Case of the Uglies....

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by Rikter8, Oct 21, 2006.

1. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ok..

Lets say theres a Guy.. oh..for sake of discussion..28 yrs old, 6'1 Caucasian, classic farm guy... Not really buff, and not really skinny. Let's say slightly overweight.
    Everywhere he goes, people look in either fear, scurry away, or just plain give no acknowledgement to.
    He dresses generally plain, Clean bluejeans and a tee, or possibly cargos and a t, or collared polo type shirt with white sneakers or dockers.
    His face looks stern or serious most of the time, and somewhat of a frown has set in. Light clean complexion, Glasses, average looks, medium length hair.
    His disposition is more subdued and quiet than roudy or loud.
    Beneath the apperance, he is a loving, caring and thoughtful individual that just can't seem to stand out and be noticed.

What would you recommend this person do to get either appearance help, or to be noticed more (But not so flashy that EVERYBODY notices)?

Thoughts?

2. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

3. art

art
    Gold Member

Hi, Rikter.

In short, change everything YOU don't like about this guy. You're not gonna change your age, sex, coloring, so forget about it. You're looking to make this person into an attractive person to other people.

Exercise a little, doing an activity you like. (Sex isn't really all that great an exercise.) You don't need to spend every waking hour in a gym, but ride a bike a little, walk more, take the dog out to explore the neighborhood. Lose a little weight, get some minor muscles going, and you'll be more confident. Confident is VERY sexy.
    So long as your clothes are clean, and neither too tight nor too loose, you're fine. Might want to vary your wardrobe a little, just for a change.
    Try not to look so serious all the time. Practice your friendly, smiling look. Imagine a person people would want to talk with. Ditch the frown. Glasses can be ok, if they "look" like you. Average looks are fine, your hair's probably ok -- you might consider going to to a hair stylist and see what he or she suggests.
    That's good. I've been pretty successful in marketing my subdued, quiet personality. I'm really very shy, but I force myself to be more outgoing when I meet new people.
    You want people attracted to the outside package, so they'll want to get to know the inner person. It's all about marketing, at first.

Good luck! I'll be interested to see what others suggest.

Art

4. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    Also...if skin is poor condition see a skin dr. In general make sure one is well groomed. Makes all the difference.

5. davidjh7

Gold Member

The biggest, easiest change you can make to improve your apearance to everybody, that doesn't cost antyhing, is healthy for you, and can be done instantly, is to SMILE. You don;t have to look like a raving loon, but just a smile makes you more attractive, period. People are far more attracted to happy people than sad or serious people. Forget the model "I'm too sexy to be silly" pose crap. If you don't have a reason to smile,. make one. Read a joke, find humor wherever you go. If you are happy, and learn to be positive, people will gravitate to you. Then you can let the people you want in to see your best side--your inside. It sounds simple, but it really works. Improve the things YOU don;t like about yourself, as you have time and inclination to do so. The more you like who you basically are, the more otherswill like it, too. Don;t pose, or change the things that you are comfortable with, because you won;t be comfortable anymore, and it will show. Just my two cents.

6. HorseHungTodd

HorseHungTodd Member

Albums:
    If he is a caring and loving guy, all he needs to do is go out and smile. When I go out with a smile on my face, I have guys all over me, if I don't have the smile.... I go home alone like the rest of the deadwood.

7. PussyWellington

Albums:
    I have had experience with a man like this, infact he was my boyfriend for a while. This man was very similiar to your friend (or you ;). He wore glasses, was not considered attractive (although I found him to be). Was extremely quiet, didn't smile much. People just didn't notice him. The main problem was that he lacked passion -- about anything. He was however very sweet, tender and gentle.

The smiling is good advice but it has to be genuine, there is nothing that I hate more than fake, insincere smiles -- (apart from fake and insincere people), and I can spot them. He needs to develop some interests in things, care about things and develop and share these ideas and passions with people.

Sure, you can change your outward appearance to 'attract' someone but sooner or later your inner qualities will reveal themselves and those are the qualities that are more important. Not everyone is looking for a 'GQ' kind of man.

Draft saved Draft deleted