"Casually Promiscuous"?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Quite Irate, Sep 28, 2007.

1. Quite Irate

Quite Irate Member

Albums:
    I have been described by a good friend as "casually promiscuous", and I'm not sure what to think of it. I'm very young and probably have "more experience" than a lot of people my age, but I don't go around getting knocked up all the time, nor do I have unsafe sex. That isn't a problem for me as of now, because I'm in a long term relationship, and the three of us have been tested. (normally that sentence would seem hilarious contradictory, but in my case it's not).

Anyway - I asked my friend what she meant, and she said she didn't really know how to explain it, other than that I get around a lot, but not in a bad way. Does LPSG have any clue what she means?

2. Osiris

Gold Member

You are experimenting and you are doing it within your relationship. Sure, you aren't in the traditional one man/one woman relationship, but that shouldn't make any difference. You are plugamous if that is a word to use. You have a committment with two as opposed to one. I think you are smarter than most. I had a massage therapist who was in a similar relationship and they were a lot better rooted then traditional couples I knew.

Perhaps this friend can't comprehend your current committment situation. It's been my experience that when someone can't understand something, but is trying to show an approval or try to understand and approve, remarks like this come out.

Does that make sense?

3. huw ginnit

huw ginnit New Member

Albums:
    Perhaps she means you enjoy your sexuality and I don't mean your identity. I mean you are able and mature enough to take from sex what you want.

Maybe she thinks you take opportunities in your stride. If promiscuous people go out and look for sex and you don't go out looking for it , it somehow finds you anyway... I don't know? Does that seem to fit?

I'm intrigued by your circumstances, your obviously a very self aware young person, and the idea that you are in a relationship with two other people confirms this.

(Btw, your gallery is fantastic, your personal style is very strongly defined and extremely well put across. Your careful use of pose and props put me in mind of Cindy Sherman, but in a whole new sense; I hope your talent is used and appreciated. Good for you!)

4. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

You're probably more open minded about and comfortable with your sexuality than she is about/with her own, that's all. Since "promiscuous" often has a negative connotation in our puritanical flavored society, she's trying to qualify it as non-derogatory by adding adjectives. Hard to say exactly what she means without asking her, but maybe "casual" is supposed to mean that while you enjoy sex and aren't opposed to being with more than one partner at a time (making you promiscuous by her standards), at the same time you're not some raging horndog slut rubbing up against every random dude at the club and brining home a different one each night. That's my guess.

5. B_blackkid

B_blackkid New Member

Maybe you're just really "Casually Promiscious". You're nonchalant about how you handle your business and meet your needs and meet them, when neccessary, with whomever you find to be worthwhile.

So you're not just raunchy and fucking everyone, but you do make your rounds.

6. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    I personally find "slut" and "slutty" highly complimentary, but I'm not a 14-year old girl.

7. Quite Irate

Quite Irate Member

Albums:
    Thanks for all the responses. I know she meant no harm in saying it, but I felt like there could be something beneath the face value explanation. She's not terribly experienced for her age, so I think she just doesn't know what to think about how I act and what I do sexually.

Draft saved Draft deleted