CBS Reporter: "Obama's plane smells terrible most of the time"!

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Actually, it is my opinion that you placed this thread here as a "veiled" racist thread yourself. I don't believe for one moment that Obaba's plane really smells. This thread is a dig at the fact that Obama is black. Not sure about the original article, it may be satire as well. I certainly hope so. If it isn't we have a major news network engaging in racist behavior.

Our nation is going to striaght to hell in a handbasket and the major campaign issue is the odor on Obama's plane? If this is true, it is no wonder that our nation is headed striaght to hell. Our priorities of what we think are important are completely and totaly screwed.

If I were really concerned about Obama being president, I would have focused on the apparent lack of organization. That is a legitimate campaign issue. The article listed several things that could be of major concern if they are really true, but oder? That is racist pure and simple. You know it. I know it. And everyone who reads this thead knows it whether they will admit it or not.

You guys gotta look beyond the alleged racist-shit once and awhile! This was never a “veiled” racist thread in any way, shape or form and never would have been if others were not looking for a cheap-escape from the issues. Allegedly “racist pure and simple” my ass! Maybe in your mind but then you can spin reality however it suits your needs. I don’t give a fuck what color he is and don’t even see individuals by color, you should try the same.

His plane being unkempt and smelly says “lack of organization” and that’s exactly what I was posting about, you know, like what most people would think if they walked into somebody’s home and it was unkempt and smelly. I also linked the article = anybody reading that and coming back crying “race-card” has a problem, not me.

Last edited:

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Veiled? Veiled? If it is it is so well veiled that I can't see any racism at all, until N_S decided to employ his (somewhat ill-advised?) satire.

The article is about how the polish and treatment of the press on the McCain campaign is better - and how the Obama aides are not as competent. There is very little complaint against Obama himself, other than that he could 'banter' with journalists more. There is no suggestion at all that the smell is Obama's fault, his doing, or really anything to do with him at all. The overall suggestion is that his people are not as professional.

Of course perhaps the author of the report, Dean Reynolds, is a known racist - that might make a difference. Is he?

Also - in the OP of the thread I can't see any racism. Is 1BiGG1 a known racist? He's not got the best reputation for above belt posting but I don't recall any outright racism from him in the posts I have read. I am open to correction.

Are we now at the stage where nothing negative can be said about the Obama camp or the man himself without it being racist? OK - nothing in the article is really newsworthy. So what if his plane smells a bit off? But how is commenting on it anything to do with the skin colour of the candidate?

There is one loaded comment in the article: "Somehow the McCain folks manage to keep their charter clean, even where the press is seated." From this I read that the author thinks that the messy bastards are, in fact, the press corps - but him being one of them that may indeed be considered an informed comment, rather than a prejudiced one.

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That article's statement is a short step away from, "thems niggar houses sho have a bad smell to 'em." It is not even a cleverly veiled racist allusion.

Beyond that the CBS reporter has his head up his 6 o'clock. If he were any teenage aviation buff he could tell you that Barack Obama flies around in a Boeing 757-200 ten years newer, approximately a hundred thousand pounds heavier, 40 plus knots faster and is certified to fly up to 42,000 ft. vs. 37,000 ft. for McCain's old turkey Boeing 737-400 classic. Barack Obama's aircraft has much greater range and is ETOPS 'd for that transatlantic flight he took to Europe. McCain could only take his aircraft as far as Cartegena, Columbia from the U.S.

John McCain: N802TJ

Barack Obama: N755NA

Cindy McCain's company owns a 2002 Cessna Citation Excel (N560CM) which is a medium-sized business jet, comfortable but relatively slow in cruise. Interestingly, I flew one month with a guy who told me the reason they sold this straight wing model Citation to the McCains vs. the hot-rod .90 Mach Citation X was the selling point of getting into the 5,129 ft. long Sedona, Arizona runway under hot & high conditions.

End of aviation trivia. Back to the original thread. :smile:

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
His plane being unkempt and smelly says “lack of organization” and that’s exactly what I was posting about, you know, like what most people would think if they walked into somebody’s home and it was unkempt and smelly.

But that's NOT what you said. This is what you said:

Gee, really great potential leader that has a plane that smells so bad people talk about it!
Maybe the usual cleaning crew wasn't there that day. Maybe they burned his dinner during the last flight. I seriously doubt that if the plane smells bad it's Obama's fault. You can't tell me he's the one who cleans it. One of the perks of political life is that other people are supposed to clean up after you, especially on private planes. Maybe the reporter is full of horseshit. Maybe, maybe, maybe. You complain about the "liberal" media and then take any article you think is interesting as gospel. For all you know, McCain likes eating sardines in the middle of the night and leaves the tins on the countertop for the cleaning crew in the morning. Would that make him any less a potential leader?

Oh yes. The condition of Obama's plane speaks volumes about his leadership abilities. I'm convinced. :rolleyes:

Think before you post next time. It will save you some grief.

Hellboy0

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
That article's statement is a short step away from, "thems niggar houses sho have a bad smell to 'em." It is not even a cleverly veiled racist allusion.

Beyond that the CBS reporter has his head up his 6 o'clock. If he were any teenage aviation buff he could tell you that Barack Obama flies around in a Boeing 757-200 ten years newer, approximately a hundred thousand pounds heavier, 40 plus knots faster and is certified to fly up to 42,000 ft. vs. 37,000 ft. for McCain's old turkey Boeing 737-400 classic. Barack Obama's aircraft has much greater range and is ETOPS 'd for that transatlantic flight he took to Europe. McCain could only take his aircraft as far as Cartegena, Columbia from the U.S.

John McCain: N802TJ

Barack Obama: N755NA

Cindy McCain's company owns a 2002 Cessna Citation Excel (N560CM) which is a medium-sized business jet, comfortable but relatively slow in cruise. Interestingly, I flew one month with a guy who told me the reason they sold this straight wing model Citation to the McCains vs. the hot-rod .90 Mach Citation X was the selling point of getting into the 5,129 ft. long Sedona, Arizona runway under hot & high conditions.

End of aviation trivia. Back to the original thread. :smile:

Please...more trivia, buddy, cuz this thread is stinking as bad as the alleged smell in the plane. You've been the only one to supply any interesting irrelevant information about the Case of the Stanky Jet.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

WOW! Interesting how some of you read things into an article like that! I would never think anything like that when reading it nor have I ever thought one race has a cooperative on this topic. When reading something like that race has no-barrier on the unkempt/smelly market in my mind, I wonder why others think like that ….. oh yeah, nevermind …… 99% of them are just looking for a cheap scapegoat. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Wow. To link odors to a lack of organization. Has it really come down to this? I sure hope this question is asked of the two candidates during the final debate!!

Can someone alert me when they're rationing out working brain cells again? We need to make sure some of the people on this thread get some of them.

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
But that's NOT what you said. This is what you said:

Maybe the usual cleaning crew wasn't there that day. Maybe they burned his dinner during the last flight. I seriously doubt that if the plane smells bad it's Obama's fault. You can't tell me he's the one who cleans it. One of the perks of political life is that other people are supposed to clean up after you, especially on private planes. Maybe the reporter is full of horseshit. Maybe, maybe, maybe. You complain about the "liberal" media and then take any article you think is interesting as gospel. For all you know, McCain likes eating sardines in the middle of the night and leaves the tins on the countertop for the cleaning crew in the morning. Would that make him any less a potential leader?

Oh yes. The condition of Obama's plane speaks volumes about his leadership abilities. I'm convinced. :rolleyes:

Think before you post next time. It will save you some grief.

Not sorry the race card didn’t work for you. Open ur mind a pinch and maybe one day you can see past that tiny little world. :wink:

1BiGG1

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Veiled? Veiled? If it is it is so well veiled that I can't see any racism at all, until N_S decided to employ his (somewhat ill-advised?) satire.

The article is about how the polish and treatment of the press on the McCain campaign is better - and how the Obama aides are not as competent. There is very little complaint against Obama himself, other than that he could 'banter' with journalists more. There is no suggestion at all that the smell is Obama's fault, his doing, or really anything to do with him at all. The overall suggestion is that his people are not as professional.

Of course perhaps the author of the report, Dean Reynolds, is a known racist - that might make a difference. Is he?

Also - in the OP of the thread I can't see any racism. Is 1BiGG1 a known racist? He's not got the best reputation for above belt posting but I don't recall any outright racism from him in the posts I have read. I am open to correction.

Are we now at the stage where nothing negative can be said about the Obama camp or the man himself without it being racist? OK - nothing in the article is really newsworthy. So what if his plane smells a bit off? But how is commenting on it anything to do with the skin colour of the candidate?

There is one loaded comment in the article: "Somehow the McCain folks manage to keep their charter clean, even where the press is seated." From this I read that the author thinks that the messy bastards are, in fact, the press corps - but him being one of them that may indeed be considered an informed comment, rather than a prejudiced one.

Nice to see intelligence in your post and no, you will never see me being a racist because I’m not one. I don’t see people by their color and think those that do are well … let’s just say I feel really sorry for them. :frown1:

pym

Just Browsing
Media
I bet the "smell" is from a FISH that McCain threw under one of the seats when no-one was looking. Ala "GRUMPY OLD MEN", and he is Grumpy.:biggrin1:

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Probably smells like strawberry auto scent in that damn airplane. Did he notice any of those 1990's style, chrome plastic, Crown theme air fresheners laying around ? :rolleyes: