Catchiest song I've heard in a LONG time

Qua

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wait till the chorus...this is gold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GaFwtAA3K4

Devin Townsend is one of the most diverse artists out there...this is one of the best dancepop rock songs I've heard in a long time, but he's primarily known as one of the most influential extreme metal artists of the 90s and 00s. Man's an incredible talent

Youtube quality sucks, Devin Townsend's production is a veritable wall of sound that needs really high quality audio to translate well, so if you care, listen to it at a much higher quality at the bottom of this page http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=131585

kyberneticka

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
whoa.. definitely not catchy to my ears.

I love that everybody likes different music, and I always try to understand what draws people to specific genres. I never say any song or style "sucks" just because I may not care for it.

Qua

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
whoa.. definitely not catchy to my ears.

I love that everybody likes different music, and I always try to understand what draws people to specific genres. I never say any song or style "sucks" just because I may not care for it.

Oh yah I should have titled it "catchiest CHORUS"...there's honestly not much catchy anywhere else...it's more of a chop and mix DJs turf

...though I understand tastes very...how was that chorus NOT catchy? Hooky and danceable as anything. If you were put off by Devin's growly voice...well you're not the only one, but the girl sounds great to my ears.

Last edited:

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I love Devin Townsend. Ziltoid the Omniscient is one of my personal favorite albums.

B_hungprepjock

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
You mean ‘catchy’ like a disease? ;)

This song grabs me by the ears and works its way into my head, so I feel it in my jaw and neck…

From my favourite local group, Beach House

Two videos of the song in question from Pitchfork:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHbtR8nO81M&feature=related

www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkRRj_XGmL8&feature=related

They’re currently on tour in Europe and play a show at Bush Hall in London this coming Wednesday (already sold–out unfortunately, though they’ll be back for two shows at the Roundhouse on March 13 and 14, one of which, for the moment at least, has tickets available).

They’re in Paris, February 20, at La Maroquinerie. Thence, on to Belgium, the Netherlands, Scandanavia…

Victoria Legrand (niece of Michel) and Alex Scally