Casey Anthony Trial: Not Guilty Verdict of Murder

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_Marius567, Jul 5, 2011.

1. B_Marius567

B_Marius567 New Member

Casey Anthony Trial: Not Guilty Verdict of Murder.

should be out of jail this week.

cute hot women get a way with murder.

#1 B_Marius567, Jul 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  2. fratpack

Gold Member

Albums:
    throw enough things into a "kitchen-sink" defense and something is bound to stick. a recent poll found that 50% of Americans thought she is not guilty.

3. SR_CriaMiaRiver

SR_CriaMiaRiver New Member

It's BS really, their showing the jury right now

10 Women
    2 Men

Theres a fair jury right there

4. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    She may not have been able to have been found guilty in the strictest, legal sense of the word. I hate to think how I would have had to vote if I had been on that jury.

Yet I think there's little doubt she was involved in her child's death, probably heavily. I see no justice for the young, innocent victim of matricide, however passively or aggressively.

5. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Remember, Not Guilty does not equal innocent. Reasonable Doubt is a large hurdle for any prosecutor to get over.

6. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

She was found guilty of lying to the police in 4 counts and can face 4 years, she has served some time already, so who knows maybe she will be freed. I hope her family turns her back on her. I know she is guilty and I hope she gets shanked to death in prison tonight.

7. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

Remember not guilty means they can't keep her in jail for killing her daughter and she can't be tried again for it even if she confesses. Not guilty does mean innocent of the charges against her.

8. Hoss

Gold Member

Albums:
    Isn't justice grand?:rolleyes:

9. B_Lightkeeper

B_Lightkeeper New Member

YEAH. Put her in a cell with O.J. He likes white women.

10. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    I never thought they had the evidence to prove premeditated murder. I didn't understand trying to pin it on the grandfather to save her either.

11. Drifterwood

Gold Member

In Scotland they have a verdict of not proven which I think leaves the case open for retrial.

US juries seem loathed to go guilty in high media profile cases. I wonder why that is.

12. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

Anything to create doubt, and it worked. She is a vile, heartless baby killer who would make fake accusations of sex abuse against her father to save her ass.

Just the fact that she was cold and heartless when her father was crying on the stand should be enough to see what a cold blooded person she is.

It just proves that if you have money, or have a high profile case where a good defense lawyer can gain fame that you can be found innocent of circumstantial evidence.

13. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

They should not have tried for the death penalty when there is no proof of intentional murder. I think it was accidental. I heard a recent theory that "Zanny the Nanny" was Xanax that she used to knock her daughter out so she could leave her alone and go out at night. I think she accidentally gave the kid too much chloroform and killed her by mistake.

One of the problems with the system is to find 12 people in Florida who don't know about the case. If they don't know about it they shouldn't be on a jury. They are not told everything that the media has said or everything that we have heard. All the defense has to do is raise doubt, and they did. There is no way to find the cause of death on such a badly decomposed body unless say it had obviously been burned.

14. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    The government did not produce enough evidence to prove to the jury beyond a reasonable doubt that she killed the girl. It's as simple as that. You folks need to turn off Nancy Grace.

15. Industrialsize

Albums:
    The Law is very careful with wording and semantics. Not guilty does NOT mean innocent. It means that the prosecution was unable to prove to a jury of 12 people that Casey Anthony killed her daughter BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT, a very high bar. She was "acquitted", or released, from the charges against her, but she was in no way shape or form found innocent.

16. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    The U.S. Constitution prohibits someone from being tried twice for the same crime.

17. Industrialsize

Albums:
    Actually you can be tried twice, but only if there is a "mistrial" or a hung jury. Once a verdict is handed down, the "Double Jeopardy" part of the Constitution does kick in and precludes a second trial.

18. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    How do you reconcile that opinion with the concept of the presumption of innocence, under which the accused is held to be innocent of a crime until proven guilty? This is a fundamental legal and human right around the world. If a person is acquitted of the charges against her because the state could not prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she was guilty, then in fact she is still innocent in the eyes of the law. She may in fact be guilty as hell, but technically she is innocent.

#18 vince, Jul 5, 2011
  19. TomCat84

Gold Member

Albums:
    Thank you for the clarification.

20. poppinfresh

poppinfresh New Member

This is a shame to justice...The defence and juriors should now have to have Casey as their permenant unsupervised baby sitter for there children. Lets see how they would vote now and as for being tried twice...lots of guilty cases get retried in the courts. Why can someone guilty when and if evidence shows otherwise be reversed but not the other way around? I like the idea of unproven if it leaves the case open.

#20 poppinfresh, Jul 5, 2011
Draft saved Draft deleted