Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Want:

200? Tesla Roadster. Electric prototype, does 0-60 in under 4 seconds, gets the equivalent of 130+ mpg.

One of my friends is considering getting one of those Tesla Roadsters. He keeps debating back and forth about it, but Ithink he's going to build a new house first, then get the car.

liteneck

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I drive a 2003 Ford Mustang dark red exterior, tan/khaki interior.
I want a 2008 Lincoln MKx black exterior, black interior.
I only roll with the best company ever, Ford Motor Company. LOL!!!

NumberOne

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Type of car(s) you own? Color, make, model.
Type of car you want? Color, make, model.
Black 1989 240sx with sr20det engine swap. Black 1997 Eclipse GS-T with JDM crate motor +upgrades blah blah. Bergundy 1974 Chevy Nova with a 383 stroker + 4 speed :)
What I want... Too many to list

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Present car: 2001 Mustang GT Convertible w/ 5 speed manual - this car is a blast to drive, but it's heavy. It's faster than the Acura RSX Type-S that I had before, but the Acura handled better than the Mustang.

Dream car: Something scary fast that's lightweight with razor-sharp handling. A Porsche Carrera GT ($440,000) would fit that description.

The San Diego Auto Show is this weekend. I'll keep you posted.

actioncfc

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Present car: 2001 Mustang GT Convertible w/ 5 speed manual - this car is a blast to drive, but it's heavy. It's faster than the Acura RSX Type-S that I had before, but the Acura handled better than the Mustang.

Dream car: Something scary fast that's lightweight with razor-sharp handling. A Porsche Carrera GT ($440,000) would fit that description.

That's a cool car to want! You might need another helmet to drive it. LOL:cool:

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'll just help Mama Meg raise the count of female participation here, so bear with me. :wink:

I own a 1967 Mustang (the 390ci/V8-version) and a 2005 Audi RS4. Also, my sig other Frank lets me drive his 1980-something Peugeot 505.

Want:

McLaren F1 - no explanation needed

Indeed, none needed. You'll let me take it around Laguna Seca for a few laps if I help you raise half of the million bucks you need to buy it?

bottombuddy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

damn - wish i was in san diego - tut.

cars ive owned are as follows...........

morris ital estate - bright red(my first car)
fiat panda - graphite metallic
vauxhall corsa - jade green
citoen zx - red
citroen bx - black - shittiest cars in the world
volvo 340 - gold
volvo 340 - ink blue metallic
volvo 480 ltd ed - auto - paris blue (best car iv owned)
volvo 850 estate - navy metallic
volvo 850 estate - silver
vauxhall movano van - white
citroen saxo - white

currently dont own a car as most things are waling distance but id like another in the spring of 2008..i never buy brand new cars as they loose value so quickly and they rust like buggery due to salt on roads in winter.

if i had a choice id have a barn full of restored cars from 50/60/70's.

Reactions: BigdongSE

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm used to cars nickel and diming me to death, but I have a 2014 Mercedes 350E that's $500 & $1000ing me! I bought it to drive clients around, and I think I may have had three potential customers in the car with me. I usually drove the company pickup truck until I totaled it a couple of years ago.

Now I tool around in my 1999 Jeep Wrangler. It's a great Florida car. But I am looking for something else a little more practical than a Jeep or a Benz. I won't do SUVs but I miss that pickup truck. Thing is hubby has a truck, and I don't want to be redundant. I haven't really started looking yet, but it won't be long.

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I'm used to cars nickel and diming me to death, but I have a 2014 Mercedes 350E that's $500 & $1000ing me!

You might be able to claim the Benz and its upkeep as a business expense if that's it's primary use. Check with your accountant.

How's your recovery from the crash going? Wounds and bones all knitted up and mostly back to normal?

Reactions: BigdongSE

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You might be able to claim the Benz and its upkeep as a business expense if that's it's primary use. Check with your accountant.

How's your recovery from the crash going? Wounds and bones all knitted up and mostly back to normal?

Actually, I did use the car as a business expense and used the depreciation. But as of the middle of last month I retired, so that's out of the question! LOL! That's why I'm looking for something not quite as flashy. I bought it used with about 26,000 miles on it. It's been a great car. Kind of boring, but I like that.

I got a loaner while it was in the shop, and I had to run back into the dealership to say "How do you work this thing?" I had no idea how to start it or anything! Cars sure have changed!

I'm doing quite well since the accident. But I'm a great weather forecaster. Little catches here and there. The biggest hurdle was just driving again. I'm not ashamed to say that therapy helped me get back in the driver's seat.

I sure do miss that truck.

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Not going to give specifics on the current one, other than it's just a small Econobox of a uncommon make and a very uncommon color and it is the sixth car I've owned so far (most of which were also small basic no-frill models (had to roll all the windows down by hand), including a real beater).

As far as what I want...I'm still holding out hope of finding that cherry condition AMC Pacer (any year) on Ebay Motors, preferably in purple or cobalt blue. Don't judge me :rolleyes:.