Carnival

D_Anton_Pavlovich_Jerkhov

Account Disabled
Media
It is Carnival time in Brazil, and it is not uncommon for men to dress up like females and roam the streets singing, dancing or just having fun. We met these three guys yesterday at the bus terminal. I asked if I could take a picture of them and they immediately agreed and even posed for the camera. They were very friendly. I joked saying the picture would be sent to the USA, and they replied: "Oh, then we are going to be famous..."

Enjoy.

005.jpg

Reactions: dreamdeean

B_hungprepjock

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
It is Carnival time in Brazil, and it is not uncommon for men to dress up like females and roam the streets singing, dancing or just having fun. We met these three guys yesterday at the bus terminal…

That’s like every bus terminal I’ve ever been in, on any given day…

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was in Rio for Carnival when i was about 7 with my family...most of it seemed fun, but during the nights they were doing these religious ceremonies on the beach, which i found quite terrifying as a child seeing it, called the Macumba and the Candomble...

they were sacrificing chickens, burning candles on their backs, chanting, trance type of things, and then in a rather creepy ceremony they had made thousands of these very small boats, about the size of a drum, festooned with all types of stuff, like foods, flowers, vegetables, jewelry, perfume with candles on them, and would launch them all in to the sea as offerings to a sea goddess named Iemanjá IIRC...

it was very spooky....i still have dreams about it every once in a long while, and that was 30 years ago.

D_Anton_Pavlovich_Jerkhov

Account Disabled
Media
I was in Rio for Carnival when i was about 7 with my family...most of it seemed fun, but during the nights they were doing these religious ceremonies on the beach, which i found quite terrifying as a child seeing it, called the Macumba and the Candomble...

they were sacrificing chickens, burning candles on their backs, chanting, trance type of things, and then in a rather creepy ceremony they had made thousands of these very small boats, about the size of a drum, festooned with all types of stuff, like foods, flowers, vegetables, jewelry, perfume with candles on them, and would launch them all in to the sea as offerings to a sea goddess named Iemanjá IIRC...

it was very spooky....i still have dreams about it every once in a long while, and that was 30 years ago.

These rituals don't really look like Carnival. Yes, that is Macumba. They are not related. Macumba rituals can take place on New Year's eve on the beach, so maybe you were not in Rio for Carnival. Are you sure?

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
These rituals don't really look like Carnival. Yes, that is Macumba. They are not related. Macumba rituals can take place on New Year's eve on the beach, so maybe you were not in Rio for Carnival. Are you sure?

ah yes...you are right...we were there for New Years IIRC...sorry about that...my mistake. As i said, i was about 8 when we were there, so i did not make the distinction and thought that the Macumba was celebrated during Carnival.

The Carnival's meant to be really cool. Wouldn't mind goin for a bit of party-atmosphere meself.
Quite a few celebs there this year, I hear.

You'll have to come to London one day for the Notting Hill one. ;)