Carson Daly -- looks like he has AIDS

B_Nick8

Cherished Member
Media
New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I'm not bothering to read every post here, but I cant' beleive someone actually brought this up! I remember when he dropped the jeans and tshirt look, which I thought was a mixtake, but then obviously someone told him to lose weight. I don't think he has AIDS, but he looks AWFUL and I don't know if its coke or what but man, he has to quit it!!

14x8thck

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
When he moved his show from NYC to L.A. he got thin and as into the "scene" as he is he is suffering from Manerxia and a severe case of Homophobia. Was a much cooler dude in NYC. He came home to L.A. and got all macho and odd his tie is a prime example. Do not watch anymore but HIV/AIDS just not nice.:rolleyes:

BBB2.5

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I will apologize in advance to those of you that are educated about HIV/AIDS.

I think your choice of words are extremely offensive...:mad:

Have you ever seen a person who actually has Lipodystrophy? It is also know as "facial wasting syndrome" There are 4 different levels that can occur. Below you will find actual photos that will show what it really looks like.

I suffer from it myself....been Positive for over 15 years. My condition almost got to a level 3....talk about destruction of ones self esteem. I no longer look like that, thanks to a product know as "Sculptra". It is a facial filler designed to treat this condition. It is injected into the skin and it is built up in layers, which in turns give the face a more natural look. I had three different procedures performed. It hurts like crap...:eek: It has changed my life, as I feel so much better about myself now....:biggrin1:

As forCarson, looks like he has had a quick weight loss.....nothing more.

Please looks at the photos below..they do get worse as it worsens....:frown1:

Well there you have it...People can we think about our words before we type them...but most of all.. Know this,AIDS is a reality, and it should not be taken so lite lightly.

:cool:

Redflame

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Sheesh guys, he's a celebrity living to the realm of media image and probably excess. To say automatically he has aids is just disgusting. Cocaine and crystal will do that to a man too as will anorexia or even just an extreme workout regime and a bad photo. Take it from someone who knows... I lost 20kg over a year and people asked if I had Aids... no I had a habit that was fun while it lasted but wasn't a habit, it was just too much partying and dancing like crazy. Leave the guy alone.

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's not only the startling weight loss but the changes in facial structure and incipient hair loss in the photo. The picture reminds me back when I was a teen watching Rock Hudson on television dying of AIDS. There he was with Doris Day at a golfing event looking like a gaunt scarecrow, still trying to put a brave face on and claiming he was on a "health diet." A couple weeks later he collapsed in a hotel lobby in Paris while getting treatment at the Louis Pasteur Institute and it was all over the news- Rock Hudson succeeded in putting a face on AIDS.

I really hope Carson Daly has some newly made up disease like Manorexia because the alternative is pretty gruesome.

avg_joe

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's not only the startling weight loss but the changes in facial structure and incipient hair loss in the photo. The picture reminds me back when I was a teen watching Rock Hudson on television dying of AIDS. There he was with Doris Day at a golfing event looking like a gaunt scarecrow, still trying to put a brave face on and claiming he was on a "health diet." A couple weeks later he collapsed in a hotel lobby in Paris while getting treatment at the Louis Pasteur Institute and it was all over the news- Rock Hudson succeeded in putting a face on AIDS.

I really hope Carson Daly has some newly made up disease like Manorexia because the alternative is pretty gruesome.

Anorexia, Manorexia, what else? Any made up disease?

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I will apologize in advance to those of you that are educated about HIV/AIDS.

I think your choice of words are extremely offensive...:mad:

Have you ever seen a person who actually has Lipodystrophy? It is also know as "facial wasting syndrome" There are 4 different levels that can occur. Below you will find actual photos that will show what it really looks like.

I suffer from it myself....been Positive for over 15 years. My condition almost got to a level 3....talk about destruction of ones self esteem. I no longer look like that, thanks to a product know as "Sculptra". It is a facial filler designed to treat this condition. It is injected into the skin and it is built up in layers, which in turns give the face a more natural look. I had three different procedures performed. It hurts like crap...:eek: It has changed my life, as I feel so much better about myself now....:biggrin1:

As forCarson, looks like he has had a quick weight loss.....nothing more.

Please looks at the photos below..they do get worse as it worsens....:frown1:

Well there you have it...People can we think about our words before we type them...but most of all.. Know this,AIDS is a reality, and it should not be taken so lite lightly.

:cool:
Thanks, BBB. I guess no one saw my post on page one...

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
Anyone else noticed this:

Gay men = offended
Straight men = not offended

That much said, I never meant that I think he actually has AIDS, but that he looks like someone who has AIDS -- such as the people I knew who had AIDS. I don't see what is so controversial about this statement. Go figure.

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
Anyone else noticed this:

Gay men = offended
Straight men = not offended

That much said, I never meant that I think he actually has AIDS, but that he looks like someone who has AIDS -- such as the people I knew who had AIDS. I don't see what is so controversial about this statement. Go figure.

Even saying "he looks like someone who has AIDS" is basically insensitive because it evokes images of a person's suffering from a degenerative disease.