Carnivàle

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The new HBO series Carnivàle has been mentioned here before. I have seen every episode so far and think it bears mentioning again. I am very impressed with the series. It has enough mystery, magic, emotion and sex to hold one's attention, and it obviously has a story to tell. If you have access to HBO and have missed episodes of Carnivàle, HBO will rerun the first seven installments on 2 November. For those who are seeking interesting television, I highly recommend it.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I like the new series, too. I've reserved 6 VHS tapes so that I may preserve every episode in order.

I've a feeling that "Management" is the boy's grandfather.

I'd really like to see a bit more character development. We're only allowed a taste of each one's personality so far. But maybe that's what makes the program so attractive.

We're still outsiders who want into a very secret society.

Pecker

(I'll have to think twice about it before I give it a second thought.)

inquiringmind: Hi,

Please do tell more!
This sounds like a really fascinating show... speaking of Carnivale... Has any one seen the remake of "Black Orpheus"? It is entitled, "Orfeu" and set in contemporary Brazil. Personally, though I enjoyed the remake, it can't even compare to the 1959 Cannes Film festival winning original. It has had me on a binge of listening to vintage "Verve" recordings of Stan Getz, Carlos Antonio Jobim, Luis Bonfa,  and the incomparable smoothness of the Gilbertos. I am listening to "The Wave" right now....

Inquiring mind