Carson Daly -- looks like he has AIDS

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I watched his show a couple of weeks ago and thought he didn't look well. He appears to have lost a lot of weight. I hope he is ok and the weight loss is from working too hard and not from poor health.

jcjb2002

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Poor guy.. if he is ill he is working through it and deserves our respect for continuing his daily regime. Could be the party favors have gotten out of hand.. who knows..

mickstl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
you're right...he looks unwell

OMFG -- I hadn't seen him in a while. Not that you'd wish an eating disorder on someone, but the alternatives aren't pretty.

If it is manorexia, as usual, it is totally imagined -- he was SMOKING hot on TRL...

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Is "he looks like, Popeye died and Carson inherited his chin" offensive. Yuk,Yuk,Yuk.

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The picture reminds me back when I was a teen watching Rock Hudson on television dying of AIDS. There he was with Doris Day at a golfing event looking like a gaunt scarecrow, still trying to put a brave face on and claiming he was on a "health diet." A couple weeks later he collapsed in a hotel lobby in Paris while getting treatment at the Louis Pasteur Institute and it was all over the news- Rock Hudson succeeded in putting a face on AIDS.

I remember that incident with Doris Day. Hudson was all over the news that night and AIDS rumors were rampant. Some of his insiders were saying he was on a diet and others were saying he had cancer. He never admitted it until he collapsed in Paris seeking some kind of new treatment. I used to watch this program "Dynasty" and Rock Hudson was on it when he had AIDS. He had kissing scenes with Linda Evans, and when the news broke that he did in fact have AIDS she had to go for an AIDS test. So little was known about AIDS at that time, and some believed you could get it from kissing.

B_josiah852

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I saw him on TV the other night and I felt he didn't look well also. My first thought was just another celebrity eating disorder. He may have one of many health issues so maybe we should be very careful in how we judge the one's we make famous. I always liked Carson so I hope there is nothing seriously wrong with him.

Caliman

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
The man apologized for his misuse of a terminal illness to describe the appearance of a minor D-list celebrity. That’s a good thing. I didn’t recognized that guy in the photo. I did see parts of his show a couple times before He has the charisma of a wet sack of sand. Maybe he is sick with something. When he gets better from whatever it is he might get some personality when puts on weight. He might be boring himself sick. I think he does that to a lot of people.

[FONT=&quot]So what does this guy have to do with hung and celebrity in the first place? Nothing.
[/FONT]

leenyc97

Sexy Member
Media
When i saw a picture of Daly after his extreme weight loss, I too thought he might have AIDS. However, with the medicines available today, the one symptom he exhibited, extreme weight loss, is largely a thing of the past.

I was in college, living and working in West Hollywood in the early 80's. A time, before AIDS had a name, and poppers was being considered as a cause of these conditions. I saw first hand what the disease was doing to people, i.e. my friends. If anyone had seen Daly then, in his altered appearance, everyone would have made the assumption that he had AIDS. Weight loss was the most visible symptom of the disease. (I did a lot of cooking for my friends who couldn't eat the hospital food and got to know the staffs at Cedars and County hospitals.)

I used see to see Rock Hudson at a restaurant/club called the Rose Tattoo on Robertson Blvd in Weho. He went from robust to frail, like Daly. So did my friends Michael, Andre, Scott, Rick, Ken, Gertha, Tony, Tommy L, Tommy S, Ricky, Michel.... and so on. I went to a lot of funerals back then.

As research and treatment progressed, people with HIV and AIDS were being treated for the opportunistic diseases that came with the condition. Then came treatment for the condition itself. I have several friends who have been living with HIV for 20 years or more and know no one who has died from AIDS since 1994. Today, you would not know that they were infected, a huge difference from the early days of the disease.

To the original poster, yes that looks like AIDS used to look. Not so much anymore in this country, (at least for a person with the resources and brains to confront the situation). There is something going on in Daly's life that caused the weight loss, it could be medical, it could be emotional and HIV/AIDS is one of a number of possibilities.

I hope I didn't offend anyone by not being offended by the OP's question or the reference to the concentration camps.

Signed,

A gay Jew.

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Although it's not impossible for Carson to be infected, I strongly doubt it. Especially since he would probably be taking the means to make sure his health is impeccable so that he can continue his career.

That being said, I think that Carson may have an eating disorder. He doesn't look like he did when that first "manorexic" pic was taken, he's still hella skinny.

avg_joe

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Only his doctor and himself know whether he has HIV/AIDS or not. But I recommend all of his former partners get tested for HIV/AIDS.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The way you are refering to someone who is sick is offensive. It could be any disease that would give someone that look. Having said that i hope he is ok and if he is sick i hope he gets better

wldhoney

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
WildHoney, I totally undrstand what you mean. For me, I just think that there are other ways to describe a person's physical condition other than by trying to identify it with a disease. It reinforces negative images.
Both my parents have gone through their own bouts with cancer and my Aunt is currently under treatment for a recurrence of ovarian cancer. My Uncle died of AIDS, in this day and age, it is almost impossible not to know someone affected by these and other diseases. So I would be offended by any reference to someone looking like they are stricken by a disease.

Thanks, fratpack. And I am so sorry for all your family has and is going thru. It's definitely not easy to see loved ones suffering.

Unfortunately, people are curious and they are going to speculate when someone looks sickly. It's natural. And it doesn't stop there. We look and wonder about all types....those with dwarfism, facial deformaties, missing limbs. We hush children when they comment in stores, and avert our eyes.

While AIDS is not apparent in my friend yet, the cancer is for my sister. It bothers her MORE for people to look everywhere but at her, and she wishes they would just come out and ask her questions rather than staring and trying to figure it out.

Of course, every one reacts differently. What bothers me is that those who are uncomfortable with it and who want to attach a "don't say anything" political correctness to AIDS or any disease are essentially attaching a stigma to it. By ignoring it or whispering, it implies that the person should be ashamed, which they should NOT be.

I'm not saying we should point at someone and yell, "They look like they have .............". But instead of saying "It's horrible to say he looks like he has AIDS", make it a "It's horrible that he may be suffering from a disease, such as AIDS". The speculation isn't going to stop, but the implication that one is better than the other is taken away.

We have enough ignorance when it comes to people who imply that AIDS is sent to wipe out gay people. Why promote the idea that it is a disease that is WORSE than any other. Take away the stigma, and you take away the power of those who would use it.

Phatdick

Sexy Member
Media
This country is getting filled with ...overly hyper sensitives politically correct queens ...get the fuck over it ...I would have said the same thing , and Carson getting that Tan he looks like a plucked roasted chicken. I dont think he has Aids and I dont think he wants to look like that ....but who knows ???

avg_joe

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Too many people who care too much on "Political Correctness" which kills the freedom of speech !!!

thk8plus4u

Sexy Member
Media
To the two of you, above...

It's called manners.
It's called good taste.
It's called tact.

Pick up some at your local drug store, gents.

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
I don't know if I've already said it: I never meant that I thought he literally had AIDS. I said he looks like someone with AIDS looks, and this comes from having known people who died of AIDS.

I didn't mean to belittle anyone with AIDS. I meant that someone needs to do something because he looks like his life is in danger.

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
I don't know if I've already said it: I never meant that I thought he literally had AIDS. I said he looks like someone with AIDS looks, and this comes from having known people who died of AIDS.

I didn't mean to belittle anyone with AIDS. I meant that someone needs to do something because he looks like his life is in danger.

Regardless of your comparison, the reference failed to be humorous.