Capturing a perfect cock shot

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by rufus-scot, Jan 28, 2008.

1. rufus-scot

rufus-scot Member

Hey all - new to the site, and looking for some advice.

Having trouble taking a perfect (or even half-way decent) picture of my cock to share.

What's the best way to get a good shot when you are alone?

Not looking for anything too technical, but any advice on lighting, flash use etc. appreciated. I am an amateur looking to go pro.

You can all share in my practice sessions.

2. rufus-scot

rufus-scot Member

Although I didn't get any posts here, thanks to those who sent me tips by private message.

I have been practicing and some of those efforts are included in the "Select a Speedo" thread.

Special thanks to those who offered to come over and hold the camera (or hold something else :wink:). Made me feel very honored.

RS

3. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    If you've got a camera with a shutter delay, then you can photograph yourself from lots of different angles and distances. If you haven't got such a camera (and it sounds as though you haven't), then I recommend either holding the camera as far away from your John Thomas as you can or taking a picture of yourself standing before the mirror. There are actually some very good mirror shots in the galleries, and I took this photo, which I quite like, holding the camera above my head.

Final bit of advice: natural light, if you can get it, looks best. Flash is second-best, and ordinary artificial lighting looks the worst.

4. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

And don't keep your socks on in photos and make sure the room is relatively tidy :)

5. Sixofspades

Sixofspades New Member

It's tough to take a good cock shot, absolutely. There's varying degrees of hardness so it's difficult to get 100% erect for it. The other thing is that if you have a wobbly dick (like me) it tends to bounce and blur the picture somewhat. Calboner's advice seems solid to me.

6. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    Spoken like a true spoiled princess! :wink:

7. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

I'm not being picky but if the room is untidy I spend as much time having a look what's in the background as I do looking at the subject.

8. BikerGirlnAtl

BikerGirlnAtl New Member

This made me laugh! :biggrin1: But I definately agree and try Calboners advice because that one shot is pretty hot. :cool:

9. MCA

MCA Active Member

Albums:
    I use two methods for mine. The onboard camera on my Mac for nice side shots. For any under-side pictures, etc, I use my Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ1. There are things I like about both. The problem with my onboard camera is the lighting levels are really low. The Panasonic is much crisper, but some of the best pics I've taken were with the Mac.

The problem with me is my penis gets stage fright when a camera is busted out, so I need to get super-aroused and then IMMEDIATELY know what I'm going to do with the camera. If I wait, I lose the WOW factor really quickly, as is evidenced by some of my pics, actually.

If you have a high-end camera phone with a decent amount of megapixels (at least 3) they can work really well, too. That is how I started out. Again, lighting is the main thing to work on with a good pic.

It was always hilarious when my GF at the time would sneak onto my phone and make a big dick picture my default background... and then someone would want to use my phone at a party... I'm sure you can imagine the rest of the story...

"Trial and error is the best way to learn almost anything not involving a chainsaw and a bottle of whiskey," -- Me, 30 seconds ago.

10. MCA

MCA Active Member

Albums:
    And my room is very untidy in many of the pictures. That's very funny!

Draft saved Draft deleted