cartoon bulge

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Thanks for the explanation, bliss. The fact that Sambo was also the name of a Harriet Beecher Stowe character didn't help the PC quotient much.

da_blissmachine: Who was Harriet Beecher Stowe?

I also hate that the only person from my ethnic group most Americans are familiar with is a cartoon.

gigantikok: [quote author=da_blissmachine link=board=meetgreet;num=1066010366;start=40#41 date=10/25/03 at 01:04:12]Who was Harriet Beecher Stowe?[/quote]
This won't be the best explanation but if I remember correctly, she wrote a novel during the height of slavery. She portrayed slavery as brutal and horrific in an attempt to enlighten the masses. The name of the book was "Uncle Tom's Cabin".

47boreas: [quote author=da_blissmachine link=board=meetgreet;num=1066010366;start=40#41 date=10/25/03 at 01:04:12]Who was Harriet Beecher Stowe?[/quote]

Do you live in US? How is your cultural education at school? I am a Scandinavian man, but I have read "Uncle Tom's Cabin".  ???

BTW I must tell you that I do now know most of those cartoon characters about which you have written on this topic. - So, I cannot judge you.

To put again the topic aside: I have whole record-player in my wardrobe, but I do not use it, for I have also CD-player. However, I think that my home is not anachronous. My TV-set is analogical, so I ought to buy digital TV-set with DVD-player instead of videotape player.  :-/

jerkin4-10: 2 things...1. the disney thing...the penis was NOT a mistake... was drawn by a disgruntled artist who was fired over it when it was discovered...its only on the original cover art of the 'classic' series VHS tapes...if you have a 'classic' VHS without the dick...thats the one worth something...not the 'masterpiece' collection one..no DVDs had that cover art...[ i was in the industry for some time]...2. *sighs* backward masking...jeez...i listened for this stuff when i was younger...and you have to have a real KEEN ear...or my theory...be on a hallucinagin...to 'hear' that shit...stoners sitting around a dorm room...stoked to the gills...and one of em gets up and starts spinning the turntable backwards...'WOW!, DID YOU HEAR THAT?...I THINK ROBERT PLANT JUST SAID...'SATAN IS MY SWEET SAVIOR!' '...remember that? on stairway to heaven...at the part where he says 'its just a spring clean for the may queen,...i musta listened to that a million times TRYING to hear it...i think the problem was...I WASNT STONED...lmao....BACKWARDS MASKING...BULLSHIT!!!

da_blissmachine: Oh Ok I've heard of Uncle Tom's Cabin.... yes, I live in the US but we never read that book.