Carson Daly -- looks like he has AIDS

B_henry miller

Expert Member
Media
It was destined to fail in that capacity because I never meant it to be humorous.

Good-God, you are all so fuckin' touchy. Did you see any smilie faces in that post? Did you all see anything that indicated I take AIDS lightly? No. If that's your interpretation, then it's your own damn fault.

I don't take AIDS lightly. I know it's a serious disease. Having known people who died of it, how could I NOT take it seriously?

And, though I don't know him personally, I don't take Carson Daly's weight loss lightly. I think he is seriously in trouble and someone should help him.

Pull yourselves together, people.

Phatdick

Sexy Member
Media
thk8plus4u its sad that you have to buy what you mentioned above from a drug store ......if it tells me anything , it tells how much Class and personality you have my fellow human , what we said depended totally on appearance and being that we live in such a superficial society I for my self meant no harm what so ever , if he looked like a homeless on the street I would have said he is on crack , it was a total harmless observation but it seems America lately is so worried about who said what and how they said it that they forget to read between the lines sometimes but thanks for passing on the judgment MR Perfect.

sortofbigthen

Experimental Member
Media
thk8plus4u its sad that you have to buy what you mentioned above from a drug store ......if it tells me anything , it tells how much Class and personality you have my fellow human , what we said depended totally on appearance and being that we live in such a superficial society I for my self meant no harm what so ever , if he looked like a homeless on the street I would have said he is on crack , it was a total harmless observation but it seems America lately is so worried about who said what and how they said it that they forget to read between the lines sometimes but thanks for passing on the judgment MR Perfect.

Oh stop moaning. You sound like an old lady

(PS: Love the way you use the phrase "a homeless" when lecturing someone about class!)

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
It was destined to fail in that capacity because I never meant it to be humorous.

Good-God, you are all so fuckin' touchy. Did you see any smilie faces in that post? Did you all see anything that indicated I take AIDS lightly? No. If that's your interpretation, then it's your own damn fault.

I don't take AIDS lightly. I know it's a serious disease. Having known people who died of it, how could I NOT take it seriously?

And, though I don't know him personally, I don't take Carson Daly's weight loss lightly. I think he is seriously in trouble and someone should help him.

And the peddles go backwards...

SexyDick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
saying it looks like he has AIDS without any back-up evidence is extremely offensive and should NEVER be used. but he does look unwell.

SexyDick

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

it doesnt matter how you meant it. you cant tell expression from the internet and AIDS either way should never be taken as a joke.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've lived with HIV/AIDS most if not all of my adult life and stopped counting my losses at 60 back in 1992.

For the record, there are two types of wasting that could cause someone's appearance to change, and IMO Carson Daly doesn't resemble either:
1) Lipoatrophy is caused by the medications that prolong our lives. It involves the redistribution of fat from one's head, arms and legs to either a hump on one's back or a distended belly. I show signs of limited Lipoatrophy myself. My face is noticeably thinner and the veins in my arms and legs are more pronounced (the correct term is vascular).
2) Final-stage wasting is different altogether, and happens when your body can no longer keep up with the damage done by the various opportunistic infections caused by a breakdown/failure in one's immune system. By the time such wasting is pronounced, the person so effected is usually too weak to walk and is generally confined to bed.

When I read the OP and many of the replies, I was offended, and I am hardly a professional victim. Associating rapid weight loss with AIDS is something wagging tongues did in the mid-80s. Twenty years on you'd think greater maturity and empathy would be in order, but obviously it has not.

avg_joe

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
AIDS is a serious matter. I suggest all of his former and current partners get tested for HIV/AIDS virus.

B_nocock2big4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think that the description of carson having "AIDS" is offensive without something to back it up. He does look gaunt and or anorexic. I agree with those who have said that perfectly normal looking people can have AIDS. There also is a difference between being HIV positive and having AIDS which is the end stage of the disease process.

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
<- Totally gay. Not in anyway offended.

But I can see why other people are.

Hilarious to me though.

If you were 20+ years older, you may have a different perspective as a gay male. If you talk to gay men who were in their prime during the 80s and early 90s, seeing your friends die from a mysterious illness would change your perspective.

Yes, HenryMiller's OP was trying to be funny, but his reference to Carson Daly looking like an AIDS victim failed to be humorous. Even the best of comedians occasionally make jokes that the audience doesn't find funny.

Edmond405

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Agreed... much hotter in his TRL days. Maybe he's probably on one of those foo-foo Hollywood diets these days... :ponder:

I was just going to say the same thing - some damn agent probably told him to "get thin" and look like Justin Timberlake or something. I don't care for the really thin look, but have friends that insist on striving for it. And you know what? At a certain age, to get that look, what you have to go through isn't healthy. Most resort to drugs. I'd bet he's on something for weight loss or or that he's quit eating all together. Anyway, VeeP had some great pics - let's look at those instead :wink: - Ed

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have to agree- might it just be the proverbial 'crappy picture'? Do you have others to post of him for comparission? Pictures over time maybe?

hookedup71

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
yes, he looks bad. BUT, he just looks like he did thw whole L.A. "get skinny" thing. He doesn't look sick, but he does look non-preportionate. His head is now too big for his body. It's like when Oprah lost all that weight in the begining, and her head looked too big for her body. IMO, if youre too heavy or too skinny for your body size, it looks wrong...be you, and get over it