Car Art And Photos!!

BillM

LPSG Legend
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Beverly Hills (California, United States)
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
NAZ_720de7f3a6894a0fb0931f6c27d13826.jpg

Lunchmeat

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'd appreciate if every posting has a short comment with some information about the car shown. And if the photos are yours or you know the story of the photo please state where it was shot (i.e. when there is a specific background/landscape in the pic).

Here's one, you possibly never heard of. A Wartburg 313 Roadster, built in post WW2 East(!) Germany(!)

1280px-Wartburg-313-1-Sport-Coupe.jpg

About 500 units of this beautiful roadster have been built Roadster between 1957 and 1960 and the car reached respectable 140 km/h (which is, for people living in medieval non-metric countries, about 86 mph). Today it reaches respeactable six-digits prices in international auctions.
Was this the basis of the Borgward Isabella? Had a neighbor in Holland many years ago who had one. 8 year-old me thought it was the coolest thing on wheels.

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Although this was Packard near its sad ending, I would love to be able to drive this technically advanced , marvelous beauty. I have read in numerous auto magazines that they were whisper quiet, rode wonderfully, cornered flat and produced more power and speed than ever needed.

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I drove a car just like this as a pre college teen to deliver flowers for a florist in 1949. The floor in the back seat area was flat and could hold 6 baskets of flowers with ease. The car had looks, power, an amazing ride and snob value. It was fast and powerful with an in line 8 producing 150 hp, one of the largest hp outputs at that time. It had one shortcoming: after driving awhile and shutting down the engine, the car did not want to start again for 20 minutes. When this happened one time, I called the business owner and he came with a large chunk of ice and put it on the carburetor fuel line and it started right up. It was a type of vapor lock problem. I suggested he wrap the line with insulation and that solved the problem. Soon after that in 1950, I began my college studies in engineering and drove the huge Packard for the last time.

fullsizeoutput_637f.jpeg