Cat or Dog friends?

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
A friend of mine turned up two weeks ago with two cats,male and female, with cat food and a cat litter tray, she had been let down and asked me on her way out of the door if i would mind them whilst she is on holiday and they are not a problem!!!!!.

I don't dislike cats, but always had dogs, the cats are driving me insane, they are so naughty, smashing pots, scratching my furniture and whining all the time,they have me up every morning at about 4-30 fighting and playing chase, they have got into the habit off snuggling under my duvet when i am in bed and lying across my face licking me YUK!!!!, the best was yet to come, i cleaned out the cat litter tray:eek: and was almost sick, the smell was terrible.

I can't wait for them to go home, my hands are bit and scratched when they were suppost to be playing.

Do you have cats or dogs? or which do you prefer?, i am at my wits end with these two.

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
After you give the cats back, wait a few weeks, and tell your friend it didn't work out. You think you may be allergic to cats, and won't be able to sit for them again.

I texted her already and told her what little twats they were being and this will never happen again, she told me she loves me and carry on the good deed. :mad:

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have a dog. I don't dislike cats but I wouldn't have one for exactly the reasons you have given above Tardis.

Now with dogs I would only entertain certain breeds. I like tough, determined dogs not needy ones. I have a 5 year old female Scottie who was 2 when I got her. She had a variety of different owers. I was wary taking a dog that age as all my previous dogs I got as pups and I trained them well. I need not have worried. She fitted in from day 1 and is an absolute gem. She is so independent. I've been sat out here on the terrace all night since we got in from work. Sacha has been out here too but on her own seat over the other side of the terrace in her own space buuuuut still where she can see me. Every little while she'll come and sit next to me on the sofa then head off back to her own space again :smile:

My last 2 dogs were a Scottie and a Westie. Whilst westies can be a bit yappy Scotties never are and rarely bark. They live to a good age too. Angus was 18 when he eventually died.

I've just realised I could have just said Dogs not Cats instead of typing all this:rolleyes:

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
I have a dog. I don't dislike cats but I wouldn't have one for exactly the reasons you have given above Tardis.

Now with dogs I would only entertain certain breeds. I like tough, determined dogs not needy ones. I have a 5 year old female Scottie who was 2 when I got her. She had a variety of different owers. I was wary taking a dog that age as all my previous dogs I got as pups and I trained them well. I need not have worried. She fitted in from day 1 and is an absolute gem. She is so independent. I've been sat out here on the terrace all night since we got in from work. Sacha has been out here too but on her own seat over the other side of the terrace in her own space buuuuut still where she can see me. Every little while she'll come and sit next to me on the sofa then head off back to her own space again :smile:

My last 2 dogs were a Scottie and a Westie. Whilst westies can be a bit yappy Scotties never are and rarely bark. They live to a good age too. Angus was 18 when he eventually died.

I've just realised I could have just said Dogs not Cats instead of typing all this:rolleyes:

Thats exactly it Davey, i miss both my dogs, German shepard and Old English sheepdog, they were so faithful and loving and walkies was a treat, i find after them passing away i was so upset, i cannot bring myself to have any more.

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media
I texted her already and told her what little twats they were being and this will never happen again, she told me she loves me and carry on the good deed. :mad:

You were used. She owes you some kind of reward. I wasn't going to do this but her debt to you is so large I'll just have to kiss you, squeeze your bosom, and frot you until you can't take anymore. I hate to make the sacrifice but someone has to do it. You are owed such a great debt.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thats exactly it Davey, i miss both my dogs, German shepard and Old English sheepdog, they were so faithful and loving and walkies was a treat, i find after them passing away i was so upset, i cannot bring myself to have any more.

I was like that for a long time but it seemed fate stepped in. Sacha was offered to us by someone who was unable to look after her any more. Now being my favourite breed I just could not resist. Now in my book it just has to be fate as I have only ever seen one other Scottie on this Island.

As for your so called friend.....................you don't really want to hear my thoughts on her do you? :mad:

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
she had been let down and asked me on her way out of the door if i would mind them whilst she is on holiday and they are not a problem!!!!!.

- have an inkling the 'let down person' was very sensible'

Very NAUGHTY .. lady friend
personally i wouldn't tolerate the cheekiness of it all Tardi
Pretty well Guarantee .. a male (Human) would not be so blatant
(annoyed am i -- ha - true)
enz

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If I had the money I would board them at a shelter until she comes back; and give her the bill. Surely she knows someone else that actually owns cats, whom she could have left her pets with? What she did to you was unconscionable and rude. :mad:

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Tardis, I had to laugh at your post because the behavior you describe is so very familiar. It's just par for the course if you're going to have cats, as any cat owner knows.

In spite of their trouble-making ways, I prefer cats to dogs. All pets come with certain undesirable qualities, certain difficulties. I think the reason why people prefer dogs to cats or vice versa has a lot to do with what people are willing to put up with and what they aren't willing to put up with. For example:
  • Cats will wake you up at 4 a.m. demanding breakfast. Dogs need to be walked.
  • If you have a cat, you have to clean the litterbox, but if you have a dog, you still have to pick up the poop from the back yard or when you take them on walks.
  • Dogs stink. (Sorry, dog-lovers, but they do. They also have a sort of greasy, waxy coating on their fur--lanolin?--which gets off on your hands and makes them smell bad. I always feel the need to wash my hands after petting a dog.) Hence, dogs need regular baths--and more often than twice a year, in spite of what some dogs owners seem to believe. Cats, on the other hand, are fastidious about bathing themselves, have nice soft fur, and are virtually odor-free.
  • Cats jump on counters, climb the furniture, knock things over, and sit on anything you're trying to read (or they want to sleep on your lap when you're too busy to sit down and give them one). Dogs seem to be unaware of the entire rear half of their bodies, constantly bumping into people, furniture, and knocking things off of low tables with their tails.
  • Cats, if allowed in the bedroom, will take over the bed. They will also "help" you make the bed and fold laundry.
  • They both shed, but I think dogs tend to be worse in that regard.
  • Some dogs bark every time a person or car goes by the house, or when the doorbell rings, or when visitors come into the house. They may get over-excited and go ballistic, or they may jump up on people. Cats simply watch passers-by, and when you have visitors, they may hide from them or simply ignore them. (Occassionally they will bother to casually come over and be paid attention to.)
  • Cats are regal, elegant, and graceful. Dogs are goofy and they drool.
  • Cats are finicky, but less likely to beg for people food. Dogs will eat anything (including garbage, cat litter, shit, and vomit--oh, and cum-soaked tissues), and they want whatever you're having.
  • Dogs are loyal, but they also need a lot of attention--to the extent that cat people generally find them annoyingly needy and clingy. Cats are more independent, but can still be very friendly and affectionate. Cats are also more soft and cuddly than dogs.
  • Some dogs will destroy your house when you're gone too long (or at all). Some cats will do the same thing, but for entirely different reasons.
To some degree, both cats and dogs can be trained to behave, and I am a firm believer in training and disciplining pets. (You can teach a cat to stay off the counters and not to scratch the furniture.) Unfortunately, many pet owners let their pets get away with anything, and seem to think that their atrocious behavior is "cute." Tardis, given how inconsiderate this woman was dumping her cats on you without asking you in advance, it comes as no surprise to me that her pets are not well-behaved.

Also, if you're a pet owner, you've got to adapt your home to make it as safe as possible for your pet and your possessions. So if you have cats, you learn that tables, shelves, bookcase, etc. essentially become a cat playground, and you avoid decorating with anything that can be knocked over, particularly anything delicate, breakable, or potentially dangerous.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Thought everyone would get a kick out of this!

DOG DIARY

8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
12:00 PM - Lunch! My favorite thing!
1:00 PM - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
3:00 PM - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
5:00 PM - Milk bones! My favorite thing!
7:00 PM - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
8:00 PM - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
11:00 PM - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

CAT DIARY

Day 1783 of my captivity.

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects.
They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are
fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for
the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in
order to keep up my strength. The only thing that keeps me going is
my dream of escape.

In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet.

Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their
feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it
clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made
condescending comments about what a 'good little hunter' I am.
Bastards!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was
placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event.
However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that
my confinement was due to the power of 'allergies.' I must learn what
this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my
tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try
this again tomorrow -- but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches.

The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released - and
seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously sick.

DGirl

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Good post
Meniscus!!!!!!!!!!!

Mouse has broken so many things when we were in Bahrain. Because, he likes to jump and so does Mandy. So, when I took them to Kansas City, I bought a large glassed curio to keep my breakable items.
I am lucky that Stormy is not much of a jumper, she is too FAT!!

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

DOG DIARY

8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!...

CAT DIARY

Day 1783 of my captivity...

Oh my god, nudie, that's genius.

One of the best depictions I've seen of a dog's thoughts is Dug from the Pixar movie UP!

YouTube - Up - Meet Dug [HD]

"Hi there. I have just met you and I love you."

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
Tardis, I had to laugh at your post because the behavior you describe is so very familiar. It's just par for the course if you're going to have cats, as any cat owner knows.

In spite of their trouble-making ways, I prefer cats to dogs. All pets come with certain undesirable qualities, certain difficulties. I think the reason why people prefer dogs to cats or vice versa has a lot to do with what people are willing to put up with and what they aren't willing to put up with. For example:
  • Cats will wake you up at 4 a.m. demanding breakfast. Dogs need to be walked.
  • If you have a cat, you have to clean the litterbox, but if you have a dog, you still have to pick up the poop from the back yard or when you take them on walks.
  • Dogs stink. (Sorry, dog-lovers, but they do. They also have a sort of greasy, waxy coating on their fur--lanolin?--which gets off on your hands and makes them smell bad. I always feel the need to wash my hands after petting a dog.) Hence, dogs need regular baths--and more often than twice a year, in spite of what some dogs owners seem to believe. Cats, on the other hand, are fastidious about bathing themselves, have nice soft fur, and are virtually odor-free.
  • Cats jump on counters, climb the furniture, knock things over, and sit on anything you're trying to read (or they want to sleep on your lap when you're too busy to sit down and give them one). Dogs seem to be unaware of the entire rear half of their bodies, constantly bumping into people, furniture, and knocking things off of low tables with their tails.
  • Cats, if allowed in the bedroom, will take over the bed. They will also "help" you make the bed and fold laundry.
  • They both shed, but I think dogs tend to be worse in that regard.
  • Some dogs bark every time a person or car goes by the house, or when the doorbell rings, or when visitors come into the house. They may get over-excited and go ballistic, or they may jump up on people. Cats simply watch passers-by, and when you have visitors, they may hide from them or simply ignore them. (Occassionally they will bother to casually come over and be paid attention to.)
  • Cats are regal, elegant, and graceful. Dogs are goofy and they drool.
  • Cats are finicky, but less likely to beg for people food. Dogs will eat anything (including garbage, cat litter, shit, and vomit--oh, and cum-soaked tissues), and they want whatever you're having.
  • Dogs are loyal, but they also need a lot of attention--to the extent that cat people generally find them annoyingly needy and clingy. Cats are more independent, but can still be very friendly and affectionate. Cats are also more soft and cuddly than dogs.
  • Some dogs will destroy your house when you're gone too long (or at all). Some cats will do the same thing, but for entirely different reasons.
To some degree, both cats and dogs can be trained to behave, and I am a firm believer in training and disciplining pets. (You can teach a cat to stay off the counters and not to scratch the furniture.) Unfortunately, many pet owners let their pets get away with anything, and seem to think that their atrocious behavior is "cute." Tardis, given how inconsiderate this woman was dumping her cats on you without asking you in advance, it comes as no surprise to me that her pets are not well-behaved.

Also, if you're a pet owner, you've got to adapt your home to make it as safe as possible for your pet and your possessions. So if you have cats, you learn that tables, shelves, bookcase, etc. essentially become a cat playground, and you avoid decorating with anything that can be knocked over, particularly anything delicate, breakable, or potentially dangerous.

Mem,this is exactly it, i learned from day 2 after 2 smashed vases, 3 plates and currently my windows have no curtains up to them as they appeared to be a good swing and entertainment for one of the cats inparticular, she is getting fascinated with the window blinds puller at the moment. They go home Sunday Hooray!!!!

DOG DIARY

8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
12:00 PM - Lunch! My favorite thing!
1:00 PM - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
3:00 PM - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
5:00 PM - Milk bones! My favorite thing!
7:00 PM - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
8:00 PM - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
11:00 PM - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

CAT DIARY

Day 1783 of my captivity.

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects.
They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while the other inmates and I are
fed hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for
the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in
order to keep up my strength. The only thing that keeps me going is
my dream of escape.

In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet.

Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their
feet. I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it
clearly demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made
condescending comments about what a 'good little hunter' I am.
Bastards!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight. I was
placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event.
However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard that
my confinement was due to the power of 'allergies.' I must learn what
this means, and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my
tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must try
this again tomorrow -- but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches.

The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released - and
seems to be more than willing to return. He is obviously sick.

Love it Nudey :biggrin1: