Cats

shad24

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Normally I am a dog person, have 4 ranging from a terror to a 75lb shepard/wolf to a 140 lb belgian shepard. All from the pound. but recently adopted a kitten. (Mom was crushed at a lumber yard)
Any way, brought her home put her in a box by the couch. then noticed that when I left and came back and played with her her head was always wet! got me curious, so I left and peeked in the window to see what was going on. The damn dogs wait till I leave, reach down in the box grab her by the neck, sit her on the couch,( so she can see the T.V.?) and continually lick her, cleaning her. she's only a couple of weeks old. But when the dogs hear the front door opening they drop her back in the box and start the innocent thing. Guess I have been out voted about keeping her.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
shad24 said:
Normally I am a dog person, have 4 ranging from a terror to a 75lb shepard/wolf to a 140 lb belgian shepard. All from the pound. but recently adopted a kitten. (Mom was crushed at a lumber yard)

*d uses his Vincent Price voice*
"Beware the terror of shad24."
the dvd release will be announced soon.

lol dreamer20

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
As promised firefox:

Jerry Lewis & my pussy

I know you all are cat lovers and I just thought I would mention something odd that happened several years ago regarding my pussy. I wanted to find out what the great Jerry Lewis was all about as Turner Classic Movies had a series of his films lined up that day. I was watching "Who's Minding the Store" and noticed my pussy also watching it intently. "How strange?" I thought. When the film got to some of Jerry's silly antics in the department store my pussy became very agitated, attacked the television screen and then ran out of the house. I guess Jerry Lewis is an acquired taste, but I like him. Who would have known that Jerry Lewis would drive my pussy crazy. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

lol dreamer20:beerchug2:

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
dreamer20 said:
Jerry Lewis & my pussy

I know you all are cat lovers and I just thought I would mention something odd that happened several years ago regarding my pussy. I wanted to find out what the great Jerry Lewis was all about as Turner Classic Movies had a series of his films lined up that day. I was watching "Who's Minding the Store" and noticed my pussy also watching it intently. "How strange?" I thought. When the film got to some of Jerry's silly antics in the department store my pussy became very agitated, attacked the television screen and then ran out of the house. I guess Jerry Lewis is an acquired taste, but I like him. Who would have known that Jerry Lewis would drive my pussy crazy. Has anyone else had a similar experience?
The chances of my letting a Jerry Lewis movie play through to the end without throwing a brick at my television are ZERO, so I guess I'll never know. :rolleyes: However... anything with horses in it immediately transfixes my cat. He stares with the widest eyes he can make and is unable to look away for a nanosecond so long as the horses remain on-screen. He's also quite fond of watching dogs, and is an avid fan of the Lance Henriksen movie Man's Best Friend, from which he also learned to shake himself like a dog. Seriously. :eek: :biggrin1:

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Does anyone own a tomcat?

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=verdana,arial][5] Sarah Hartwell, Cats that kill kittens, at http://www.messybeast.com/kill_kit.htm (Our emphasis.)[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]-- Animal "Filicide" and "Cannibalism"
Sarah Hartwell explains that tomcats kill their kittens after receiving "mixed signals" from their instincts:
Most female cats can switch between "play mode" and "hunt mode" in order not to harm their offspring. In tomcats this switching off of "hunt mode" may be incomplete and, when they become highly aroused through play, the "hunting" instinct comes into force and they may kill the kittens. The hunting instinct is so strong, and so hard to switch off when prey is present, that dismemberment and even eating of the kitten may ensue.... Compare the size, sound and activity of kittens with the size, sound and activity of prey. They are both small, have high-pitched voices and move with fast, erratic movements. All of these trigger hunting behavior. In the tomcat, maternal behavior cannot always override hunting behavior and he treats the kittens in exactly the same way he would treat small prey. His instincts are confused.[5]​
[/FONT]It is odd that she has stated "maternal" behaviour instead of "paternal" behaviour for the tomcat. The tabbycat raises the kittens on her own.