Cargo Magazine Discontinued

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by xrush_uncut, May 21, 2006.

1. xrush_uncut

xrush_uncut New Member

Anyone read Cargo Magazine? 2 years ago someone gave me a subscription and I really enjoyed it. The combination of electronics, cars, style and supposedly everything relating to men was perfect for me. There are lots of magazines out there marketed toward men, but I thought this was the best.

Well, I just got a postcard saying that Cargo has been shut down and that I will be receiving issues of GQ until my subscription runs out. I'm not happy, and don't like GQ. Anyone else like Cargo?

2. bigjim&the twins

bigjim&the twins New Member

Albums:
    Dude, I know me too. I really liked Cargo. Super usefull info in each issue. I got the same postcard. I feel the same way. GQ is for 50 year olds that wanna feel like they havent lost touch. I'm requesting my money back. I seem to kill new magazines. I got a subscription to Vitals, its gone now, got one for Radar, its no more, got one to cargo, Later! Maybe its me?

3. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

I tried Cargo when it came out and while I liked it, I honestly found its info to be redundant given my GQ and Men's Health subscriptions. So much for having a transparent men's mag totally about shopping. Lucky (it's female-targeted counterpart) is doing well from that I understand.

4. xrush_uncut

xrush_uncut New Member

There aren't a whole lot of magazines I liked and would pay for, but Cargo gave me just the info I was looking for. I'm very upset still.

For some reason I just don't like Men's Health o GQ. Maybe it was the layout of Cargo or something.

I guess I'll have to get over it now.

5. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't like Mens Health.

All you see is "How to please her now"

Or "Make her scream animal noises"

Then when you open the thing up, about 5 Cards for subscription renewal drop to the floor.

They don't seem to be in touch with what ALL men want...moreso just for the MetroSexuals.

C

6. Shelby

Gold Member

Sports Illustrated has the best writing.

Draft saved Draft deleted