Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hi.........y'all
I don't know how I missed this announcement thread, but thankful that I
just happened upon it. But, please count me in....... :beerchug2:

I missed the first 2 gatherings and I certainly don't want to miss the next one...

Any idea, jason-els or HellsKitchenmanNYC or NudeYorker, when it will take place this time?

I'm thinking of the upcoming holidays, so will it be before the end of the year or,
after the beginning of next year?

Will we be PM'd about it later?

Last edited:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Jason and I met for lunch and discussed that perhaps it should be after the first the year as most people tend to be very busy during the holiday season.

Right after New Year's is what I have found to generally be best. At that time everyone's obligatory social occasions are over and people aren't on the road or have houses full of family. It's also good because we can get reservations for a lot of people at a time when restaurants aren't so busy and welcome groups who don't pre-pay. Because it's low key, most find it a relaxing and fun experience.

I want to make very clear, for everyone reading this thread, that there is no groping, no outrageous flirting, no hook-ups, nothing remotely sexual. Our first meet was in a neighborhood Irish bar and I can assure you neither the clientele or the management would appreciate that kind of behavior. Every time this party has happened it has been an event I have worked very hard to make welcoming to everyone. I have also stated explicitly that it is not a hook-up party.

This is just an opportunity to meet each other, make new friends, relax with a few drinks and maybe some food, and enjoy good craic. If you find you have an interest in someone else then great, we're adults and as we know (ahem) LPSG has brought more than a few couples together. If that happens, arrange something afterward. If that has happened in the past, I've been unaware of it so any real flirting that's gone on has been entirely discreet. I'm also a bit surprised, and disappointed, to hear concern that gay guys won't be able to keep their paws off the straight guys. That stereotype is the one that primarily causes gay people to feel so socially isolated whether it's at work, in school, in gyms, in church, or socially. Some people know how to act in public, non-sexual venues, and others do not. Every LPSG member I have met so far has behaved in an exemplary manner.

I do try to make an effort to find places that are at least gay-tolerant and I do that as a comfort and safety measure. Manhattan is a very tolerant place so I have not found that to be an issue, but I make certain first because I know there are places which are not gay-tolerant and were there to be an issue of someone with gay mannerisms causing discomfort among the usual clientele, then that could be a recipe for trouble. It's sad that this is still an issue in this day and age. I mention this only because it's not something straight people might necessarily consider. Again, that doesn't mean the venue is gay. Both places we have been are not gay social spots. I have specifically omitted exclusively gay haunts precisely because I do not want any straight members to feel awkward. Gay-tolerant does not mean that there are gloryholes in the toilets and lube dispensers on the bar.

We rarely talk about cock (amazing, I know), though we do sometimes, as adults do, talk about sex. Just as here, I do not want anyone to feel inhibited in their discussion. Stimulating, intellectual conversation does not occur among people with, "braces on their brains."

LPSG is fairly unique in the mix of staight and LGBT peoples. I have always assumed that anyone who stays as a long term member is able to understand that really we're all just people. I am sorry if anyone has taken any of the post-party banter on this board seriously. There has been a little flirting but nothing more than friends would do amongst each other when an amusing bit of innuendo or humor arises. To my knowledge there has been on groping, no unsolicited touching, and no unwanted attention directed at anyone. If anyone has hooked-up following the party, it has happened so discreetly that I am unaware of it.

I say it once more because it is so important for me and, ultimately, for the success of these parties: Everyone of any age, color, sexuality, religion, size, or ethnicity is welcome to attend these meet-and-greets and I work to make certain everyone feels welcome and comfortable.

If anyone has any further concerns, please PM me and I will be very happy to answer any questions that you may not wish to ask publically.

Last edited by a moderator:

B_Jennuine73

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I would really love to attend. As soon as the date is set, is it going to be announced? I have never been to New York and it is the city in the states I'd most like to visit. Keep us posted!!

M

Mr Ed in Mass

If we can make it,I'll steal another car to get to NYC
......................just like the last time!

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Assuming I'm in the USA at the time and date, I'd hope I can attend this time. :smile:

What makes me hesitant, however, are the stories about groping, flirting, sex, etc. I'm unsure how many are serious and how many are whimsical, but I have no reason or desire to attend a gay hook-up party. (And some of the stories I've read confirmed these apprehensions I had about the previous meeting.) :redface::frown1:

After reading yr post I hope yr not here at the time! If you can't read bween the lines of how we joked about the meet n greets then yr not only young y'r nuts. We had good times mtg folks in civil surroundings and we acted accordingly. We're looking to make friends and meet people we see online.

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
After reading yr post I hope yr not here at the time!

I'll assume your bizarre typing style means what I estimate it to, and take that as an official un-invitation then.

If you can't read bween the lines of how we joked about the meet n greets then yr not only young y'r nuts.

Thank you for dismissing what I said because of my age. I'm sure the dozen or so LPSG members that I've already met, all of whom are significantly older than me, would agree with that justification.

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'll assume your bizarre typing style means what I estimate it to, and take that as an official un-invitation then.

Thank you for dismissing what I said because of my age. I'm sure the dozen or so LPSG members that I've already met, all of whom are significantly older than me, would agree with that justification.

OK I';m sorry I jabbed at ya so fast but I thot the TONE of yr orig post was insulting. Maybe I wa wrong and read too muh into it. I hope I did and yrreally a nice guy!

HellsKitchenmanNYC

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I STILL think the whole tone of your post was COMPLETELY out of place and since yr younger we'll let ya slide a bit until ya get hip to the jive,,,,esp since yr in a May/Dec deal.....n'est-ce pas?

I STILL think the whole tone of your post was COMPLETELY out of place and since yr younger we'll let ya slide a bit until ya get hip to the jive,,,,esp since yr in a May/Dec deal.....n'est-ce pas?

Oh dear.... :footinmouth::doh::wall:

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
No strings is a nice guy but I guess Merc wasn't working the strings attached to his mouth this morning perhaps?:tongue:
:sad6: I couldn't resist! :arms::silly:
cigarbabe:saevil:

No strings is a nice guy but I guess Merc wasn't working the strings attached to his mouth this morning perhaps?:tongue:
:sad6: I couldn't resist! :arms::silly:
cigarbabe:saevil:

Aaaaiiiiieeeee!!!!!! Run away! Run away!!! :eek:uttahere:

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Maybe we should do BBQ's on 23rd ST. They have a private downstairs room, and I am feeling like eatting some meat right off the boner (bone)....:redface: I am flexible with the date. (even B4 New Years)....