalism its that the government intevenes in all the wrong places (subsidies for oil and coal) and doesn't intervene in all the right places (we don't tax externalities) as two examples but there are many more of both. I would argue that a properly regulated capitilastic system can work just fine. Although if someone can propose to us an actual viable alternative I am definitely willing to listen and side with you if its the real deal. :p And as JSZ said, I'm really not wishing to associate myself with the radical religious right either, as I am none of these things, but that doesn't mean you have to automatically discount capitalistic systems as a whole.