car accident -- I'm OK, & the other driver is, but my car isn't

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
NC, I'm glad to hear you're okay and so is she. I hope both cars can be fixed without hassle. Nothing like your life (or someone else's) flashing in front of your eyes to make you aware how fragile we are.

mercurialbliss (who will follow Jeff Black's lead in showing her relief that NC's close call was just that)

Sir

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I'm glad you and the other party are okay. Each time I hear about someone getting an accident i think of mine. I was only 10 but I remember it like today. My whole family was al most taken out. We got hit at a stop sign by someone doing 60mph. We were hit so hard the engine pushed the steering wheel in my mom's lap. The impact made me hit the roof of the car and i chipped a bone in my back and there's peice of my skull still loose. We are okay.
Remember, be smart, be safe. Look both ways.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
What the HELL was she THINKING??!!

At least her head didn't become your hood ornament. I'm glad you're still here with us, Bear, and that she's able to be home with her parents.

There but for the grace of God...

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Hey, thanks for the outpouring of support! And the cute/clever/funny (and touching) parentheses after your names, "just like NCbear does."

I found out today from my insurance adjuster that the car will be fixed by . . . . . . . . . .

[drum roll]

. . . February TWENTY-SECOND. Yes, you read that correctly.

It makes me wonder whether "pain and suffering" includes "days and weeks of missing my wonderful car."

I'm not entirely kidding here: The Saturn Aura I'm driving, while benefiting from German GM engineering, both looks and feels like a heavy bathtub compared with my Mazda6's lithe athleticism. And the V6 Aura is decontented compared to my "value edition" 4-cylinder, 5-speed hatchback. What a difference!

Wow. Thanks for all the support, really, y'all.

NCbear (who's amazed and grateful--and, yes, "truly touched," as Sandra Bullock's character said at the end of Miss Congeniality)

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I decided long ago to base my situational awareness on the presumption that everyone on the road around me is a complete fucktard. I find it gives me great success in predicting their actions and adjusting as necessary to keep myself out of harm's way.

If only every driver could have this mentality. I lost most of an ear, a couple billion brain cells, and about 3 years of my life thus far because of some fucktard. You MUST assume everyone who is the average typical driver or has never been in an accident has absolutely no respect for the power behind the wheel, the dreams they can destroy, and the lack of common sense to realize they aren't the only ones driving on the road. I still get rides from someone who drives like everyone else on the road needs to watch out and respect them. It drives me fucking crazy. All it takes is one split second to change everything.