CBS Poll: Majority of Americans Want Republicans to Keep Fighting HealthCare Bill

StormfrontFL

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
saying you are a licensed insurance agent is like saying you have the IQ of an ant. it means shit...if they have to payout more, they will just start charging more
The IQ of an ant is sill twice yours.You claim to know that insurance companies are thrilled with HCR but you have no knowledge of or connection to insurance agencies and so your opinion is not as relevant as that of someone connected to the insurance industry. So once again I tell you to STFU.

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Exactly. The repeal and replace fight is losing steam, giving way to maintain and improve.
That's because money talks and bullshit walks. Calls for campaign donations based on repealing HCR weren't drawing jack shit for the Reps, so now they're 'clarifying their position' to something more 'ethically palatable' with their donors.

Afterall, somebody has to pay the bills for all of the strippers, limos and private jets they use. And now that they have been kicked out of office and can't stick taxpayers with the bill, you KNOW these sociopathic motherfuckers aren't going to go actually work for a living. Why would they do that when they can sit on their fat, entitled asses and sucker trusting people into just GIVING them the money.

Last edited:

TurkeyWithaSunburn

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
some of the legal challenges rest on this point

let's see how the sleazy Supremes rule on the proposition that Owe-bama can compel me to buy insurance

as a matter a fact, it occurs to me that this is Owe-bama's version of a political "poison pill"; that once this crappy piece of legislation is not enacted, and found unconstitutional, he can shrug his shoulders and say "I tried"

You're in Texas. Texas already requires some people to buy insurance whether they like it or not.
Texas Attorney General Was For A Health Care Mandate Before He Was Against Them

Mitt Romney, a Republican, supported and signed an individual mandate into law in 2006 when he was Governor of Massachusetts.

Republican Iowa Sen. Grassley and Republican Utah Sen. Hatch, co-Sponsored a bill requiring a mandate in 1993 to oppose Clinton's healthcare plans.

Mandates go back further than you think, 1798.
News: Pres. Signs H-Care Insurance Mandate-212 Years Ago! - Paul J. O'Rourke - Open Salon

D

deleted15807

^ Everyone with any long term memory cells should know the Republican Party is full of sociopathic liars.
Republicans were for President Barack Obama's requirement that Americans get health insurance before they were against it.

The obligation in the new health care law is a Republican idea that's been around at least two decades. It was once trumpeted as an alternative to Bill and Hillary Clinton's failed health care overhaul in the 1990s.

Obama health insurance requirement taken from GOP

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
^ Everyone with any long term memory cells should know the Republican Party is full of sociopathic liars.
Republicans were for President Barack Obama's requirement that Americans get health insurance before they were against it.

The obligation in the new health care law is a Republican idea that's been around at least two decades. It was once trumpeted as an alternative to Bill and Hillary Clinton's failed health care overhaul in the 1990s.

Obama health insurance requirement taken from GOP

I thought you said the Republicans never had anything ideas, never formulated a plan and certainly never put forth legislation on healthcare? :confused:
Now the Republicans came up with the central idea for Obama?

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I thought you said the Republicans never had anything ideas, never formulated a plan and certainly never put forth legislation on healthcare? :confused:

Where did sargon say that it was "central"?
Adding words to other people's statements again by accident? Displaying your inability to comprehend statements? Or are you purposely trying to distort the issue?

Besides, given that Obama is a centrist, nowhere near the radical left, and aimed for bipartisanship on HCL, it would make sense that some Republican ideas would be considered if not implemented. Too bad the major consensus of Republicans in the House & Senate are too busy playing party politics.

And now, for the smilies...
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
Where did sargon say that it was "central"?
Adding words to other people's statements again by accident? Displaying your inability to comprehend statements? Or are you purposely trying to distort the issue?

Besides, given that Obama is a centrist, nowhere near the radical left, and aimed for bipartisanship on HCL, it would make sense that some Republican ideas would be considered if not implemented. Too bad the major consensus of Republicans in the House & Senate are too busy playing party politics.

In response to Sargon:
Translated for the cronically ignorant:

Now the Republicans came up with the key idea for Obama's HealthCare Bill?
Oh and Obama was strongly against a mandate before he was for it.
YouTube - Obama Opposed Mandated Insurance During Campaign
Obama forced a bill with a mandate that has constitutional challenges.

mikeyh9in

Cherished Member
Media
San Francisco (California, United States)
I want Republicans *AND* Democrats to continue to fight for Halthcare reform... the bastard insurance companies are still in the game where *all* they do is increase costs and reap huge profits -- they have no other benefit to the consumer.

Republicans should fight, Democrats should fight... everyone should fight.

D

deleted15807

I love the smell of desperation in the morning.

That is exactly why TriniTroll has been posting new threads every hour. Obama's victory literally has him and the right wingnuts in a virtual panic. And I have no doubt it is a HIM behind the hood uuuhhhh mask I mean.

1kmb1

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
i would like them to keep fighting it, itll just make more Americans side with the democrats.

649 people? are you kidding me? sportsnation has almost 70000 people voting on Donovan McNabb's impact on the raiders. and he hasnt even been traded yet!

Trinity

Just Browsing
Media
i would like them to keep fighting it, itll just make more Americans side with the democrats.

649 people? are you kidding me? sportsnation has almost 70000 people voting on Donovan McNabb's impact on the raiders. and he hasnt even been traded yet!

Please. Poll after poll shows the same thing...a majority of the American people do not support Obama's healthcare bill. Here is a proper perspective presented by Politico...it's even Pro-Obamacare but it at least tells the truth:

But the Social Security Act of 1935 was supported by a strong majority of Republicans in the House and Senate. The final votes on Medicare in 1965 were closer, but that program still won the support of a narrow majority of House Republicans and almost half the GOP senators.

In contrast, Obama's health reform had no Republican vote in either chamber.

This reform is especially vulnerable because the public does not see it as a broad middle class entitlement and because its most generous subsidies won't kick in until 2014. The benefit backloading was one factor that helped undermine public support for Medicare Catastrophic Coverage Act.

In addition, as Henry J. Aaron and Robert D. Reischauer point out, the federal government is relying on state authorities (some of whom oppose the reform) to play a big role in the law's implementation. If the Republicans win the White House or Congress in 2012, look for the law's taxes and mandates to be significantly modified.

Supporters of health reform need to put the cork back in the champagne bottle and get back to work.​

In the next few years, they must find ways to make the law more acceptable to a skeptical public, more workable and, most of all, more fiscally sustainable.

If they don't, their hard-won political victory could remain at risk.

Fiscally sustainable...Even Obama knows his healthcare bill was crap that won't work and full of accounting gimmicks:

President Barack Obama said on Monday that a U.S. healthcare overhaul is a "critical first step" but that adjustments will be needed in the new law to further reduce costs.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Reuters

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
It's already law and the farther into this we get the harder it going to be to get rid of it. Suck it up and learn to live with it.

cruztbone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Trinity does not understand reality or anything connected to it. Her fantasy ramblings are cute and harmless and pathetic, all at the same time. Obamacare is real, its here, and is the law.the Supreme court rules in favor of the federal government's right to protect and defend the people of the US. It also rules in favor of the constitutional mandate of the federal government whenever a state tries to prevent the 14th amendment from applying to its residents.
Trinity is such a sweet little airhead, just like the candy of the same name.

1kmb1

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Please. Poll after poll shows the same thing...a majority of the American people do not support Obama's healthcare bill. Here is a proper perspective presented by Politico...it's even Pro-Obamacare but it at least tells the truth:

Fiscally sustainable...Even Obama knows his healthcare bill was crap that won't work and full of accounting gimmicks:

youre honestly going to try to argue that 649 people is significant enough to represent the opinions of some 200 million eligible voters?

i just took a poll of 1 american, and my results show that 100% of Americans support the health care bill.

maybe you should re-read that article. because its saying that some people were skeptical about Social Security and Medicare at first too. just because it says "the public" doesnt mean all Americans, it doesnt even mean a majority. "the public" could mean three guys sitting on a park bench. they use words like that when they dont have specifics to point to.

see how i used "they" same thing:)

and you cant just snip 2 words and assume it supports your argument.