Cary Grant and Randolph Scott - lovers?

sevencirc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
A few years ago i heard cary grant and randolph scott - two of hollywood's handsomest men - had lived together back in their prime. were they lovers? now THERE'S a video i'd like to see....cary and randolph sucking each other off. i've heard cary was very well hung, but also read on a web article a quote from one of his female lovers that he was just average, like six inches. any rumors/facts out there that would support either of these statements?

Manraker

Sexy Member
Media
According to all reliable sources the two were just roommates, friends. Cary may have been bi, but Randolph Scott was definitely straight. Jerome Zerbe took some pics of the two of them camping it up at their beachside pad and people misconstrued these innocent photos as being evidence of a homosexual relationship. But the wives of these two men vehemently denied it and one has to trust their side of the story more than the wishful fantasies of outsiders who project their own desires onto the two. Myself included!

thk8plus4u

Sexy Member
Media
Well, that was much more than "a few years ago"!
I personally believe they DID fool around, Cary was not
hung, and the pictures of the two of them together as
'roommates' was a cover for their homo activities!

hotbtminla

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
There's never been anything more than rumor/innuendo, but no credible support is out there to indicate that either of them were anything other than straight.

They were very close friends and lived together for quite a while, even in between marriages. Whether or not they were lovers is something nobody will probably ever know (Celluloid Closet "research" aside).

Thicktooll

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Is it there a video about of you all are talking about I would love to see if they are well hung Can any body find or supply evidence of what you are saying?

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Many who knew Cary swear that he was bisexual. However, his last wife, Dyan Cannon, swears that there's absolutely no truth whatsoever to him being anything but 100% straight. Anyone who has ever read any biography on Cary/Archie, knows what a mystery, and one who hid so many facets of his life, that he was.

losangelestim

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
manraker has the story right. cary grant had gay friends but he wasn't gay. friends knew him before his death. i arrived in l.a. about a week after he died so missed my chance. i have no idea about randolf scott except that he's hot as hell. i met him when he was an old man at a book signing party for roddy mcdowel (met liz there too). no gaydar went off. you could tell he must have been something in his youth.

RobinSF

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There were many rumors about them floating around. In some, their "Bachelor Pad" was a party den where no woman was safe. Of course, the studio then put out that they were perfect gentlemen who would never maul young girls after plying them with alcohol, and even put out pictures of them behaving themselves with respectable appearing girls (who happened to be contract actresses with the studio).

What we do know is that a columnist (I want to say Hedda) got pissed at one or both (usually told as she got pissed at Cary) and made threats about trashing them in a column (not an idle threat coming from Hedda) and how much she could make of two eligible bachelors making so much money yet sharing a house where women were "safe" to visit. The implied homosexual angle was the absolute worse that could hit any studio star. At that time, queers were a bit less respected than a serial killer. They immediately split as roommies.

Not that it means for certain they were lovers, or that they were not. Just some history.

LongRod

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Actually, what difference does it make? The majority of his movies were in the 1940's and 1950's. If he were alive today he would be turning 104 y/o this year. In his era, the public was not as accepting of that life-style as they are today and family, friends, Hollywood Studios, etc. went to great lengths to protect the image of the Movie Stars. Image meant a lot and homosexuality was not viewed as being favorable at all. It would have killed his career. I would expect his wife to vigorously deny the possiblity of him having affairs with other men.

sevencirc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Here is a pic of the two posing on the diving board outside their house. It is not real big, but you can use your imagination and make up stories... if you want. ;-}

wonder if they would've had room for three on that board??? sexy photo
of two guys who were major hunks. thanks for the info. and the pics, everyone.

Being a fan of old Hollywood, I've been delving into its history for years. The closest thing I can find to anything about Grant being gay are rumors of rumors and that doesn't count for a thing.

Grant wasn't just a celebrity, he was an extremely accomplished actor who had the skills to thwart gaydar. Gaydar can be jammed when it comes to someone more than adequately trained to do so. Hollywood made a point of giving some actors with effeminate traits lessons in being straight.

The question may well have arisen from a bit of Hollywood history which Grant himself invented. Grant was the first actor to use the term gay for homosexual in a film and he did it ad-lib. The film is 1938's marvelous screw ball classic, Bringing Up Baby (that's a Youtube clip of the famous scene).

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was at a dinner party where one of the guests was Paul Winfield, a fairly known openly gay actor in Hollywood who passed away a few years ago. The scoop in Hollywood among the gay actors regarding Cary was that he was bisexual and actually bought houses for his lovers where they could live. They would be entrusted as caretakers of the property and he would occasionally "visit" them whenever he wanted. Apparently he had a string of them. It ensured secrecy and the lovers had a good reason to keep mum about their arrangement.

Another interesting fact he revealed was that Jimmy Durante, the guy with the big schnoz was infact, gay.

sevencirc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Hmmm.....interesting info. on Cary.

Hey, if Jimmy was equipped between the thighs like he was between the eyes, he'd have made the reported 12-inch "Cock of Hollywood," Milton Berle, look like he was hung like a hamster.

Once again, rumors of rumors. No disrespect for Mr. Winfield, a terrific actor, but what we have is a lack of paper trail or first person account. I don't deny the possibility but Hollywood actors are the biggest rumor magnets in the world so I believe the standard should be high in proving uncorroborated allegations.

And what are you still doing here?

New and notable restaurants

Sweeney Todd is looking good!

I was at a dinner party where one of the guests was Paul Winfield, a fairly known openly gay actor in Hollywood who passed away a few years ago. The scoop in Hollywood among the gay actors regarding Cary was that he was bisexual and actually bought houses for his lovers where they could live. They would be entrusted as caretakers of the property and he would occasionally "visit" them whenever he wanted. Apparently he had a string of them. It ensured secrecy and the lovers had a good reason to keep mum about their arrangement.

Another interesting fact he revealed was that Jimmy Durante, the guy with the big schnoz was infact, gay.