Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
hey guys just cleaned all my jocks out of my gym bag. ran them in the washing machine and hung dry. any hints on how often they should be cleaned and how do I keep them in the best shape possible?
My cup jock is really dirty but kinda like it that way. anyone else?

thanks guys

hairyjockwla

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
That's pretty much what I do. Wash them in the washing machine and hang dry. I usually wash them about every 2 weeks, otherwise the pouch just gets too sweaty and gives me jock itch.

D

deleted436524

That's pretty much what I do. Wash them in the washing machine and hang dry. I usually wash them about every 2 weeks, otherwise the pouch just gets too sweaty and gives me jock itch.

This is pretty much the way to do it. It's always worked for me. A word of warning, NEVER put them in the dryer.

Reactions: cedarizzo

cutmeat

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
hey knight - fitness trainer mike here dude & that's a fairly standard ques around the fitness centre here man ... if u r wearin ur jock daily 4 sports etc u should def wash it every cpl days as u would briefs - if u rn't scrupulously clean bro u WILL develop jock itch - sometimes a dr's prescription is necessary 2 clear up the skin if u get a seriious case ... 4 ur jock wash on the gentle cycle of ur machine & let hang dry - 4 both mesh jocks or the cup version (remove cup insert 1st) ... 4 the cup supporter itself just use warm soapy water 2 clean the plastic & edges ... some guys use jocks as sex aids & toys (the fetish of the smell as well as the discoloration from urine & cum is important 2 some ppl 4 sexual xcitement) - since the jocks used this way r only worn briefly & a dude usually showers &/or gets cleaned up after the jock can just b aired out 2 dry - but eventually it should b laundered as well ... as a fitness trainer i urge all 2 b clean & take personal grooming seriously - both as a protection against skin outbreaks, etc as well as being sensitive to other ppl around u ... hope this helps! ... any ques just hit me up ... cheers, mike

hairyjockwla

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I will add that in that 2 week period I usually go through 2 different jocks. I almost always wear my classic Bike wide-band jock and then one of my synthetic jocks like an Under Armour or McDavid. The Bike jock is the one that really needs to be washed more often.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
I own 11 jocks. I just wear a fresh one every day. I wear them all day at work with boxers over them. I needed the extra support, and got tired of sitting on my goods. I hand wash them in the bathtub, and hang them over the shower curtain rod to dry. It has a plastic cover making for no rust worries. I found that washing them in the washing machine breaks down the elastic.

Last edited:

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
hey knight - fitness trainer mike here dude & that's a fairly standard ques around the fitness centre here man ... if u r wearin ur jock daily 4 sports etc u should def wash it every cpl days as u would briefs - if u rn't scrupulously clean bro u WILL develop jock itch - sometimes a dr's prescription is necessary 2 clear up the skin if u get a seriious case ... 4 ur jock wash on the gentle cycle of ur machine & let hang dry - 4 both mesh jocks or the cup version (remove cup insert 1st) ... 4 the cup supporter itself just use warm soapy water 2 clean the plastic & edges ... some guys use jocks as sex aids & toys (the fetish of the smell as well as the discoloration from urine & cum is important 2 some ppl 4 sexual xcitement) - since the jocks used this way r only worn briefly & a dude usually showers &/or gets cleaned up after the jock can just b aired out 2 dry - but eventually it should b laundered as well ... as a fitness trainer i urge all 2 b clean & take personal grooming seriously - both as a protection against skin outbreaks, etc as well as being sensitive to other ppl around u ... hope this helps! ... any ques just hit me up ... cheers, mike

Doz dis kind of txting look bzarre and like a 4eign lagwage to any1 else?Why cant ppl rite standard Engrish?

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
I burned my Jockstrap when I left (active duty) and all the PT BS in the Marines, well I prob just threw it out, lol. Get some compression shorts, more comfy, last longer.

Talk about sacrilege! burning your jock as a protest??! I can see burning it to give it an honorable ending, like a flag, but ya gotta love your jock.
Can't say I agree with your comp shorts statement.

I let my jock go for a long time before washing it.

Rooster89

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I own 11 jocks. I just wear a fresh one every day. I wear them all day at work with boxers over them. I needed the extra support, and got tired of sitting on my goods. I hand wash them in the bathtub, and hang them over the shower curtain rod to dry. It has a plastic cover making for no rust worries. I found that washing them in the washing machine breaks down the elastic.

Any particular reason you choose to wear boxers over the jock? Personally I love the support my jocks provide with minimal excess material. This is especially true in basketball or running shorts.

Uncutpete

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
All the air dry stuff is great if you want them to last forever. At college athletics, the trainers used to distribute jockstraps every day with the towels. They just machine washed and dried them. They lasted a fair amount of time. I would say that jocks are built for that kind of treatment. Standard mesh jocks (which I like way better than the micro fiber ones anyway) are so cheap it really isn't worth the trouble to air dry. I would say, just throw them in the drier with the rest of the underwear.

yhtang

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I throw them in the washing machine and dry them in the sun together with my other clothes and briefs. This practice does not seem to affect the jockstrap's elastic at all, ditto my briefs'.

BigGlansDC

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My dad umpired Little League Baseball in my hometown in Connecticut in the 1950's and early 60's. He wore a Johnson & Johnson Athletic Supporter, men's large. He should have worn an athletic cup too. He had my mother launder his jockstrap once a week and then she would hang it above the bathtub at home to dry. That is how I discovered it at age 11. That is how I discovered my dad's jock and how he cared for it. That is how my jock & cup fetish got started.

Last edited:

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
Any particular reason you choose to wear boxers over the jock? Personally I love the support my jocks provide with minimal excess material. This is especially true in basketball or running shorts.

I live in a hot humid climate. Trust me, you want something over your butt. If it's just your pants rubbing your behind, you'll get a major case of dermatitis. You'll have big welps on your azz. Also, I work out in the public all day. One never knows when one might have their trousers ripped. I was bitten by a dog once, and had to take my pants off at the emergency room. You don't want word spreading about you in this small city.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
My dad umpired Little League Baseball in my hometown in Connecticut in the 1950's and early 60's. He wore a Johnson & Johnson Athletic Supporter, men's large. He should have worn an athletic cup too. He had my mother launder his jockstrap once a week and then she would hang it above the bathtub at home to dry. That is how I discovered it at age 11. That is how I discovered my dad's jock and how he cared for it. That is how my jock & cup fetish got started.

Sounds like a lot of the rest of us. Age 11, exposed to our first jockstrap. Never get over the fetish.

Reactions: jakeh1234321