Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
As I understand it, many jurisdictions in the US make it difficult (or political) to obtain a permit for a concealed weapon. It's easier to get a permit to carry a weapon in the open, though few people do.

There's a new, small movement afoot to encourage people with permits to carry their guns into ordinary establishments -- to highlight the fact that packing out in the open is actually more objectionable to much of the public and more awkward than carrying concealed. A few private businesses have banned weapons on their premises, which is their right (at least for the moment), while others, like Starbucks, are remaining silent for now.

The goal is to get more cities and states to issue permits to carry concealed weapons. I can't say I completely understand this, because if the issue is crime deterrence an open weapon seems to speak much louder.

But so far even the NRA is distancing itself from this campaign.

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
As I understand it, many jurisdictions in the US make it difficult (or political) to obtain a permit for a concealed weapon. It's easier to get a permit to carry a weapon in the open, though few people do.

There's a new, small movement afoot to encourage people with permits to carry their guns into ordinary establishments -- to highlight the fact that packing out in the open is actually more objectionable to much of the public and more awkward than carrying concealed. A few private businesses have banned weapons on their premises, which is their right (at least for the moment), while others, like Starbucks, are remaining silent for now.

The goal is to get more cities and states to issue permits to carry concealed weapons. I can't say I completely understand this, because if the issue is crime deterrence an open weapon seems to speak much louder.

Thanks Gym, that sounds a little clearer, i know Starbucks was mentioned too.

akexc

Just Browsing
Media

Not sure where you've gotten this impression about the NRA, or maybe I don't fully understand your comment. The NRA is fully behind states issuing concealed carry permits, and having private citizens take advantage of this.

There are currently 48 states that allow you to carry a concealed weapon. Most require a permit or license. Some make it very difficult, some make it very easy.

crossy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In order for me to have an enhanced orgasm I need to empty a clip of my .45 SIG as my climax approaches. I have been chastised for this in public restrooms and at highway rest stops.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
I have a permit to carry a concealed weapon, but I don't. Watch out if you break into my house though!

Wow whole new level of badass hotness Nudey :tongue: If I lived in the US I'd probably apply for a permit, dunno if I'd carry it around with me or not though, I think it might add a dangerous element to otherwise non-life-threatening situations.

D_Cateryke Cheesysmell

Experimental Member
Media
Most states have reciprocity with one another. There are, (I think) 32 that recognize a Florida carry permit, which a resident of any state can get in the mail. The division is between states that won't issue one, states that may issue one and states that shall issue one. If you're interested, there is a map of these states here.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Wow whole new level of badass hotness Nudey :tongue: If I lived in the US I'd probably apply for a permit, dunno if I'd carry it around with me or not though, I think it might add a dangerous element to otherwise non-life-threatening situations.

Oh yeah I am such a mean bad ass dude! LOL! I think the only reason I'm reluctant to pack heat is that I'm afraid It will go off accidently and shoot a hole in my Prada bag.

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
In rural America, there is very little crime (North Dakota and Maine have extremely low crime rates). And yes, a lot of people have guns there. They aren't shooting anyone. The problem is in urban American (gangs, etc).

School shooting are not unique to the US. Canada, Germany and Finland have all had them, too.

In Europe, drunken hoards of people scare me to death more than armed people do (unless there are gangs around). I was punched in the face by a drunk passer-by for no reason whatsoever. It came out of the blue. There was no police and just thousands of drunken men on the streets ready to pounce on whomever they felt like. It was a totally uncivilized scene. That shouldn't be allowed. Pubs closing and unloading all these drunken idiots on the street. Very dangerous.

Last edited:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
In rural America, there is very little crime (North Dakota and Maine have extremely low crime rates). And yes, a lot of people have guns there. They aren't shooting anyone. The problem is in urban American (gangs, etc).

School shooting are not unique to the US. Canada, Germany and Finland have all had them, too.

In Europe, drunken hoards of people scare me to death more than armed people do (unless there are gangs around). I was punched in the face by a drunk passer-by for no reason whatsoever. It came out of the blue. There was no police and just thousands of drunken men on the streets ready to pounce on whomever they felt like. It was a totally uncivilized scene. That shouldn't be allowed. Pubs closing and unloading all these drunken idiots on the street. Very dangerous.

Is this a Europe vs America thing? Or an America vs the World thing? :redface: