Cartoons

shad24

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Have been home a few days and really bored. watching t.v. and was wondering what happened to all the good cartoons?
Turned to the cartoon network and saw a little blue blob with eyes and a mouth, then on another channel there is a meatball and fries? what happened?
Ok, what was your favorite cartoon growing up or today whichever and is it still aired?

jakeatolla

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
shad24 said:
Have been home a few days and really bored. watching t.v. and was wondering what happened to all the good cartoons?
Turned to the cartoon network and saw a little blue blob with eyes and a mouth, then on another channel there is a meatball and fries? what happened?
Ok, what was your favorite cartoon growing up or today whichever and is it still aired?

Being a father of two kids under the age of three, The most popular
show in our household is Dora the Explorer. The Backyardigans are
a close second.

Personal favorites are the old warner brothers cartoons.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I'm an old Looney Tunes/Merrie Melodies fan, too. When I was a kid, though, my Saturday morning TV favorite was The Mighty Mouse Playhouse.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I liked Super Friends. Perfect for a budding homosexual.

Some of the cartoons these days are awesome. I love seeing what with my niece and nephew are getting into - Dora, Jack's Music Shack, Blue's Clues - it's all just about my speed, haha.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
alex8 said:
Scooby Doo.

The Smurfs.

*forbids tittering* :rolleyes:

*Activate tittering button*

SMURFS!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :lmao: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :087:

A bunch of blue male creatures.... clearly some were gay.:biggrin1:

*titter off*

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
jeff black said:
*Activate tittering button*

SMURFS!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :lmao: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :087:

A bunch of blue male creatures.... clearly some were gay.:biggrin1:

*titter off*

Shut it, Gargamel! :rolleyes:

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I liked some of the looney tunes. I loved roadrunner!

Some other favourites of the top of my head:

• Clangers
  • Rhubarb & Custard
  • Whacky Races
  • Mr Magoo
Can't recall any more but it was a while ago. Some cartoons now are still good but they seem to lack the simplicity I remember though they seem to be less violent!

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
alex8 said:
Scooby Doo.

One of the all-time best. There was one season when I was really little where they brought in cartoonized guest-stars, like Sonny & Cher, Batman & Robin, Laurel & Hardy and Sandy Duncan (Can't remember why she was famous, all I can remember is her glass eye and Wheat Thins commercials).

Of course, "Scrappy-Doo" was the harbringer of its demise. :rolleyes:

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I could never get into Scoob Doo...somehow it always vaguely irritated me. Now I think about it, it still does!

I wanted Scrappy Doo neutered, immediatately, preferably sans anesthesia:tongue:

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Alas, poor Sandy Duncan, she has no glass eye. Surgeons removed an optic tumor in the early 1970's and although she can still move it naturally, she cannot see out of it.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
So I don't know if anybody remembers this one from the 70s, there was this HR Pufnstuf spin-off called Lidsville, and all the characters were like these walking, talking hats with different personalities and abilities. That one stuck with me, LOL!

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Matthew said:
So I don't know if anybody remembers this one from the 70s, there was this HR Pufnstuf spin-off called Lidsville, and all the characters were like these walking, talking hats with different personalities and abilities. That one stuck with me, LOL!

It has a major cult following now (mainly with trippy-hippie types :rolleyes:), and the whole series is available as a 3-DVD set in the States. In case you never realized it at the time, the teenager Mark in the live-action segments was played by Butch Patrick (formerly Eddie in The Munsters). :cool:

*counts up today's trivia points*

curious n str8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Matthew said:
The Banana Splits, Johnny Quest, Spiderman and the Fanstasic Four and I remember having the hots for some female cartoon but can't remember her...oh well :tongue: