CBS Poll: Majority of Americans Want Republicans to Keep Fighting HealthCare Bill

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Obama said "Go For It," and he may get his wish according to this poll from CBS...the majority of Americans want Republicans to keep fighting Obama's Healthcare bill.

The "Bring it On" strategy only spurred more talk of "Repeal and Replace" plans.:rolleyes:

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Obama said "Go For It," and he may get his wish according to this poll from CBS...the majority of Americans want Republicans to keep fighting Obama's Healthcare bill.

The "Bring it On" strategy only spurred more talk of "Repeal and Replace" plans.:rolleyes:
Well, first off, it would be impossible for the republicans to repeal the health care reform LAW(Yes it's a law now, not a bill). 290 votes in the house and 67 votes in the Senate needed to over-ride a presidential veto. And replace it with what? The repubs had eight years with a repub president and didn;'t make ONE MOVE toward trying to effect health care reform.Repeal and replace are merely empty words.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Well, first off, it would be impossible for the republicans to repeal the health care reform LAW(Yes it's a law now, not a bill). 290 votes in the house and 67 votes in the Senate needed to over-ride a presidential veto. And replace it with what? The repubs had eight years with a repub president and didn;'t make ONE MOVE toward trying to effect health care reform.Repeal and replace are merely empty words.

It's not impossible to repeal as you pointed out. And the cases need to make their way through the courts before we know what is law. Replace it with what was discussed at the Healthcare summit - you remember the issues that Republicans and Dems agreed on.

A majority of the American People want the Republicans to keep fighting Obama's Healthcare bill...with the support of the American people "repeal and replace" are far from empty words. Empty Words -That's Obama's speciality.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's not impossible to repeal as you pointed out. And the cases need to make their way through the courts before we know what is law. Replace it with what was discussed at the Healthcare summit - you remember the issues that Republicans and Dems agreed on.

A majority of the American People want the Republicans to keep fighting Obama's Healthcare bill...with the support of the American people "repeal and replace" are far from empty words. Empty Words -That's Obama's speciality.
Yes it would be impossible, unless you live in Freeperland and are delusional. EVEN if the repubs win EVERY Senate election this fall, 67 is impossible. And we already know that Health Care Reform is the Law of the Land. It has the president's signature on it. Unless you still think the President is from Kenya Like Orly. Elections have consequences. Why would the Dem majority only vote for things the republicans agree with???

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

uncutguy37

Legendary Member
Media
Why does everyone think they are going to get "free" healthcare? With Obama's plan, everyone now has to "BUY" health insurance. The only ones that will benefit from this plan are the Insurance Company's. All of the young people who voted for Obama will now be forced to buy insurance that they will never use and cant afford, to pay for the old people who are using their insurance.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Yes it would be impossible, unless you live in Freeperland and are delusional. EVEN if the repubs win EVERY Senate election this fall, 67 is impossible. And we already know that Health Care Reform is the Law of the Land. It has the president's signature on it. Unless you still think the President is from Kenya Like Orly. Elections have consequences.

As you pointed out, it is not impossible. Over 30 Democrats voted against Obama's bill in the House. If the American people don't support Obama's reform "repeal and replace" is very likely. The Courts will have to weigh in on whether Obamascare is law.

Elections do have consequences...but one of the consequences isn't Obama, Pelosi and Reid shoving bad bills down the throats of the American people who repeatedly rejected their bad policy.

Why would the Dem majority only vote for things the republicans agree with???

Because the American people rejected the Democrat healthcare bill repeatedly.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
As you pointed out, it is not impossible. Over 30 Democrats voted against Obama's bill in the House. If the American people don't support Obama's reform "repeal and replace" is very likely. The Courts will have to weigh in on whether Obamascare is law.
You find me 67 votes in the Senate that would over-ride a Presidential veto
You find me 290 votes in the House that would over-ride a presidential veto

You'd have better luck finding a unicorn.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
You find me 67 votes in the Senate that would over-ride a Presidential veto
You find me 290 votes in the House that would over-ride a presidential veto

That may not even be necessary. After the November election and the cases make their way through court what needs to be repealed or replaced will be more clear.

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Why does everyone think they are going to get "free" healthcare? With Obama's plan, everyone now has to "BUY" health insurance. The only ones that will benefit from this plan are the Insurance Company's. All of the young people who voted for Obama will now be forced to buy insurance that they will never use and cant afford, to pay for the old people who are using their insurance.

some of the legal challenges rest on this point

let's see how the sleazy Supremes rule on the proposition that Owe-bama can compel me to buy insurance

as a matter a fact, it occurs to me that this is Owe-bama's version of a political "poison pill"; that once this crappy piece of legislation is not enacted, and found unconstitutional, he can shrug his shoulders and say "I tried"

Last edited:

hung9mike

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You know, had I been polled on this question, I might have indicated that I wanted the Republicans to continue fighting the health care bill (and I am in favor of the bill). I just think that fighting this issue is a losing cause for Republicans. It would be very easy to paint Republicans as siding with insurance companies over the needs of citizens.

And finally, please, get it right. It's the Democratic Party and always has been. Individuals within the party are Democrats. What, is the notion of "democratic" so offensive to Republicans that they can't even utter the word?

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
some of the legal challenges rest on this point

let's see how the sleazy Supremes rule on the proposition that Owe-bama can compel me to buy insurance
Don't get ahead of yourself......these "suits" may not even make it to the Supreme Court. Read the "commerce Clause".

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
You know, had I been polled on this question, I might have indicated that I wanted the Republicans to continue fighting the health care bill (and I am in favor of the bill). I just think that fighting this issue is a losing cause for Republicans. It would be very easy to paint Republicans as siding with insurance companies over the needs of citizens.

Yeah, I've heard that one to dismiss the poll. :rolleyes: Only 41% of Dems voted for Repubs to keep fighting. It was Independents that supported Repubs to keep fighting so your antics didn't skew the poll.

Tea Partiers and other Indeps who don't want govt takeover of Healthcare or deficit spending know that Republicans are siding with the American people who rejected Obamascare.

vlls

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Tea Partiers and other Indeps who don't want govt takeover of Healthcare or deficit spending know that Republicans are siding with the American people who rejected Obamascare.

Health reform is not a govt takeover of healthcare. Enough with these meaningless cliches, it makes you look stupid not only to your fellow Americans, but to the rest of the world who actually know what socialized medicine is. The current bill does not take over healthcare, it does not even provide public insurance. It merely regulates what's already out there.

As far as the deficit is concerned... the congressional budget office estimations say that healthcare reform will reduce the deficit... and every expert on the subject matter will tell you that the status quo will bankrupt the country eventually.

And if you're interested in facts, go and find some statistics and charts of the national debt. You will see that it is under Republican leadership that the national debt has increased the most.

During Bush:
- 2 tax cuts not paid for
- 2 wars not paid for
- prescription program not paid for

Obama's new budget bill will even pay for the stimulus bill within the next decade.

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Health reform is not a govt takeover of healthcare. Enough with these meaningless cliches, it makes you look stupid not only to your fellow Americans, but to the rest of the world who actually know what socialized medicine is. The current bill does not take over healthcare, it does not even provide public insurance. It merely regulates what's already out there.

Government takeover is about more than the public option. Read the bill.

As far as the deficit is concerned... the congressional budget office estimations say that healthcare reform will reduce the deficit... and every expert on the subject matter will tell you that the status quo will bankrupt the country eventually.

Obama's healthcare bill is a fallacy. The Dems put in a cut in the bill to Medicare reimbursements of 21% knowing full well they had no intention of doing that. That is a lie to allow the CBO to score the bill as not increasing the deficit. There are several other measures that will not be kept that will increase the deficit and cost the American people Trillions.

Obama's new budget bill will even pay for the stimulus bill within the next decade.

What? Educate yourself...please:

CBO: Debt level will rise to 90% of GDP in nine years
on March 27, 2010
When Barack Obama starts talking like a deficit hawk … grab your wallets. According to the latest CBO analysis of the Obama administration’s budget projections, the US will add almost a trillion dollars in debt a year for the next nine years, bringing the national debt to 90% of our annual GDP.

Obama has been off in his projections all along and as of Thursday the CBO says his budget will create a deficit 90% of GDP in 9 years and his budget was 1.2 Trillion off in it's projections.:rolleyes:

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
^If you're so worried about the deficit, then clearly you have some specific solutions in mind that you can spell out for the forum. So, please tell us specifically what policy solutions you would enact to pay down the federal budget deficit. (whether your solutions include tax increases and/or spending reductions, name them all)

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well the majority of Americans are stupid. I happen to think the heathcare bill is a piece of shit, but the solution is not to be found with the Republicans.

D

deleted15807

^If you're so worried about the deficit, then clearly you have some specific solutions in mind that you can spell out for the forum. So, please tell us specifically what policy solutions you would enact to pay down the federal budget deficit. (whether your solutions include tax increases and/or spending reductions, name them all)

You will be waiting a long time for that answer since if they were to answer that question they know they would not get re-elected for sure.
O.K., the beast is starving. Now what? That’s the question confronting Republicans. But they’re refusing to answer, or even to engage in any serious discussion about what to do.

Why are Republicans reluctant to sit down and talk? Because they would then be forced to put up or shut up. Since they’re adamantly opposed to reducing the deficit with tax increases, they would have to explain what spending they want to cut. And guess what? After three decades of preparing the ground for this moment, they’re still not willing to do that.

The Bankruptcy Boys